Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again (30782 Views)

Don't Eat Junk Food During This Weekend / 10 Dangerous Bedtime Habits That You Should Always Avoid / 6 Reasons Why You Should Never Eat Junk Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Skubidude(m): 10:59am On May 11, 2017
branham890:
please can someone gv an example of junk food
Cuz I don't know any

Look at the pics u will have an idea.
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Skubidude(m): 11:00am On May 11, 2017
BerryAnny:

Asslicker!!!

Maka why?
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by 2016v2017: 11:05am On May 11, 2017
Skubidude:
I saw this health related article on my twitter page and feel the urge to paste it here for the benefits of all.

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44

10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again

Junk foods are easily accessible, some of them are even cheap but the number of harm they do to the body is infinite. There is nothing as good as well cooked home made foods and fruits. Fruits are very essential to the body. Most junk are enriched in sugar which probably make you want to eat more but before you buy the next one, read this very well.

Risk of cancer

Lack of fibre is the main reason why junk food consumption is linked to an increased risk of cancers of the digestive system. A study published in European Journal of Cancer Prevention revealed that consuming too much of fast food that are high in sugar and fat can increase your chances of developing colorectal cancer. Another study from the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle showed that men who ate fried foods more than twice in a month had increased risk of developing prostate cancer.

Risk of type 2 diabetes

One of major contributing factors for the emerging diabetes epidemic is unhealthy diet full of junk and fast food. When you eat a healthy diet, your body gets a steady supply of glucose, which helps maintain insulin sensitivity. On the other hand, when you eat only junk food, the excessive stress exerted on your metabolism affects the ability of your body to use insulin properly. Since junk food lacks fibre content, its consumption directly results in a spike in sugar levels. Further, junk food consumption leads to obesity, one of the main reasons for insulin resistance and development of diabetes.

Risk of digestive problems

Those who are addicted to fatty junk food are bound to suffer from digestive problems like gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). That’s because junk food is deep fried. The oil soaked in junk food gets deposited on the walls of the stomach lining, increases acid production. Spices loaded in them irritate the stomach lining, worsening GERD and digestion. Lack of fibre in them hampers digestion, increasing problems like constipation and haemorrhoids. Try this yoga pose to improve digestion.

Risk of kidney disease

The reason why you can never say no to fries and chips is because they contain high amount of finely processed salt which increases salivation and secretion of enzymes that enhance your cravings for these foods. High amount of bad fats and sodium from salt disrupts the sodium-potassium balance of the body and causes hypertension. Since the kidney have to filter all the toxins from the blood, eating a lot of junk food has a direct effect on the kidney functioning.

Risk of heart disease

Junk food items are loaded with saturated fats and trans fats that directly increase triglyceride and bad cholesterol (LDL) levels in the blood, contributing to plaque formation and heart disease. Further, causing a sudden spike in blood sugar level increases, junk food damages the linings of the blood vessels causing chronic inflammation. This inflammation causes bad cholesterol to stick to the walls of the arteries, blocking blood flow to the heart. When they’re blocked enough, heart attack occurs. Fats from junk food can accumulate over a period of time in your body to make you obese. The more weight you put on, the higher your risk of suffering from heart attack. Refer to these heart healthy diet tips for people with heart diseases.

Causes fatigue and weakness

Junk food lacks most of essential nutrients like proteins and vitamins required for maintenance of overall health and functioning of all the systems in your body. Although it makes you feel full and satisfied, it fails to provide you with instant energy, making you feel weak and tired after a while. If you eat junk food items for all your meals of the day over a period of time, you could be suffer from chronic fatigue. Junk food can lower your energy levels to an extent that it may become difficult for you to even perform your daily tasks.

Causes depression among teenagers

A lot of hormonal changes occur in teenagers, which makes them susceptible to mood swings and behavioural changes. And a healthy diet plays an important role in maintaining that hormonal balance. Because junk food lack those essential nutrients, the likelihood of teenagers to suffer from depression is increased by 58 percent. Here are some facts you need to know about depression.

