Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Iphone Face ID Fooled Again As 10-year Old Son Unlocks His Mother's Iphone X - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone Face ID Fooled Again As 10-year Old Son Unlocks His Mother's Iphone X (2180 Views)

10-Year-Old Italian Girl Accidentally Kills Herself By Trying Tiktok Challenge / How TECNO Fooled Their Fans On April Fool's Day, Fans Reacts / Identical Twins Who Fooled The Iphone X Face ID (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone Face ID Fooled Again As 10-year Old Son Unlocks His Mother's Iphone X by Reediano(m): 10:15am On Nov 18, 2017

Since Apple unveiled the iPhone X, a lot of apple lovers and critics have been questioning the new Face ID which replaces the Fingerprint Scanner (FPS). While some worry about the convenience, many others worry about the reliability, most especially the security aspect.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-FJnU7OASjv4/Wg_zpFP_a5I/AAAAAAAARpI/heHicCAjviwacBMJ0UKhnKgkQsXfhnpwgCLcBGAs/s1600/yomitech.com_iphonex-Face-ID-Fail.jpg[/img]
Although Apple has tried many times to reassure it's customers that the new Face ID is even way more secured that the FPS but recent news making rounds online actually says otherwise. About a week ago, a security firm claimed to have successfully fooled and bypass IPhone's new Face ID using a $150 mask.

Another video that was just recently uploaded online shows an iPhone X owner having her son unlock her phone with his own face as the Face ID AI was unable to differentiate between the mother and son's face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUMH6DVYskc
In Apple's defence, Apple claims that the probability of a random person being able to unlock your iPhone X using Face ID is approximately one in a million, versus 1 in 50,000 for Touch ID, but warns that the probability of a "false match" is higher for "twins and siblings that look like you as well as among children under the age of 13, "because their distinct facial features may not have fully developed."

Rumour already has it that all three 2018 iPhone models will feature Face ID as will next year's Apple iPad Plus models. I guess Apple will have to work more on the accuracy of the Face ID or you will have to live with your look alike siblings and kids unlocking your phone without your permission.

http://www.yomitech.com/2017/11/apple-iphone-face-id-fooled-again.html
Re: Iphone Face ID Fooled Again As 10-year Old Son Unlocks His Mother's Iphone X by Decale: 11:34am On Nov 18, 2017
The Face ID was set up in the night with little light. The boy was able to unlock it cos of the fewer details gotten.

The mother had to set it up in good amount of light and the son couldn't unlock it any longer. Apple clearly stated customers to set up Face id for the first time in broad daylight

This isn't news

1 Like

Re: Iphone Face ID Fooled Again As 10-year Old Son Unlocks His Mother's Iphone X by CASTOSVILLA(m): 11:55am On Nov 18, 2017
Decale:
The Face ID was set up in the night with little night. The boy was able to unlock it cos of the fewer details gotten.

The mother had to set it up in good amount of light and the son couldn't unlock it any longer. Apple clearly stated customers to set up Face id for the first time in broad daylight

This isn't news
Iphone defender. Comot for here joor

5 Likes

Re: Iphone Face ID Fooled Again As 10-year Old Son Unlocks His Mother's Iphone X by Reediano(m): 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2017
CASTOSVILLA:
Iphone defender. Comot for here joor

Hahaha grin grin cheesy
Re: Iphone Face ID Fooled Again As 10-year Old Son Unlocks His Mother's Iphone X by Rick9(m): 9:58pm On Nov 18, 2017
Fingerprint and Iris scanner is more secure
Re: Iphone Face ID Fooled Again As 10-year Old Son Unlocks His Mother's Iphone X by Reediano(m): 9:40am On Nov 19, 2017
Rick9:
Fingerprint and Iris scanner is more secure

Sure..

1 Like

Re: Iphone Face ID Fooled Again As 10-year Old Son Unlocks His Mother's Iphone X by peeps4u: 1:32pm On Nov 19, 2017
All I see is a cute boy with his beautiful mummy
Re: Iphone Face ID Fooled Again As 10-year Old Son Unlocks His Mother's Iphone X by Ejaculate: 1:55pm On Nov 19, 2017
nobody should mind dem above saying finger prints and eye scanners.
see. In my case, When ever I finish doing my mechanic job my finger prints always change totally so would not unlock the electronic. same with whenever I smoke Kpoli my eyes does not unlock d shit.

iPhone can adopt private part identification, it is the best as in you show your dick or vagina then it allows you to unlock it that way no one is can unlock it for you!

1 Like

Re: Iphone Face ID Fooled Again As 10-year Old Son Unlocks His Mother's Iphone X by Reediano(m): 6:39am On Nov 20, 2017
Ejaculate:
nobody should mind dem above saying finger prints and eye scanners.
see. In my case, When ever I finish doing my mechanic job my finger prints always change totally so would not unlock the electronic. same with whenever I smoke Kpoli my eyes does not unlock d shit.

iPhone can adopt private part identification, it is the best as in you show your dick or vagina then it allows you to unlock it that way no one is can unlock it for you!

Chai....

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Extreme Slow Motion: Huawei Mate 30 Pro / In Need Of A Fairly Used Tecno Pourvoir 3+ Or Infinix Note 5 / Xperia Z2,LG G3, Iphone 5s Or Samsung Galaxy 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.