Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,496 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages (12920 Views)

Best 6 Small Cars Of 2019 / Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Large Wheels And Small Tyre Bezels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by obafemee80(m): 2:32am On May 11, 2017
Advantages and Disadvantages of Small Cars

With rising gasoline prices and the current economic recession, many automobile drivers are considering changing at least one of their vehicles to something smaller that will provide better gas mileage. This is especially true if the driver has a long commute to work.

Smaller cars, often referred to as subcompact cars, have both advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages
•Better gas mileage than larger vehicle on average
•Often cost less than larger vehicles
•Easier to park and maneuver
•Provide a fun and different driving experience
•Popularity for resale
•Sometimes are more reliable because they are more basic and mostly used worldwide

Disadvantages
•Less horsepower so can taker longer time to get to faster speeds and will be slower going up large hills and bumpy terrain
•May not provide as smooth a ride as bigger cars
•May be more dangerous if involved in car accidents
•Less space for drivers, passengers and cargo
•You may feel self-conscious about how you look in a small vehicle, especially when the larger cars keep passing you by.

https://axleaddict.com/cars/Special-Cars

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by Nobody: 7:23am On May 11, 2017
An average Nigerian will choose a Jeep over small cars

7 Likes

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by TroubleMaker47(m): 7:23am On May 11, 2017
I hate small cars ehh. All dis yeye picanto n co dem angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by Hades2016(m): 7:24am On May 11, 2017
OK Op
Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by danaiks(m): 7:24am On May 11, 2017
With the roads in Nigeria??

3 Likes

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by Zenanted(m): 7:25am On May 11, 2017
I dey come
Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by Nobody: 7:25am On May 11, 2017
They are pocket friendly, that alone makes up for every other shortcomings.

6 Likes

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by guychidile: 7:26am On May 11, 2017
if u are rich,u keep both

1 Like

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by j4sure(m): 7:26am On May 11, 2017
noted
Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by aggahegbema(m): 7:26am On May 11, 2017
TroubleMaker47:
at least if i start from small car na God win

4 Likes

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by Highvotage: 7:26am On May 11, 2017
Many a times, your pocket speaks your choice.

3 Likes

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by Partnerbiz(f): 7:27am On May 11, 2017
Who jas golf 4 for sale and how much?
Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by JohnnyBling(m): 7:28am On May 11, 2017
That first car pic no follow oh
Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by ElPadrino33: 7:28am On May 11, 2017
Make Buhari use picanto as official car first !

3 Likes

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by olaolulazio(m): 7:28am On May 11, 2017
Okay
Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by Highvotage: 7:31am On May 11, 2017
Your pocket may justify your car.

1 Like

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by Juell(m): 7:31am On May 11, 2017
The demerits can be overlooked
Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by Mustay(m): 7:33am On May 11, 2017
Juell:
The demerits can be overlooked

Not when floods, mud and erosion are commonplace around some Nigerian States.

3 Likes

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by maxiuc(m): 7:37am On May 11, 2017
Me na high heel ooo

Tundra truck

Ford F150.

I don't like small things

6 Likes

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by 2shur: 7:44am On May 11, 2017
U mean like those mini dumb ass fuc cars
Like what they got in ibadan
Nisdan micra shiiit.
Compare that to a hummer or thundra or your fav s.u.v

1 Like

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by Teewhy2: 7:45am On May 11, 2017
If you want to drive within town and don't visit highways often a small car is cool for you, but if you either leave at boarder areas or use the highways frequently the big car is for you.

1 Like

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by Nobody: 7:52am On May 11, 2017
TroubleMaker47:
but that picanto you see so is as fast as a rocket. if we were both to go over a speed bump, I in a picanto would take off faster than you in your mid-sized sedan. I have done it several times in my picanto and the feeling was sweet only thing that always annoyed me with that picanto was the fact that if dangote trailer pass you, you go just dey pray make dem no blow you comot for road. Those trailers can like to use person shine.

3 Likes

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by joinnow: 7:57am On May 11, 2017
It also depend on the area you live.
If you stay at Ajah area moat street are flooded during raining season.
It is better u get SUV. I vividly remember 2010 my landlord always park his car in nearby petrol station for like 3months.
I ask him if his car Toyota Camry pencil light has accidents or he has sold it.
He said the last time he try to drive home the car get stuck since then he has been parking it at nearby petrol station.
But if you stay in Abuja or North nowahala you can go for small car cos their road are good and no flooding.

2 Likes

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by Justuceleague2: 8:14am On May 11, 2017
If is not for the biatchhes and hoes

Who needs big car
Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by Exponental(m): 8:23am On May 11, 2017
Choice.... Just mobility or Luxury!!!!
Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by spaggyy(m): 8:24am On May 11, 2017
I still love my sweet fx 35 no matter what

Got speed ....got swag and charisma

7 Likes

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by baconline(m): 8:27am On May 11, 2017
Love my small car any day, with 2 litres I am OK for the day with AC!!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by officialteemi(m): 8:31am On May 11, 2017
MICRA....... all u need
Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by Ugojames(m): 8:32am On May 11, 2017
Golf 3 /4 are really good small cars too, very easy to maintain and pretty sweet handling

1 Like

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by wakes: 8:48am On May 11, 2017
Big man, big ...

1 Like

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by henry007(m): 9:03am On May 11, 2017
spaggyy:
I still love my sweet fx 35 no matter what

Got speed ....got swag and charisma

That's not a small car, that's a mechanic's greatest joy.

I don't love small cars but they're only good for fuel. Their seats are damn too uncomfortable.

I could barely test driver the small car that i got for uber. Nearly everything about driving it irritates me.

1 Like

Re: Small Cars: Advantages And Disadvantages by refreshrate: 9:08am On May 11, 2017
2shur:
U mean like those mini dumb ass fuc cars
Like what they got in ibadan
Nisdan micra shiiit.
Compare that to a hummer or thundra or your fav s.u.v

Ibadan and Nissan micra, 5&6!
Not even sure if it's Ibadan that owns micra or it's micra that owns Ibadan grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

After Using Total 20w50 For 6 Years, Is There Any Effect If I Want To Change To / 9 Facts You Need To Know About Your Car VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) / Breakdown Of Fees Charged By Driving Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.