Causes fluctuations in blood sugar levels

Junk food is high in refined sugar which exerts stress on your metabolism. Refined sugar causes the pancreas to secrete more amount of insulin in order to prevent a drastic spike in your blood sugar levels. Because junk food lacks sufficient levels of good carbohydrates and proteins, the levels of blood sugar drop suddenly after you eat. This makes you feel irritable and further increases you craving for more junk food.

Affects the Brain

A study published in the journal Brain, Behavior, and Immunity shows that one week of eating junk food is enough to trigger memory impairment in rats. Recent research suggests that bad fats (trans fats) from junk food tends to replace healthy fats in the brain and interferes with its normal signalling mechanism. Studies in animals have also shown that fats from junk food slow down the ability to learn new skills. Try these home remedies to boost your brain power.

Spoils your liver

Surprisingly, junk food consumption over a period of time can have similar harmful effect on the liver as alcohol consumptions does. A study reported that people who ate junk food and shunned exercise showed changes in liver enzymes within four weeks. These changes were similar to those observed in people with alcohol abuse. According to some studies, it’s the high level of trans fats found in a number of junk food which cause liver dysfunction due to deposition in the liver.

Source: https://9jastreet.com/10-dangerous-reasons-never-eat-junk-foods/
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by pocohantas(f): 11:09am On May 11, 2017
RealHaute:
OMG! Pocohantas ...are we gonna be eating only bananas now? shocked
What kinda banana?
Human banana or fruit banana? grin
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by joenor(m): 11:15am On May 11, 2017
Nice article, I hope those that have eye should see and those that can read should digest.
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Skubidude(m): 11:16am On May 11, 2017
saintruky:

Pls prescribe wat u classify as healthy food. give me ur timetable cos I like add weight. no be joke o

Take the advice by Langbasa except the ganja part and you will be fine no kidding.
Also take a fruit after each meal if possible.
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Nobody: 11:18am On May 11, 2017
branham890:
please can someone gv an example of junk food
Cuz I don't know any

See this for example.

Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by piagetskinner(m): 11:19am On May 11, 2017
Hmmm... good one.

that means I have to cut down on my junk eating
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Skubidude(m): 11:22am On May 11, 2017
pocohantas:

What kinda banana?

Gbad gae, well all of the above wink
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Jettage: 11:41am On May 11, 2017
Pavore9:
Ironically, healthy diet is cheaper based on personal experience.

Cheaper? I don't think so. I think it expensive.
Healthy food takes time in preparing and costly
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Vioncy(f): 11:43am On May 11, 2017
Prevention is better than cure
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by saintruky(m): 11:57am On May 11, 2017
Skubidude:

Take the advice by Langbasa except the ganja part and you will be fine no kidding.
Also take a fruit after each meal if possible.

thanks. talking about taking fruits after meal e.g orange. I read on dis platform dat it's not advisable to take fruits after a meal, as it might result in some serious reactions. but it's ideal to take fruits hours b4 having a meal. Wat do u say about dat?
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Unclerukus: 12:21pm On May 11, 2017
Please OP, how come the Asians whose favourite dishes includes Noodles coupled with using high levels of sodium bicarbonate in their food have the highest life expectancy in the world? I am confused.

1 Like

Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Skubidude(m): 12:36pm On May 11, 2017
saintruky:

thanks. talking about taking fruits after meal e.g orange. I read on dis platform dat it's not advisable to take fruits after a meal, as it might result in some serious reactions. but it's ideal to take fruits hours b4 having a meal. Wat do u say about dat?

Well, what i know is fruits aids digestion since it gradually breaks down the food we eat for easy absorption into our bodies and bloodstream. So then i guess the timing shud be after a meal since the process of digestion take place the moment food get into our stomach.

