Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,663 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles (9319 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) / Angel Descends From Heaven In RCCG Ebute-Metta Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by MAYOWAAK: 12:42pm On Jan 11, 2010
All To Be Addressed Simply As PastorRegional Pastors To Be Posted To Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan For Evangelism
From Martins Oloja, Abuja Bureau Chief at Redemption Camp
"THERE will be some changes in the Redeemed Christian Church of God. Many of us have become hungry for titles: Regional Pastor, Special Assistant to the G.O, Mummy S.A, Provincial Pastor, Assistant Provincial Pastor, Zonal Pastor, Area Pastor, etc. From now on, that must cease, Now, every one of us will become Pastor in charge of Region, Province, Zone and all that, You are now simply Pastor in charge of, No more Regional Pastor, Provincial Pastor, S.A to G.O, !"

With these words yesterday, at the Ministers Annual Thanksgiving at the Redemption Camp along the Lagos Ibadan Expressway, the General Overseer of the RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye abolished all the big titles that ministers strive to attain in one of the world's largest church mission.

The General Overseer, who took the church hierarchy by surprise with the announcement, did not give reasons for the abolition of the titles. He said the present holders will still function but will not go about with titles that are now been scrambled for by ministers in the church.

Following the announcement, which was greeted with measured applause, the G.O hinted that "all those that have been successfully in charge of provinces and regions, must be ready to go to missions in Africa, Middle East, Iran Iraq, etc."

Pastor Adeboye who expatiated on the prophecy he released to the Church on December 31, 2009, gave spiritual explanation for the scrapping of big titles in the RCCG.

His words: "In the Bible, you never find titles such as Prophet Elijah. It is Elijah the Prophet. You never find Evangelist Philip but Philip the Evangelist. , When you meet him and ask: what do you do? He tells you I am an evangelist. That is not a title, "

The Guardian was told by close associates that the G.O who was, last year, recognised by Newsweek as one of the world's 50 most influential persons had been frustrated by the way ministers emphasise titles more than the Lord's commission to preach to the world.
Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by Tudor6(f): 12:56pm On Jan 11, 2010
Yes, Titles like G.O and Daddy G.O are only for the big boss himself!
Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by PastorAIO: 1:35pm On Jan 11, 2010
Any way I commend this news. In fact I'm so happy I'm surprised at myself.

I wonder if Adeboye has been reading this forum.
Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by Krayola(m): 1:42pm On Jan 11, 2010
Pastor Adeboye no get time for Nairaland o. Too much money to count. Elephants don't swat flies grin We're irrelevant
Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by bawomolo(m): 2:32pm On Jan 11, 2010
we are pencils in the eyes of daddy G.O
Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by afiq(m): 6:33am On Jan 12, 2010
RCCG is a J.O.K.E.!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by aboxphem: 11:57pm On Jan 12, 2010
Relinquishing any religious title is not the only problem of Nigerians pastor or let me say worlwide, it may even be possible u love to be called Brother or Sister without being regenerated or have come accross the knowledge and the way of Christ. If u realy want to serve Christ with all ur heart i mean u want to pattern ur life after HIS ministry u will never pursue or answer any title at all, even the so call Daddy G.O or G.O itself, who made u that. They wanted to Make JESUS king did'nt he fled. PLS try to learn majorly from Christ not from any man.
Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by jidewin(m): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2011
My High Priests name and official tag is Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God.Now addressing him as Daddy G.O is the alias we his children accord him and not his TITLE.Get it right and get it straight.How many of you whose parent is in the ministry addresses your dad or mum as pastor Its either daddy or mummy.
"For every idle word man utters shall he give account of".

2 Likes

Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by CHARLOE(m): 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2011
Posted by: jidewin
Insert Quote
My High Priests name and official tag is Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God.
@ Jidewin, are u saying pst adeboye is ur high priest? Is pst adeboye ur high priest or Jesus? Plz stop d blasphemy and man-worship!
Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by PastorKun(m): 2:50pm On Oct 18, 2011
@jide
By labelling Adeboye the high priest of rccg, you just confirmed to us that rccg is not a christian church as there is only one high priest amongst christian believers and his name is Jesus Christ. Any other one is a counterfeit.
Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by HISchild: 7:44am On Oct 19, 2011
"daddy"?

"Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us?" - Mal 2:10.

"Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me." - John 8:41-42.

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." - Matthew 23:9. Therefore, love the LORD thy GOD & call HIM Father only, if HE is in fact your Father, only because of, in & through The Lord Jesus Christ, by grace alone, Praise GOD!
---------
"Let me not, I pray you, accept any man's person, neither let me give flattering titles unto man. For I know not to give flattering titles; in so doing my maker would soon take me away." - Job 32:21-22
Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by CHARLOE(m): 9:26am On Oct 19, 2011
QUESTION TO ALL REDEEM MEMBERS: WHO IS YOUR HIGH PRIEST? IS IT 'DADDY GO adeboye" OR JESUS?
Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by jidewin(m): 4:10pm On Oct 19, 2011
@charloe
Its simple, e.g in a country such as nigeria we have the president and the state governors who are been addressed as 'first citizens' isn't that right?
At every worship centers there are as there will always be a priest, even when the scriptures refered to us as "royal priesthoods" there are those who God still channels responsibilities to,in every spiritual gathering.
Thus in RCCG,the overall priest (high priest) is the General Overseer.For believers world wide,Christ Jesus is our High Priest.Do you get it now?and that is No Blasphemy as you alledge.
And to answer your last post, as Redeemed worker and not just a member, Pastor Adeboye,my General Overseer in RCCG is My High Priest
Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by jidewin(m): 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2011
@pastor?kun , that is if indeed you are a pastor, why do you presume rccg is a counterfeit? Cos of how I address my 'daddy in christ? Everyone is entitled to address his parent 'physical or spiritual' as they are pleased as long as it does contradict the scriptures nor displeases Christ Jesus.
You can address your pastor by his name or title informally,while I can address mine as daddy.I care less how anyone feels about that.

