Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,313 members, 7,829,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly (1486 Views)

Buhari Completes The First Phase Of The 764 Housing Units In Abuja (Photos) / Photos: 2nd Niger Bridge Is 40% Completed. To Be Commissioned In 2022 / Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by realjoker(m): 8:09am On May 11, 2017
The Federal Government says the first phase of Ajaokuta Steel project is completed and will provide 500,000 upstream and downstream employment when it becomes operational.
Isah Onobere, the Sole Administrator of the company who made this known during a media tour to the company, said the first phase of the plant would also provide direct employment for
10,000 technical staff when inaugurated.
He also said the first phase had been completed, adding that it will produce 1.3 million tonnes of liquid steel per annum.
He said that it would cost 400 million dollars to complete the Ajaokuta Steel plant, which had reached 98 per cent completion.
According to him, two billion dollars is needed for infrastructure rehabilitation and operational cost.
He said that government had begun to commit resources toward the maintenance and preservation of the equipment and facilities of the plant recently and called for improved efforts.
According to him also, government is considering the report on various options on the way forward for the completion of the project.
These options he said include outright sales, concessioning and joint venture of Ajaokuta steel.
He, however, denied rumour about the company equipment being obsolete, adding that the company, with 98 per cent completed, could stand test of time, and that all its equipment were functioning appropriately.
The then President, Alhaji Shehu Shagari, laid the foundation of Ajaokuta in 1980 and within four years, it attained about 84 per cent completion.
Ajaokuta Steel Company is located on 24,000 hectares of sprawling green-field landmass built on 800-hectares of land. It is Nigeria’s leading steel company and intended to be the leading supplier of quality steel products in all the major economic sectors, including construction, packaging, wire drawing and nail making industry, among others.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/labour/ajaokuta-steel-company-to-create-500-000-upstream-downstream-employment
Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by DLuciano: 8:13am On May 11, 2017
I never believe all these political statements, only in Naija you will only hear of government achievements but you don't see it nor its corresponding profitability effect on the economy and the lives of the people.
Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by Toluabigr8(m): 8:13am On May 11, 2017
ok
Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by maclatunji: 8:16am On May 11, 2017
I am confident this government will make this critical project work Godwilling.

Haters can whine about importers losing money as a result or claim it is polluting the environment just to feed their hate and envy.

Na their wahala, Nigeria will progress Godwilling.
Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by Nogodye(m): 8:35am On May 11, 2017
Let wait and see...I pray it survive.
Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by sarrki(m): 8:36am On May 11, 2017
I never regrets my support and vote for pmb

God bless pmb

God bless yemi osinbajo

Long live federal republic of Nigeria
Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by Tarnisis(m): 10:06am On May 11, 2017
Good
Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by three: 10:58am On May 11, 2017
Again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by stjudas(m): 11:01am On May 11, 2017
1.3T per year? This people are mad; that's just 3.56kg per day!
Even as a scrap metal dealer, I buy over 2Tonnes of scrap metal everyday.

....Except the OP is high....

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by omanzo02: 11:13am On May 11, 2017
1.3 tonnes = 1300 kilogram yearly, are u serious ? That is about 7 minutes production output for an average steel company. It's a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by Achuwa1(m): 11:18am On May 11, 2017
Believe APC @ ur own detriment.
The source alone proves that I was right in my above statement

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by ephi123(f): 11:34am On May 11, 2017
three:
Again?

grin grin

They complete the first phase every year.

In about a decade's time, we should get to second phase, don't worry.
Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by Aphrygian(m): 11:40am On May 11, 2017
stjudas:

is this article too much for you to read?. The caption was not correct buh the article is correct. I tire for una ooo
Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by Aphrygian(m): 11:41am On May 11, 2017
stjudas:

is this article too much for you to read?. The caption was not correct buh the article is correct. I tire for una ooo
Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by cornelin(m): 12:10pm On May 11, 2017
Hope the recruitment won't be through back door as usual?
Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by goldfish80(m): 12:12pm On May 11, 2017
stjudas:

The numbers are actually 1.3M tonnes annually. My device nearly fell off my hand when I read the caption.
Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by telleyway: 12:21pm On May 11, 2017
omanzo02:
1.3 tonnes = 1300 kilogram yearly, are u serious ? That is about 7 minutes production output for an average steel company. It's a shame.
I think you read but failed to comprehend. If you divide 1.3 million tons by 365 days which is one year, you will have 3561.64384 tones per day. Multiply by 1000, you will have 3561643.84 kg per day.
Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by Blue3k2: 12:38pm On May 11, 2017
Title is wrong. 1.3 million tons per year. Let them complete it and concession it. The president of company says none of 30 year old equipment obsolete thats interesting.

- The Federal Government says the first phase of Ajaokuta Steel project is completed and will provide 500,000 upstream and downstream employment when it becomes operational.

These options he said include outright sales, concessioning and joint venture of Ajaokuta steel.
He, however, denied rumour about the company equipment being obsolete, adding that the company, with 98 per cent completed, could stand test of time, and that all its equipment were functioning appropriately.
Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by AlhajiSpray(m): 12:55pm On May 11, 2017
It's obvious this is a lie!
Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by Jesusloveyou: 1:05pm On May 11, 2017
DLuciano:
I never believe all these political statements, only in Naija you will only hear of government achievements but you don't see it nor its corresponding profitability effect on the economy and the lives of the people.
that is why I am still annoyed with you iPods,
Because of hatred, you will never see the silent achievement of this govt.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by realjoker(m): 5:05pm On May 11, 2017
AlhajiSpray:

It's obvious this is a lie!
but when Obiano fed you with lies of exporting imaginary ugu to Europe even when it is obvious that he is lying you believe him. Cc:Lalasticlala
Re: Ajaokuta: First Phase Completed, To Produce 1.3 million tonnes Of Steel Yearly by asksteve(m): 6:24pm On May 11, 2017
Has Britain finally allowed the completion else na anoda APC propaganda.
Bubu dey go receive treatment for dem house n e wan comot food 4 their mouth, him wan recover so?
Time will tell.

(1) (Reply)

Melaye: I May Be Arrested Soon…question Presidency Over Magu / Biafra Buhaha: Senator Ekweremadu's Silence Raises Reactions. By Nasarawareports / Ogun Assembly Leader Says Remos Are Not Ijebus, Lauds Amosun On Yewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.