Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo (1932 Views)

EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds / FG To Fund Budget Through Sukuk Bond / Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by mowapa(m): 7:50am On Jan 28, 2007
http://www.independentngonline.com/news/127/ARTICLE/19886/2007-01-28.html

Do they really believe we are fools? loan my foot.
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by donnymikky(m): 10:47am On Jan 28, 2007
Yes i believe Baba took 2 billion naira loan to fund his farm. Abi what else do we want baba to say?, he could not have said he stole money to fund his farm. There is no point asking him where he got the loan from as it is glaring that the said loan was obtained from out treasury. The question is "when will he pay back our money"?
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by venusmaze: 12:47pm On Jan 28, 2007
i really don't know what to make of this   VP Atiku. After reading the above article, i am lost as to what really is going on, can someone shed some light please?
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by 4Play(m): 3:05pm On Jan 28, 2007
I like the fact that with just 20,000 Naira in his account he was able to obtain a loan for 2billion naira.

That means I have hope of being able to start my business in Nigeria with billions of naira as well in bank loans
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by Mamajama(m): 4:42pm On Jan 28, 2007
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by venusmaze: 4:45pm On Jan 28, 2007
mamjama
i just read your post, what a bunch of crooks we have sad
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by adconline(m): 5:13pm On Jan 28, 2007
We all know where the shots are coming from. If VP had not said anything, OBJ and cohorts would still be mute on his immediate ascendency into billionaire's club. IBB and his friends gave him N100 million he donated to PDP and Joseph Sanusi, ex CEO of First Bank who would later become governor of Central Bank granted OBJ a credit facility of $1 million with the approval of Abdusalam Abubakar to revive his farm that had been decimated by his incarceration.

Here is my question. why is OBJ telling us these evil deeds of his VP after he lost 3rd term due to opposition from Atikus's camp. Why did OBJ punish his son -Gbenga- for calling Atiku and co corrupt. Remember that El Rufai was the head of privatization and he allowed Atiku to buy all these companies even though he -El Rufai- is answerable to Baba. What did he tell Baba about Atiku's corrupt acts? Why didn't El Rufai go public like the way he did when some senators demanded money from him. My conclusion is that OBJ and and his cohorts were/still accomplice to those corrupt practices. By the way, OBJ's consent was still required in those deals. I think OBJ is entangled in corruption that's why he is trying to clear himself whenever VP camp throws the mud. I am not a fan of VP and I think that its good that he will not rule Nigeria, but our problems are still there.
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by mowapa(m): 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2007
If we were not notified that OBJ owned 200m shares of Transcorp, that was subscribed to at N1 per share then, do you know what that would be worth by now? considering the same stock is been offered to us the unconnected sap at N7.50K @SHARE. What a slowpoke I was to really believe OBJ over ATIKU. damn I still taste the bile in my mouth 4 that. NEVER AGAIN!

http://www.saharareporters.com/dn001.php?dnid=238 While i don't always believe everything I read, current events has changed my mind. If this too turns out to be true, wallah tallia I'm coming back to Nigeria to steal the electrical transformer in my neighborhood. My share of the national cake. (LOL)
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by globalaid(m): 12:41am On Jan 29, 2007
@ mo wa pa, you must be joking. Hmmmmm what is this country turning into. This is just the begining, so many things is still coming up to be reveal. In my father`s country, we dont have people that are serving the people, but what we have are thief calling themselves a leader, our leader are even more than 419, robber, put together. When are we Nigeria going to learn to tell this people that we dont want them again instead anytime they give us #20, then we start following them, selling our birthright to them for a pot of porridge, dipping their hand into what belongs to all of us, giving us a peanut and keeping the largest share for their children and concubines. It is not a suprise, OBJ is the mother of all robber, he too wanted to surpass Babangida wealth, is it not the samething with Abacha before he died
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by Ndipe(m): 12:46am On Jan 29, 2007
Corruption in Naija does not faze me anymore.
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by mowapa(m): 3:31am On Jan 29, 2007
Apathy is the bane of our society, when corruption happen at home and the White people now report it, we all shout racism. We need to take control of our resources to enrich all Nigerian,not just a few people.The inability of all citizen to access the nation wealth leads to more Nigerians like Tochi Amara(R.I.P) taking unnecessary risk that eventually leads to their death. BE VOCAL AND BE SEEN.
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by lewa(m): 7:11am On Jan 29, 2007
OBJ is a thief, pure and simple. The constitution clearly spells out the fact that public officials have no business in private business!The man has trampled and spat on the constitution he swore to protect so many times!If not for Atiku, would we know this!Atiku might not be a saint, but i know for sure. OBJ is a criminal!He should publish publicly the accounts of the Oil Portfolio he held on jealously alone for 8 years if he is man enough. Charity must begin from Aremu
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by Ndipe(m): 7:24am On Jan 29, 2007
Atiku is no different from OBJ. His accusation is akin to the adage, "Pot calls the kettle black". Why cant he declare his assets first, before pointing fingers at Obasanjo?
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by globalaid(m): 8:50am On Jan 29, 2007
that is what i don't understand about my Nigerian people, why cant we deal with OBJ before we come back to Atiku, OBJ case is so easy and simple to identify. This is a man that came out from prison having 20,000 naira in his account only to be worth billion dollars in less than 8 years, Atiku has faced the senate with a damming allegation against him and he too promise of going to senate to clear himself, why did he develop cold feet at the last minute. Baba Iyabo is a mother of all robbers and that is why he was hell bent of covering up his misdeeds by giving us a clone president in Yaradua.
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by Ndipe(m): 10:20am On Jan 29, 2007
Ete, all of them are the same to me. Atiku and his ilks, so, unless his hands are clean, Atiku should not be in the business of sullying OBJ's already tarnished character.
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by mazaje(m): 2:01pm On Jan 29, 2007
who strated the name calling and allegations? ObJ. he was the one that wanted to disgrace atiku with out knowing that atiku had all the documents and papers of all the fraud and theft thgey exectuted together , if he had keep quite he would have not had it this bad with atiku but knowing he is not clean he was trying to show the world that atiku was very dirty, what a stupid thing to do. pikin wey say hin mama no go sleep him too no go sleep.
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by stranger12: 2:47pm On Jan 29, 2007
STUPID IGNORANT PEOPLE

