Stats: 3,152,940 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification (2073 Views)

MTN Finally Allow Data Rollover As Instructed By NCC / NCC Moves To Protect Subscribers With Directive On Data Rollover / My Phone Has Refused To Switch On Without Prior Notice (2) (3) (4)

Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by fibonacci2526: 9:42am On May 11, 2017
MTN are at it again with their drama.

So i am the victim of one of their latest scam. I have over 26gb that is due to expire in July but i resubscribed yesterday for the 3.5GB so the data volume could be accumulated. I checked my data balance and i was shocked to see two data balances, the new 3.5GB and the old 26GB.

I chatted their cc on twitter, the guy then said since last month they have stopped data rollover. I asked him what happened to giving your customer a prior warning to that effect before it was even implemented? He towed the line of " sorry for the inconvenience" blahblahblah".

The worst part of the shenanigan was that whenever am using data services, am being charged from the old account that is due to expire in July while the new one still remains untouched as i won't be able to use the new data until i exhaust the old bundle.

This is just day light robbery and i really hope these people would stop ripping us off.
Re: Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by xynerise: 9:47am On May 11, 2017
I noticed mine too. My old data will expire in June and the new data will expire this month. I have more old data than the new one. Now I am forced to exhaust the old one before the new one expires.
Re: Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by fibonacci2526: 10:03am On May 11, 2017
xynerise:
I noticed mine too. My old data will expire in June and the new data will expire this month. I have more old data than the new one. Now I am forced to exhaust the old one before the new one expires.

it's so annoying. There is no way i can exhaust the 26gb before the 3.5gb expires.

So invariably they have stolen 2k from me.
Re: Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by xynerise: 10:18am On May 11, 2017
fibonacci2526:

it's so annoying. There is no way i can exhaust the 26gb before the 3.5gb expires.

So invariably they have stolen 2k from me.
Pele
Re: Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by rookidmart: 10:28am On May 11, 2017
cc JideSM
Re: Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by Nobody: 11:41am On May 11, 2017
rookidmart:
cc JideSM
forget it
He won't solve the problem

The biggest problem with mtn is stopping something without notification.
Its just so annoying.

I normally subscribe for 6months data ahead so I won't have to worry about data all the time. Mtn stopped that without any notification, they suddenly reduced my data expiration date from 8 months to 3 months, imagine the fuckery. I contacted the guy you quoted, and he was saying the usual sorry mumbo jumbo their customer care agents always say, that data now has 3months maximum expiration date.

I'm really tired of all nigerian isp, Seriously. Non of them is reliable.

The digusting practise of baiting customers really has to stop. If only we had someone with brain handling ncc and not terrorist.

Mtchew

Re: Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by fibonacci2526: 12:41pm On May 11, 2017
MetaHuman:
forget it
He won't solve the problem

The biggest problem with mtn is stopping something without notification.
Its just so annoying.

I normally subscribe for 6months data ahead so I won't have to worry about data all the time. Mtn stopped that without any notification, they suddenly reduced my data expiration date from 8 months to 3 months, imagine the fuckery. I contacted the guy you quoted, and he was saying the usual sorry mumbo jumbo their customer care agents always say, that data now has 3months maximum expiration date.

I'm really tired of all nigerian isp, Seriously. Non of them is reliable.

The digusting practise of baiting customers really has to stop. If only we had someone with brain handling ncc and not terrorist.

Mtchew

This is too bad.

Re: Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by timbros(m): 2:41pm On May 11, 2017
@fibonacci2526

Thank you for this thread.

I just checked my data balance and found out the same thing. And I just did the 3.5gb subscription yesterday too!

This is daylight robbery! I called their cc and she came with the "Sorry for the inconvenience" blah blah blah....I told her point blank that they will refund me the 2k I did yesterday because I cannot finish my accumulated data before using this 3.5gb that will expire in June 9th.

I wonder why MTN can't notify customers of a major change like this while they are busy sending irrelevant and irritating SMS here and there..

