Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,894 members, 7,810,436 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant (46787 Views)

How My Mom Ruined My Life / How I Caught My Wife With My Pastor, Husband Tells Court / My Wife's Family Has Ruined My Home And My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by CellTabRepairs: 5:23pm On May 11, 2017
The ultimate decision for your life rests with you - not your neighbours; not your parents; and neither the perceptions of friends nor their hailings or jeers. Not even your enemies. Just analyse your personal conditions, evaluate your "on-the-spot" resources and take it step by step. People fail because they care too much about what one individual around them might say. It doesn't matter!

Click signature, view and get what you need immediately!
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by sircrabo: 5:24pm On May 11, 2017
Its her fault, its not everything pastor says that you take. They re mere mortals like you, they make mistakes too.

Before now, people studied their partners well b4 sying ' I do ' but this generaation is so religious, we only go by what our religious leaders tell us.

A lady wants to get married and she takes 3 names to her pastor to tell her which is the will of God, they tell her to come back in some days time and they pick one for her. Whether she likes him or not, its assumed God has chosen for her.

Years later she begins to see another side of him.

My dear God doesn't choose spouse for people, God hs given man grace to make certain choices I.e who to marry, what to study ... Its same God that created us aall

Bible states, he who finds a wife finds 'A' good thing and obtains favor from God. It didn't state ; he who finds 'HIS' wife , that means there's no man/woman specially made for you. You are to find one you can tolerate

Next time you look before you leap

1 Like

Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by ilems(m): 5:30pm On May 11, 2017
Civil servant, I call this 'story for the God's'. When it it smooth did you pay your tithes to the pastor?

When the event started were we informed?
Chop alone die alone. Sikena
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by AfroSamurai: 5:33pm On May 11, 2017
safarigirl:
you are not expected to understand, you haven't yet gotten to that level. Whatever you say affects someone's idea, because it is not robots that are online. It is human beings, and if they have a common idea, they must have common experiences. I have met men who are no different from these internet guys.

And using the term 'hate' is extreme, you need to learn how to make proper use of words, you are not making me have a better perspective of Nigerian men. Everyone is an ambassador in some way, it is regretful that you remain unaware of the power of the internet
First and foremost, if you want to have a better perspective of nigerian men, use your father, brothers, male cousins as a yardstick to better your perspective of nigerian men, not faceless men. This was why I said you, like many nigerian women, have misplaced priorities.

I believe you're the one who hasn't gotten to the level you speak of. Whatever anyone say only affect shallow minded, lazy individuals, that is, the ones who are mentally lazy to check and know if what they're told have substance. Then again I ask you, why should you let the words of a faceless individual affect you?

You see, the internet pave way you women like you to vent their shortcomings on men. Thus, they generalise greatly.

Hate, is a word, if you see it as extreme, it's your cup of tea, not mine. So why should I bother my pretty head about your feeble thoughts, after all, it's my comment, is it not? tongue
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 11, 2017
AfroSamurai:
What's stopping you from marrying 50 at the same time?

Why engage in hasty generalisation just to drive home your feeble hatred for nigerian men?

painmentation...
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 11, 2017
robosky02:
issorite undecided

but the truth is after adams case God himself does not GIVE husband or wife

you only provides and allows you to make the CHOICE
God bless you for this. I usually tell people that God doesn't give husband/wife anymore after Adam blamed Him for giving him Eve. He gives you total freedom to make your choice cos he's after your happiness, He only blesses what you bring to Him. so all these hollier than thou weh de say de de wait for God or my pastor say this or that na wash
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 11, 2017
nkemdi89:
Just like my pastor told me that God revealed to him that his brother in law was my husband, he arranged a date and I politely refused, after all God doesn't pick any partner again after eve committed and Adam blamed God that he was the one that chooses her for him.
eh eh so this kind church dey exist for real life,thought was only in Nollywood movie
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by AfroSamurai: 5:42pm On May 11, 2017
MykOnyxo:

painmentation...
If there's ever such such word, I'm sure it will best suit you.

Thank you.
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 11, 2017
AfroSamurai:
If there's ever such such word, I'm sure it will best suit you.

Thank you.

You are welcome sir
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by Dlionsheart: 5:47pm On May 11, 2017
So what exactly do you want from nairalanders??
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by Dlionsheart: 5:52pm On May 11, 2017
But wait oo, how did your pastor come in here or ruined your marriage??
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 11, 2017
This woman is foolish sha
Educated illiterate undecided
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by olumideinfo: 6:46pm On May 11, 2017
Parkwell,u get boyfriend before pastor introduce to the guy? Who kno whether the Pastor dey try help ur destiny as u don dey old and nobody dey come 4u and Pastor don pray tire over ur matter. Thats how u used to do!
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by efficiencie(m): 6:48pm On May 11, 2017
una wey dey blame the pastor una do English comprehension for secondary school at all? According to the lady “But my pastor said that three months was too long to think about it. He then gave me only two weeks to pray over it which I did; after which I told my pastor that I agreed,” she said.

The pastor only needed her to make her decision on time and not keep the man waiting...the foolish lady was not forced by the pastor she made a decision without hearing from God! Now she is blaming the pastor. if the pastor had deterred the marriage numskulls like her would have lamented that the pastor is blocking potential suitors from wooing her.
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by salt1: 6:51pm On May 11, 2017
sunnychindo93:

God bless you for this. I usually tell people that God doesn't give husband/wife anymore after Adam blamed Him for giving him Eve. He gives you total freedom to make your choice cos he's after your happiness, He only blesses what you bring to Him. so all these hollier than thou weh de say de de wait for God or my pastor say this or that na wash

How do you interpret this
"Proverbs: 19. 14. House and riches are the inheritance of fathers and a prudent wife is from the LORD."