As for d poster with bible references, my summarised answers is, in as much as you can be asked what's ur surname and you answered affirmative your surname,and they asked who bears the name,will you answer thus "emmm the man that bore me,although I can't call him my father shey?"
Even Elisha addressed Elijah as "my father, 2kings 2:12"
Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by bojokayode(m): 4:54pm On May 28, 2013
CHARLOE: Posted by: jidewin
Insert Quote
My High Priests name and official tag is Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God.
@ Jidewin, are u saying pst adeboye is ur high priest? Is pst adeboye ur high priest or Jesus? Plz stop d blasphemy and man-worship!
@jidewin: y not leave the youngman&mind your business.If he says pastor Adeboye is his high priest,let him be&dont fight for Jesus.
Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by bojokayode(m): 4:57pm On May 28, 2013
Pastor Kun: @jide
By labelling Adeboye the high priest of rccg, you just confirmed to us that rccg is not a christian church as there is only one high priest amongst christian believers and his name is Jesus Christ. Any other one is a counterfeit.

@Pastorkun,what exactly is your ffyt against RCCG?Be careful so that God does not help you comport yourself.
Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by flourishG(m): 5:45pm On May 28, 2013
Thank God for this. In addition, there's nothing like Apostle Paul. He's Paul, the apostle of Christ or servant of Christ. Leaders must be prepared to serve.
Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by Danyell(m): 9:55pm On May 28, 2013
It's 2013 and they still go by these titles anyway.
Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by JesusisLord85: 10:08pm On May 28, 2013
MAYOWAAK: All To Be Addressed Simply As PastorRegional Pastors To Be Posted To Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan For Evangelism
From Martins Oloja, Abuja Bureau Chief at Redemption Camp
"THERE will be some changes in the Redeemed Christian Church of God. Many of us have become hungry for titles: Regional Pastor, Special Assistant to the G.O, Mummy S.A, Provincial Pastor, Assistant Provincial Pastor, Zonal Pastor, Area Pastor, etc. From now on, that must cease, Now, every one of us will become Pastor in charge of Region, Province, Zone and all that, You are now simply Pastor in charge of, No more Regional Pastor, Provincial Pastor, S.A to G.O, !"

With these words yesterday, at the Ministers Annual Thanksgiving at the Redemption Camp along the Lagos Ibadan Expressway, the General Overseer of the RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye abolished all the big titles that ministers strive to attain in one of the world's largest church mission.

The General Overseer, who took the church hierarchy by surprise with the announcement, did not give reasons for the abolition of the titles. He said the present holders will still function but will not go about with titles that are now been scrambled for by ministers in the church.

Following the announcement, which was greeted with measured applause, the G.O hinted that "all those that have been successfully in charge of provinces and regions, must be ready to go to missions in Africa, Middle East, Iran Iraq, etc."

Pastor Adeboye who expatiated on the prophecy he released to the Church on December 31, 2009, gave spiritual explanation for the scrapping of big titles in the RCCG.

His words: "In the Bible, you never find titles such as Prophet Elijah. It is Elijah the Prophet. You never find Evangelist Philip but Philip the Evangelist. , When you meet him and ask: what do you do? He tells you I am an evangelist. That is not a title, "

The Guardian was told by close associates that the G.O who was, last year, recognised by Newsweek as one of the world's 50 most influential persons had been frustrated by the way ministers emphasise titles more than the Lord's commission to preach to the world.

A step in the right direction. But they are still commanding you to tithe, which is unbiblical. Perhaps they will sell their jets and feed more poor people. And perhaps the people who go to RCCG might one day resemble the image of christ. No holiness there, I can tell you that.

1 Like

Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by flourishG(m): 10:52pm On May 28, 2013
JesusisLord85:

A step in the right direction. But they are still commanding you to tithe, which is unbiblical. Perhaps they will sell their jets and feed more poor people. And perhaps the people who go to RCCG might one day resemble the image of christ. No holiness there, I can tell you that.
amen!

1 Like

Re: Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles by Gudman1: 10:03am On Oct 29, 2013
JesusisLord85:

is Old testament not in your Bible? Often times, many Christians argue that payment of Tithe is in the Old Testament and we are in the New Testament. Let me ask these questions;
1. Does it mean that Old Testament is no longer relevant?
2. Do we have the following scriptures in the New Testament?
a. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want-Psalm 23:1
b. No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; Isaiah 54:17
c. And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; Deuteronomy 28:13, etc.
Truth be told, if we claim Old Testament blessings, then we should obey Old Testament instructions-Exodus 34:26, Malachi 3:10.
Remember, Revelation 22:19 say "And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

(1) (Reply)

Ninth Circle Satanic Child Sacrifice Cult: The Christiandom Connection / Why Many Prayers Are Returned To The Prayer Himself, It's Funny / Nigerian Churches And The Culture Of Extreme Exploitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.