I am going to spam their handles in all social media sites/apps right away. What nonsense!
Re: Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by fibonacci2526: 4:20pm On May 11, 2017
timbros:
@fibonacci2526

Thank you for this thread.

I just checked my data balance and found out the same thing. And I just did the 3.5gb subscription yesterday too!

This is daylight robbery! I called their cc and she came with the "Sorry for the inconvenience" blah blah blah....I told her point blank that they will refund me the 2k I did yesterday because I cannot finish my accumulated data before using this 3.5gb that will expire in June 9th.

I wonder why MTN can't notify customers of a major change like this while they are busy sending irrelevant and irritating SMS here and there..

I am going to spam their handles in all social media sites/apps right away. What nonsense!

Disturb them until you get a refund, just got refunded few minutes ago. Thieves.

Re: Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by timbros(m): 4:26pm On May 11, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Disturb them until you get a refund, just got refunded few minutes ago. Thieves.

I'm on it!
Re: Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by Seamareggae(m): 4:32pm On May 11, 2017
Thanks for this thread... Lemme just kuku exhaust my data b4 re subbing be dat...
Re: Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by fibonacci2526: 4:35pm On May 11, 2017
Seamareggae:
Thanks for this thread... Lemme just kuku exhaust my data b4 re subbing be dat...

My brother na the way forward be that, MTN just do as they like without heads-up.
Re: Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by Seamareggae(m): 4:51pm On May 11, 2017
fibonacci2526:

My brother na the way forward be that, MTN just do as they like without heads-up.
Thank you jare
Re: Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by Jeffy1206(m): 2:12am On May 12, 2017
fibonacci2526:
MTN are at it again with their drama.

So i am the victim of one of their latest scam. I have over 26gb that is due to expire in July but i resubscribed yesterday for the 3.5GB so the data volume could be accumulated. I checked my data balance and i was shocked to see two data balances, the new 3.5GB and the old 26GB.

I chatted their cc on twitter, the guy then said since last month they have stopped data rollover. I asked him what happened to giving your customer a prior warning to that effect before it was even implemented? He towed the line of " sorry for the inconvenience" blahblahblah".

The worst part of the shenanigan was that whenever am using data services, am being charged from the old account that is due to expire in July while the new one still remains untouched as i won't be able to use the new data until i exhaust the old bundle.

This is just day light robbery and i really hope these people would stop ripping us off.
mine that the data is small and due to expire within hours, they were charging from my new subscription undecided angry all this kind thiefry sef
Re: Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by timbros(m): 4:37pm On May 12, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Did they really refund you? How did you go about it because I have been disturbing them since yesterday and all the cc agents I talked to categorically told me that MTN don't do refunds. And I've talked to not less than 10 cc agents.
Re: Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by fibonacci2526: 7:08pm On May 12, 2017
timbros:

Did they really refund you? How did you go about it because I have been disturbing them since yesterday and all the cc agents I talked to categorically told me that MTN don't do refunds. And I've talked to not less than 10 cc agents.

Barraged them with calls,chatted them online,WhatsApp and Twitter too. Was given a ticket number and some few minutes later I saw a vtu of #2000.
Re: Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by timbros(m): 10:14pm On May 12, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Barraged them with calls,chatted them online,WhatsApp and Twitter too. Was given a ticket number and some few minutes later I saw a vtu of #2000.

What's their WhatsApp number?
Re: Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by fibonacci2526: 9:51pm On May 21, 2019
Israellionel; o8o38003851.
Re: Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification by Israellionel: 9:56pm On May 21, 2019
fibonacci2526:
Israellionel; o8o38003851.
Sorry Ma'am The Message Wasn't For You Tho! But Nevertheless I'll Save It. You Never Know cheesy

Google Rolls Out Android 8.1 See Whats New / Checkout Hogwash S3; An Iphone X Clone Running Latest Android 8 OS / What Is The Price Of Iphone 7 Today?