This is my own layman's opinion though, you wud still need to seek for a proffessional advice on the issue. Shalom
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by zoeA: 12:43pm On May 11, 2017
Hope Say Indomie no be junkfood oo!!!
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by RealHaute: 1:00pm On May 11, 2017
pocohantas:

What kinda banana?

Lol...hmm...don't corrupt me Poco. You know I'm a saint nah.
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by demiladegold(f): 1:34pm On May 11, 2017
Oh Lawd cry cry cry cry cry bet why, everything j love is dangerous cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by louis1995: 2:05pm On May 11, 2017
We will all die some day, most of these problems aren't even directly related....so you can never be safe in this life.
Even water can kill you,if taken too much.
Keyword MODERATION and a little exercise from time to time is always good. ✌
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by DrEmekaO(m): 2:11pm On May 11, 2017
As a medical doctor, there are elements of truth in this article even though most of the reports are still at the research level.

Eat healthy meals. Keep away from junks.
This is my order to all who still persists in junk food. Have a nice day!!!

Get informed... Stay Healthy
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 11, 2017
Sirag1402, kukuma kee me sad cry
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by sweetilicious(f): 3:04pm On May 11, 2017
Good food is good
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by saintruky(m): 3:44pm On May 11, 2017
Skubidude:

Well, what i know is fruits aids digestion since it gradually breaks down the food we eat for easy absorption into our bodies and bloodstream. So then i guess the timing shud be after a meal since the process of digestion take place the moment food get into our stomach.

This is my own layman's opinion though, you wud still need to seek for a proffessional advice on the issue. Shalom
thanks for ur time, I appreciate
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by saintruky(m): 3:46pm On May 11, 2017
Langbasa:
Smoke better ganja like 4 wraps,enter market and buy fresh okro,fresh veggies,fresh pepper,onions,crayfish(thunder fire maggi),palm oil,stockfish,iced mackerel and salt to taste then go home,prepare it and serve urself with a big bowel of hottttt eba,thank me later.
Better thunder fire Maggi lolzzzz
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by icjunior(m): 4:29pm On May 11, 2017
cereal drinks like golden morn,cerelac also junks?
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 11, 2017
TINALETC3:
cry hey God cry, dose ar d tins I live on cry
Dey there dey form ajebutter posh babe at the expense of your health.
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Temysteve(m): 9:00pm On May 11, 2017
Skubidude:
There you have it ladies and guys.
Bottomline: Stay away from junk food. Y? because they are just what they are- Junk, reason why they are caled junk food in the first place. Lets return to the good old adamic days where everything was just natural.
You sef reason am nah.
Cc: dominique, lalasticlala
if everything want to be natural nko?? Na dis garri wey my grand father drink since day old till where dey ar nw, so no shi shi @ll. U may not be finacially capable of taking care of daily need (food especially) but u can suppliment ur junks with confirm ingredient. I.e garri with milk nd phocus. Shey u dey whine me. Finsh am lasan u go sleep like say 2morow no dey
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Temysteve(m): 9:03pm On May 11, 2017
Victornezzar:
Hian What's ur level of education
dnt blame him oo, he may neva xperience it.
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by Skubidude(m): 9:38pm On May 11, 2017
Temysteve:
if everything want to be natural nko?? Na dis garri wey my grand father drink since day old till where dey ar nw, so no shi shi @ll. U may not be finacially capable of taking care of daily need (food especially) but u can suppliment ur junks with confirm ingredient. I.e garri with milk nd phocus. Shey u dey whine me. Finsh am lasan u go sleep like say 2morow no dey

Guy I dey feel u die.
Re: 10 Dangerous Reasons You Should Never Eat Junk Foods Again by creative11(m): 10:12pm On May 11, 2017
That is why i normally go for organic foods just wth what i learned from http://www.dailyfamily.ng/5-reasons-why-you-need-to-eat-organic-foods/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My HIV Test Result - Farside / Why Is It That Mad People Have Very Strong Immunity? / Godwin Julius Dies During COVID-19 Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.