N20000? even my father has more in his bank account. Obasanjo had schools, farms, estates before going to prison. a liquid cash of 20000 in his account means what? He is doomed to have nothing more?

OF ALL THINGS TO WORRY OVER, IS THIS YOUR NEXT HEADACHE? YOU ALL NEED SOMEONE TO BEAT SENSE INTO YOUR HEADS.
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by Mariory(m): 3:19pm On Jan 29, 2007
stranger12 don't waste your time. Atiku has confused some Nigerians but, not enough to prevent his eventually downfall.
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by mowapa(m): 3:36pm On Jan 29, 2007
@stranger 12

Yes! we are aware he had assets besides the N20,000 cash. it's still a fact that those did not amount to the billion he now has. His Ota farm house was an eyesore according to governor Kalu when he visited the place before OBJ was elected, the turn around of that business since then should earn an award.Why did he wait till he became our president to get his loan after all, the place has been around since 1979 and languishing and in eight years this! and how many manufacturer have gone under since he became presido? that kind turnaround in naija is suspicious.
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by BigB11(m): 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2007
OBJ represents total failure and an extremely bad example of a leader.

My questions are:

1.Who approved this loan for OBJ?
2.What is the different between OBJ's loan and loan by Atiku to his friends?
3.Has OBJ paid back any of these loans and what is the persentage of the interest?
4. When was the loan taken and when is it scheduled to be paid back in full?
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by 4Play(m): 5:15pm On Jan 29, 2007
OBJ had assets sure,but strangely if those assets were that viable ,why where they not showing up in his personal finances?

He should use the same expertise he used in turning around his finances to become a consultant for the likes of Ford Motors.

For God's sake,forget Carlos Ghosn,Jack Welch,this guy is the real deal
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by TerraCotta(m): 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2007
Big B1:

1.Who approved this loan for OBJ?
2.What is the different between OBJ's loan and loan by Atiku to his friends?
3.Has OBJ paid back any of these loans and what is the persentage of the interest?
4. When was the loan taken and when is it scheduled to be paid back in full?

Your questions are reasonable ones, and Obasanjo should be able to answer them. Otherwise, he can spend his retirement in Kirikiri too.

I don't see how this absolves Atiku of his clearly corrupt dealings with the PTDF though. It's not a "this-or-that" choice between the two; they should both be cellmates if they are shown to be corrupt. In my mind, the difference is that Atiku's thefts are documentable, while the source of Obasanjo's "sudden wealth" etc. is still speculation.
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by mowapa(m): 6:20pm On Jan 29, 2007
Only in Africa do we accept kleptomaniacs as leader, OBJ source of wealth like IBB will never be revealed to citizen minions like us. Thanks to the imbroglio between little thief and bid thief this misdeed would never have been known. and by the way shouldn't we know what happened to all the money that was left in the Child Care Trust Fund since being taken over by stella son?
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by IykeD1(m): 1:18am On Jan 30, 2007
Here is the Independent's latest:

Atiku Tasks Obasanjo On Collateral For N2b Loan, Others
30th January
By Iyobosa Uwugiaren, Assistant Editor, Abuja

Print Article Most Popular PDF version

Vice President Atiku Abubakar has described claims that President Olusegun Obasanjo borrowed N2 billion to reactivate his farms as a laughable and childish lie.

He said it was akin to using the palm to cover the sun; a concoction which Nigerians would not fall for.
Presidential Aide, Uba Sani, had said in an interview with Sunday Independent on Sunday that Obasanjo obtained loans from four banks for his farms which now has branches across the country.

But speaking through his Presidential Campaign Organisation in a statement on Monday, Atiku said the fact that the loan was itself supplicated only about six months ago means that it could not explain the geometrical expansion of the Ota Farms alone much less the five other multi-billion Naira farms established by Obasanjo in six states.

