Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again (30780 Views)

Don't Eat Junk Food During This Weekend / 10 Dangerous Bedtime Habits That You Should Always Avoid / 6 Reasons Why You Should Never Eat Junk Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Nobody: 10:24am On May 11, 2017
please can someone gv an example of junk food Cuz I don't know any
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Nobody: 10:25am On May 11, 2017
only the rich eat that kind food for this recession, da hell will i eat one burger for N600, when Maman Zainab can give me correct danwake with cabbage, egg & bama plus 50 cl sobo for just N200, or rice & beans with salad, half a fish & 50 cl of kunun ayah for N250,

bottom line is only PEOple who get flenty money eat junk food.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by supereagle(m): 10:28am On May 11, 2017
Please help me out with common examples :
Noddles
Pasters
Fast food
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by safarigirl(f): 10:28am On May 11, 2017
Pavore9:

E no dey kill African man but how come our life expectancy is low?
that has nothing to do with junk food. Junk food is pretty expensive in this part of the world if most of you don't realize.

Carrots and vegetables cost wayyy cheaper than donuts and ice cream, so how can junk food kill you when you can't even afford it?

Pollution, corruption, stress, those are some of the things that kill African men apart from extra judicial killings and juju....

More people have high blood pressure in these parts than diabetes or cancer

4 Likes

Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by PMWSpirit(m): 10:29am On May 11, 2017
Ok
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:30am On May 11, 2017
Whenever I eat instant noodles, I notice a change in the colour of my urine. I think it's caused by the excess sodium, which in turn dehydrates.
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by RealHaute: 10:31am On May 11, 2017
OMG! Pocohantas ...are we gonna be eating only bananas now? shocked
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Pavore9: 10:32am On May 11, 2017
safarigirl:
that has nothing to do with junk food. Junk food is pretty expensive in this part of the world if most of you don't realize.

Carrots and vegetables cost wayyy cheaper than donuts and ice cream, so how can junk food kill you when you can't even afford it?

Pollution, corruption, stress, those are some of the things that kill African men apart from extra judicial killings and juju....

More people have high blood pressure in these parts than diabetes or cancer

I quoted the guy who posted "dirty no dey kill African man" not in reference to the junk food the OP posted.
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by chelsea1116(m): 10:32am On May 11, 2017
no one is promised of tmoro...healthy ppl slp and die frm dia slp..
die frm accident..
die frm unplanned events..I kn a man who is 94 and strong..he smoked and drank for 80yrs of his life..my point is..no mata wot u eat..it dosnt guarantee u a place for tmoro..only God can do dt..live to lov ur neighbors. .help d poor..avoid sin and ask for forgiveness anytm u cldnt avoid sin..
d only healthy live is a life dt suits God so u wil make heaven wen u die... ryt nw I m goin to d kitchen to cook my indomie.
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Horlahmah(m): 10:32am On May 11, 2017
I have never ate junk food. Where can i buy it...
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by supereagle(m): 10:33am On May 11, 2017
siraj1402:
This might interest you as well.
10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles

1. Nutrient Absorption : Noodles inhibit the absorption of nutrients for the children under 5.
2. Cancer : The ingredient in the instant noodles called “Styrofoam’, is a cancer causing agent.
3. Miscarriage : Women who are Eating instant noodles during their pregnancy causes miscarriage, because it affect the development of a foetus.
4. Junk Food : instant noodles are enriched with full of carbohydrates,but no vitamins, fiber and minerals. This makes the instant noodles considered as a junk food.
5. Sodium : Instant noodles are power packed with high amounts of sodium. Excess consumption of sodium leads to heart disease, stroke, hypertension and kidney damage.
6. MSG : Monosodium Glutamate is used to enhance the flavour of instant noodles. People who are allergic to MSG consume it as part of their diet, then they end up suffering from headaches, facial flushing, pain, burning sensations.
7. Overweight : Eating Noodles is the leading cause of obesity. Noodles contains fat and large amounts of sodium, which causes water retention in the body and surely it leads to overweight, and obesity leads to heart problems.
8. Digestion : Instant noodles are bad for digestive system. Regular consumption of instant noodles causes irregular bowl movements and bloating.
9. Propylene Glycol : The ingredient in the instant noodles called “Propylene Glycol” which has a anti-freeze property. This ingredient is used because it prevents the noodles from drying by retaining moisture. It weakens the immune system of our body. It is easily absorbed by the body and it accumulates in the kidneys, heart and liver. It causes abnormalities and damage to those areas.
10. Metabolism : Regular consumption of instant noodles affect the body’s metabolism, because of the chemical substances like additives, coloring and preservatives inside the noodles.

Informative. Thanks.
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by GoldCircle: 10:35am On May 11, 2017
siraj1402:

1. Nutrient Absorption : Noodles inhibit the absorption of nutrients for the children under 5.
2. Cancer : The ingredient in the instant noodles called “Styrofoam’, is a cancer causing agent.
3. Miscarriage : Women who are Eating instant noodles during their pregnancy causes miscarriage, because it affect the development of a foetus.
4. Junk Food : instant noodles are enriched with full of carbohydrates,but no vitamins, fiber and minerals. This makes the instant noodles considered as a junk food.
5. Sodium : Instant noodles are power packed with high amounts of sodium. Excess consumption of sodium leads to heart disease, stroke, hypertension and kidney damage.
6. MSG : Monosodium Glutamate is used to enhance the flavour of instant noodles. People who are allergic to MSG consume it as part of their diet, then they end up suffering from headaches, facial flushing, pain, burning sensations.
7. Overweight : Eating Noodles is the leading cause of obesity. Noodles contains fat and large amounts of sodium, which causes water retention in the body and surely it leads to overweight, and obesity leads to heart problems.
8. Digestion : Instant noodles are bad for digestive system. Regular consumption of instant noodles causes irregular bowl movements and bloating.
9. Propylene Glycol : The ingredient in the instant noodles called “Propylene Glycol” which has a anti-freeze property. This ingredient is used because it prevents the noodles from drying by retaining moisture. It weakens the immune system of our body. It is easily absorbed by the body and it accumulates in the kidneys, heart and liver. It causes abnormalities and damage to those areas.
10. Metabolism : Regular consumption of instant noodles affect the body’s metabolism, because of the chemical substances like additives, coloring and preservatives inside the noodles.

