Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. (837 Views)

Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up / Funny Lies Our Mother Told Us / Share Some Funny Things You Did As A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by ableguy(m): 8:33pm On May 11, 2017
Sometimes our parents can lie for Africa, Lol. We still love them.

They always tell us to be bring our money so they can help us save them. They are yet to give you back the last money you gave them, next time they say bring the money let's save it for you.

You be like Mummy I no gree ooo
grin grin cheesy

Re: Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by ableguy(m): 8:34pm On May 11, 2017
When they say tell us the truth we won't beat you
cheesy grin

You remember the last time you walk away with wheelchair

1 Like

Re: Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by ableguy(m): 8:37pm On May 11, 2017
When your mum tells you she had no boyfriend while growing up, you are like 'tell me more'. Because you have seen her pictures. cheesy grin

Re: Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by ableguy(m): 8:42pm On May 11, 2017
I always come first in class, you are like mum 'are these not your results'? How was that possible? Lol, our parents always pass their exams. Maybe all of them are intelligent.

Re: Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by pheyhi(f): 8:43pm On May 11, 2017
When mama say if your hand stay well I will give you just 4 strokes of cane ehhhhnnn na lieeeee you go chop 9 for every part of your body before you now chop that 4 strokes of cane on your hand

1 Like

Re: Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by ableguy(m): 8:44pm On May 11, 2017
I'll buy it if you come first in class.
The same old story

Re: Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by Kondomatic(m): 8:45pm On May 11, 2017
ableguy:
When your mum tells you she had no boyfriend while growing up, you are like 'tell me more'. Because you have seen her pictures. cheesy grin
Most of them didn't have boyfriend/date before marriage. They married early so they never had the chance.

1 Like

Re: Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by ableguy(m): 8:48pm On May 11, 2017
My parents never got angry with me like you're doing to us.
But that's not what grandma said.

1 Share

Re: Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by MysteriousAnn(f): 8:49pm On May 11, 2017
My parent used to tell me the If I eat anything in the fridge without their permission, I will die. embarassed I was young and innocent, I didn't even steal meat because I was scared of death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by ableguy(m): 8:54pm On May 11, 2017
When you lend them your money which they promised to pay back and it's gone when you need it.
They start telling you how they have been feeding you and clothing you.
Lol cheesy grin

Re: Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by abdulahi001: 8:55pm On May 11, 2017
If you touch a girl or you allow a girl touch you, you will turn to stone.

1 Like

Re: Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by ableguy(m): 8:57pm On May 11, 2017
If you eat beans you'll grow tall, na so. Is it your tall?
grin cheesy

1 Share

Re: Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by Chanchit: 9:00pm On May 11, 2017
Some of my igbo friends don't buy egg on their because when they were little, their parents told them if they eat egg, they would start stealing. So that lie has stayed forever in their brain.

A friend told me he wanted to buy boiled egg when he was still in the village, immediately he payed, his mother's friend walked into the shop, he said he ran for his dear life without collecting his money or egg.

1 Like

Re: Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by ableguy(m): 9:03pm On May 11, 2017
Go and wear your shoes we'll wait for you.
Only for you to come outside they are gone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by ableguy(m): 9:07pm On May 11, 2017
They always buy you oversized clothes and shoes and tell you 'you'll grow into it'
cheesy grin
You waited for ages for the cloth to size you.

Re: Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by shinarlaura(f): 9:20pm On May 11, 2017
ableguy:
Go and wear your shoes we'll wait for you.
Only for you to come outside they are gone.

Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by ableguy(m): 9:25pm On May 11, 2017
They tell you not to pick money on the road otherwise you'll turn to a goat, and you see other kids picking money on the road.
grin cheesy

Re: Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by ableguy(m): 9:47pm On May 11, 2017
When you tell your mum you're hungry, she be like why won't u be hungry when all you do is play all the time. cheesy grin cheesy

Re: Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. by ableguy(m): 10:18pm On May 11, 2017
abdulahi001:
If you touch a girl or you allow a girl touch you, you will turn to stone.
Lol this one serious ooo

(1) (Reply)

STRANGE: I Will Not Attend My Daughter’s Walimat Nikkah – Prof. Lakin Akintola / Have You Ever Thought Of Changing Your Surname? Some Names Are Weird.... / How Safe Is Your Child From A Tutor Coming To Your Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.