Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,421 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Have You Ever Thought Of Changing Your Surname? Some Names Are Weird.... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Thought Of Changing Your Surname? Some Names Are Weird.... (836 Views)

Are Some Names Synonymous With Certain Character Traits? / Man Changes His Surname To His Mother’s Name / Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Thought Of Changing Your Surname? Some Names Are Weird.... by Elkings123(m): 8:55pm On May 22, 2018
Dear Nairalanders,

If you have the opportunity to change ur surname will you do it?

Imagine a surname as Ekwemmo meaning the rhythm of the spirit ( igbo language)
Ike ekwensu meaning the power of the devil (igbo Language)

Please yours...
Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Changing Your Surname? Some Names Are Weird.... by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 22, 2018
Ike Ekwensu means devil's buttocks now grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Changing Your Surname? Some Names Are Weird.... by Tanktink: 9:23pm On May 22, 2018
When I woke up this morning still in bed then a thought came to my mind like what is the meaning of my surname ( Muritala ) and it's origin as a Yoruba person it doesn't have any meaning to me. I am considering changing it but not yet decide what name to choose yet . The name sound boring to me lately honestly.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Changing Your Surname? Some Names Are Weird.... by Elkings123(m): 9:29pm On May 22, 2018
mrdashing10:
Ike Ekwensu means devil's buttocks now grin

Yes that's the second meaning in igbo lang...
You can imagine

Lolz
Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Changing Your Surname? Some Names Are Weird.... by YOUNGrapha(m): 9:29pm On May 22, 2018
grin grin

NWOSU = CHILD OF OUTCAST EGWUMMO = SONG OF SPIRIT AJURU = REJECTED ALANMO = LAND OF THE SPRIRIT
Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Changing Your Surname? Some Names Are Weird.... by Elkings123(m): 9:34pm On May 22, 2018
Tanktink:
When I woke up this morning still in bed then a thought came to my mind like what is the meaning of my surname ( Muritala ) and it's origin as a Yoruba person it doesn't have any meaning to me. I am considering changing it but not yet decide what name to choose yet . The name sound boring to me lately honestly.

Why not inquire from your parent the meaning and origin as well...
I think it will be better b4 considering changing it....
Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Changing Your Surname? Some Names Are Weird.... by Elkings123(m): 11:06pm On May 22, 2018
Lala please assist to front page...

(1) (Reply)

How Safe Is Your Child From A Tutor Coming To Your Home? / Can You Wash Your Wife's Underwears? / Lala Looses Dad!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.