God bless you for this. I was just going to add this when I stumbled on your post. Instant noodles is killing this generation. I say this at every opportunity. And you will be alarmed at the high levels of MSG contained in the ones produced in this part of the globe. If Coca cola and other soft drinks (having international affiliations) can have dangerously high levels of Benzoate, then imagine instant noodles. I particularly try to stay of 'meals on the go'.
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Langbasa: 10:36am On May 11, 2017
Smoke better ganja like 4 wraps,enter market and buy fresh okro,fresh veggies,fresh pepper,onions,crayfish(thunder fire maggi),palm oil,stockfish,iced mackerel and salt to taste then go home,prepare it and serve urself with a big bowel of hottttt eba,thank me later.
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by sirusX(m): 10:39am On May 11, 2017
Skubidude:
There you have it ladies and guys.

Bottomline: Stay away from junk food. Y? because they are just what they are- Junk, reason why they are caled junk food in the first place. Lets return to the good old adamic days where everything was just natural.

You sef reason am nah.

Cc: dominique, lalasticlala
When my babe sees your post after I promised her a special treat cheesy grin

Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Skubidude(m): 10:40am On May 11, 2017
TINALETC3:
cry hey God cry, dose ar d tins I live on cry

tongue You are Dead grin grin

But jokes apart, u c as u fine reach so wink n as ur body dey fresh n shine like dis so wink just they eat plenty fiber and well cooked grains and vegetables. And also make sure your salad are always fresh and free from can stuff like corn beef and their likes and you will be okay.
Chai fine ghe, God do overtime for ur body o wink
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Cusan: 10:40am On May 11, 2017
But why the picture of indomie? Or is it among the junk foods.
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Mimienudles(f): 10:41am On May 11, 2017
siraj1402:

This message is directed to me...
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by MostBanned: 10:42am On May 11, 2017
Junk food or not...... Na one thing go kill person undecided
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Kebreal92(m): 10:43am On May 11, 2017
TINALETC3:
not good 4 ur health
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Skubidude(m): 10:43am On May 11, 2017
Cusan:
But why the picture of indomie? Or is it among the junk foods.

Yes nah, so u no no b4 Well now you know, Indomie na heavy junk food for ur info.
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by AuroraB(f): 10:44am On May 11, 2017
sad
Did I see Pringles there sad grin
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Skubidude(m): 10:46am On May 11, 2017
sirusX:

When my babe sees your post after I promised her a special treat cheesy grin

Bombshell grin grin
Tactful dodger
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by gbegemaster(m): 10:48am On May 11, 2017
Pavore9:

E no dey kill African man but how come our life expectancy is low?
stress

1 Like

Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Skubidude(m): 10:50am On May 11, 2017
MostBanned:
Junk food or not...... Na one thing go kill person undecided

cheesy grin Sure, one thing must kill a man, according to my very resilient igbo brothers lipsrsealed
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by safarigirl(f): 10:50am On May 11, 2017
Pavore9:

I quoted the guy who posted "dirty no dey kill African man" not in reference to the junk food the OP posted.
na stress dey kill African man pass, no be dirty
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by deolu2000(m): 10:51am On May 11, 2017
hmmmmmmmmmm. abeg who has junks so that i can eat and check if this write up is true or not.
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by saintruky(m): 10:51am On May 11, 2017
Skubidude:

Eat healthy foods that's wat we're saying.
Pls prescribe wat u classify as healthy food. give me ur timetable cos I like add weight. no be joke o
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Skubidude(m): 10:54am On May 11, 2017
chelsea1116:
no one is promised of tmoro...healthy ppl slp and die frm dia slp..
die frm accident..
die frm unplanned events..I kn a man who is 94 and strong..he smoked and drank for 80yrs of his life..my point is..no mata wot u eat..it dosnt guarantee u a place for tmoro..only God can do dt..live to lov ur neighbors. .help d poor..avoid sin and ask for forgiveness anytm u cldnt avoid sin..
d only healthy live is a life dt suits God so u wil make heaven wen u die... ryt nw I m goin to d kitchen to cook my indomie.

Lol.. Wat a consolation smiley
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Nobody: 10:56am On May 11, 2017
Almost everything we eat these days is tainted in Junk, even fruits and vegetables are genetically tampered with, besides healthy food cost alot to prepare.

its cheaper to buy burger, meat pie noodles, that to prepare a healthy pot of vegetable soup.

Get used to it fast food has come to stay, its proliferation has made caused the loss of basic home economics and culinary skills in the girls of today.
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by yahmaid04(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2017
TINALETC3:
Once in a while will do with lots of fruits
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by BerryAnny(m): 10:58am On May 11, 2017
Skubidude:

You can say that again blessed one.
Asslicker!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Left Ear Has Been Blocked For 4 Days Now... Help!!! / At 29, She's Still Bed Wetting Please Help Her!!!!! / Godwin Julius Dies During COVID-19 Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.