"Besides, the organisation said the monumental transformation of Obasanjo Farms predated the N2 billion Obasanjo collected from the banks" Atiku said. The Atiku Campaign Organisation had last week, challenged Obasanjo to tell Nigerians how he transformed from a paltry N20, 000 savings in 1999 to

the owner of a flourishing group of farms spread across the country. The statement said: "Besides, Obasanjo should tell Nigerians how he raised the collateral with which he borrowed the N2 billion he used to reactivate the Obasanjo farms. Sani’s explanation has only further exposed the President’s duplicity.

"Obasanjo should tell Nigerians how a farm, which was moribund in 1999 and had to be bailed out of impending liquidation become so rich to generate the collateral for a N2 billion loan." Atiku said anyone conversant with the banking system knows that one needs collateral of about N6 billion to raise N2 billion loan, and challenged Obasanjo to tell Nigerians how he transformed from a man who had less than N20, 000 in his account in 1999 to someone who now has N6 billion collateral to take a N2 billion loan.

All I can say is that, Atiku's PR machine beats that of the President's by far, but that is just all there is to it. One need
to look at the last statement above to see my point. What has someone having N20,000 in an account (not proven of course) got to do with having the ability to put up collateral for a loan? Are they now saying that all Obasanjo had then was just N20,000, no other assets? And I suppose all the loans Atiku has ever obtained since becoming VP were all backed by adequate securities. If UBA or Zenith decides to give the President a loan without adequate collateral, how
is that anyone else's business besides that of the stake holders of the bank.

OBJ men should be going on the offensive daily rather than defending Atiku's claims. Common, these guys can splash Atiku's banking transactions for the past 10 years on Sun News and the likes. These guys needs some schooling on
how to use dis-information to demolish an opponent. You can't try playing nice with someone who has no shame and who will say or do anything to get what he wants.
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by globalaid(m): 1:26am On Jan 30, 2007
Why did they not tell us that OBJ borrow money all this while, i still has my suspicion though, all over the world there is what we called transparency but in my father land everything is done at the dead of the night and nobody knows what is happening. These people should not think all of us are fool, you can fool some people all the time but you cant fool all the people all the time, 140 million people cannot be a fool at the same time.
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by TerraCotta(m): 1:48am On Jan 30, 2007
Iyke-D:

OBJ men should be going on the offensive daily rather than defending Atiku's claims. Common, these guys can splash Atiku's banking transactions for the past 10 years on Sun News and the likes.

I completely agree with you, but there are other factors to consider. The Sun, for instance, is owned by Orji Uzor Kalu and would never publish a "favourable" article about OBJ. For reasons both good and bad, it will not be easy for the federal government to find sympathetic news outlets in Nigeria. I'd say OBJ generally gets more favorable coverage outside Nigeria than in it.

Atiku on the other hand seems to have spent his recent "vacation" recruiting American PR guys and campaign coordinators--notice his remarkable change in wardrobe (no more agbada/babanriga and hat; now it's blazers and open-neck shirts). For the last couple of years, Atiku's wife Jennifer has been (was?) an International Relations PhD student at American University in Washington, DC, so he's had an opportunity to consult with experienced political scientists for a while. In my opinion, he's spent time grooming an experienced staff for this latest PR push and OBJ's reps doesn't have enough PR sophistication to counter him yet.
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by mowapa(m): 3:42am On Jan 30, 2007
What we are hearing right now is noise, Nigerians are yet to hear the sound. Stay tuned there may be more.
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by domwas2(m): 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2007
@ stranger
STUPID IGNORANT PEOPLE

N20000? even my father has more in his bank account. Obasanjo had schools, farms, estates before going to prison. a liquid cash of 20000 in his account means what? He is doomed to have nothing more?

ABUJA—THE political camp of Vice President Atiku Abubakar wants the presidency to explain to Nigerians how President Olusegun Obasanjo was able to turn around his business empire with only N20,000 in 1998 :oafter his release from jail into “a vast empire” across the country.

“It is public knowledge that in 1999 when Atiku and Obasanjo ran for their joint ticket, the President was broke, and it was Atiku that raised the N100 million needed to pull him out of bankruptcy in order to qualify to run as candidate of the PDP cry. According to Minister Nasir el-Rufai, the President had only N20,000 :oin his account when he came into office,” the Vice President said in a statement released by his campaign office.
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by McKren(m): 8:12pm On Feb 03, 2007
@ IyKe-D

OBJ's men have no choice but to be on the defence, OBJ's NSA for the past seven years (Gen. Aliyu Gusau retired) is working behind the scene with Atiku against the presidency and you know what that means.  OBJ is just very vulnerable at the moment.
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by BigB11(m): 9:04pm On Feb 03, 2007
@Mckren

why don't you ask Mr.EFCC to investigate this one?
Re: I Took A N2 Billion Loan To Fund My Farm: Obasanjo by mowapa(m): 11:26pm On Feb 03, 2007
The question EFCC should ask OBJ is what happened to the CHILD CARE TRUST FUND The account contains millions of our donated money.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Funmi Deepzone? / Unbelievable! Federal Kangaroo High Court Of Asaba Discharges James Ibori / SSS Joins Efcc, Police In Manhunt For Ibori

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.