If a prudent wife is*from* the LORD, don't you think that, like every other thing about our lives, we consult Him (not any pastor) on choice of marriage partner.
I did and we are happy together
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by lovethchioma(f): 6:52pm On May 11, 2017
Kingsolex1:

chioma no allow anybody deceive u.

#blue waves
Lol ... uncle the way you call that name ehn. you know me ni?
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by nkemdi89(f): 7:50pm On May 11, 2017
luminouz:

U funny die! Y did u refuse dou? D guy is ugly or unemployed??
Both but that wasn't the issue, not just into that vision thing from pastors.
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by luminouz(m): 7:52pm On May 11, 2017
nkemdi89:

Both but that wasn't the issue, not just into that vision thing from pastors.
Lmaoooo! I get u! *winks*
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by brojoshua: 8:07pm On May 11, 2017
Many people are like Adam who was complaining that Satan destroyed his life. But he had himself to blame for he loved and chose lie and believed in a liar followed a liar and obeyed a liar but hated truth and the God of truth. He did that because he himself was evil. Many people are evil and have itching ears and devilish hearts and therefore followed false prophets who deceived and lured them by their evil desires but they came out later and say their lives have been destroyed. But, the devil doesn't not come but to steal, to kill and to destroy. And so Satan has also appointed the false prophets to destroy as many as they can destroy by capturing them by their evil desires and lust of their eyes. He who has true faith in God and also follows and makes friend with true ministers of Christ and true and faithful christains shall be blessed. He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companions of fools will be destroyed. If one faith in Christ is not genuine or true and then follows a false prophets who call themselves prophets of Christ, what does he expect.
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by Bahddo(m): 8:29pm On May 11, 2017

“But my pastor said that three months was too long to think about it. He then gave me only two weeks to pray over it which I did; after which I told my pastor that I agreed,” she said.
You told your pastor that you agreed, and now it's his fault? I hate it when people cannot take responsibility for their own decisions.

Always looking for someone to blame like you are mentally retarded and as such can't think for yourself.
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by alanspeco(m): 8:37pm On May 11, 2017
when your pastor gave u gud advice and it worked for you, no body hear am. now tins no gud u dey mention pastor.
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by AlphaT1(m): 8:43pm On May 11, 2017
pocohantas:
The pastor didn't ruin her, she ruined herself. He was only a good salesman...lots of pastors have that gift.

How can a grown up woman be this foolish, all because of Mrs title.

The way the value of Nigerian men is falling, person fit marry 12 at the same time to have a perfect husband grin.
You are as ignorant as you sound! There is no such thing like perfect husband or wife...marriage is an "empty basket" that you (couple) can only take out what you put into it.
A woman who puts into this basket stuff like my husband is wicked, he doesn't love me, he is useless, I can't forgive him; over my dead body, I can't cook for him coz he has offended me etc...would definitely reap the fruits of what she has sown. The same thing goes for the man.
Marriage is a union, it is a work in progress, forget about "self" and embrace "we", the couple must learn to support each other overcome their weaknesses; for instance my wife has anger as her weakness and we have been working on it 2geda. I don't take anything she says in anger too hard on me and I don't react to it harshly. I have been teaching her how to control herself when angry and she is doing pretty good.
I don't know how to give compliment on make up, new hair style, dressing, etc. and I don't knw hw to say 'I luv you' as often as she would prefer but she has been teaching me and gradually I am becoming much better at it.
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by holluphemydavid(m): 8:44pm On May 11, 2017
D way some pastor match make I dnt understand
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by meetrubia: 9:24pm On May 11, 2017
This is pure match making and it doesn't work many a times
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 11, 2017
pocohantas:

LOL!
We need all the help, but e never bad reach like that na. cheesy
There are still good men out there you know...
Waiting to find u.
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by Nobody: 1:33am On May 12, 2017
lovethchioma:
Lol ... uncle the way you call that name ehn. you know me ni?

Lols not so, u are like a sister to me.. Oo Nne
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by lovethchioma(f): 9:35am On May 12, 2017
Kingsolex1:

Lols not so, u are like a sister to me.. Oo Nne
Okay
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by upuphim(m): 9:36am On May 12, 2017
Accepting a marriage proposals my dear sisters, be convinced yourself that the man is good for you. Don't rely on other people's (pastor's) recommendation. For they will not suffer anything negative in marriage with you.
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by Ritajovy(f): 10:22am On May 12, 2017
Hmmm
Even the bible says test all spirits.
That's why every Christian needs the Holy spirit. To be able to discern, you need a master discerner in you. John 16:13 says "Howbeit he when the spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into ALL TRUTH......" All truth does it include the man to marry??
The thing to do is engage the Holy spirit. Are you born again? Is your husband born again? That's the basis. If this is not right or in place, then you are bound to miss it already; with or without your pastor's help.
Know God for yourself.
Re: How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant by LeanonGOD(m): 1:20pm On May 12, 2017
What type of judge is this ?...........they should go home and resolve it; the marriage should have been dissolved immediately.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Living Abroad Caught Wife In Hotel After She Claimed Going To Work / Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? / Man Buys A New Car For His Mother, Says 'It Has Been My Dream'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.