Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:09 AM

Paseda Is A Worthy Ambassador Of Yoruba Empire - Emir Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Paseda Is A Worthy Ambassador Of Yoruba Empire - Emir Sanusi (466 Views)

Col. K.E Elemele: Colonel Killed by Boko Haram, A Worthy Son Of The Niger Delta / Lilian Onoh Received As Ambassador Of Namibia In A Special Ceremony (Photos) / Buhari's Gift To Outgoing Ambassador Of Saudi Arabia To Nigeria. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Paseda Is A Worthy Ambassador Of Yoruba Empire - Emir Sanusi by ComradeWesto(m): 4:18pm On May 12, 2017
PASEDA IS A WORTHY AMBASSADOR OF YORUBA EMPIRE - Emir Sanusi

The Ogun State gubernatorial candidate of Unity Party of Nigeria, (UPN) in the 2015 Governorship election, Otunba Rotimi Paseda has been described as a "worthy Ambassador" of Yorubaland whose immense contribution to national unity cannot be undermined.

The Emir of Kano, His Royal Majesty, Alhaji Sanusi Lamido IV made this commendation on Thursday at his Palace when the Hausa community in Ogun State presented Otunba Paseda as the Garkuwan Hausawan in the state to the Emir in Kano state.

Emir Sanusi said, the conferment of the chieftaincy title on the Ijebu-born Prince was justifiable, considering his unprecedented achievement in the private sector and unflinching support for the Hausa community in Ogun State.

He said he was not disappointed in conferring the Garkuwan title on Paseda as a Prince from Ijebuland whose character epitomizes nobility.

The Emir therefore enjoined Otunba Paseda to always uphold the tenet of the Garkuwan title, and continued to ensure the peaceful coexistence between the Yoruba and the Hausa communities in Ogun State.

He said, "I welcome you to the Emirate council of Kano state. I am not disappointed with the conferment of the Garkuwan title on your personality. I have read and followed your unprecedented achievement in the private sector and support for my subjects (Hausas) in Ogun State.

"I'm not surprised with your unflinching support because you are a Prince from Ijebu Kingdom. The Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona is someone whom I always exchange ideas with. The Ijebu people are lovely people and accommodating.

"But always live up to your responsibilities as Garkuwan and don't hesitate to run to the Emirate council whenever you are in need of advice because you are now a member of the Emirate council", Emir Sanusi concluded.

In his reaction, the Garkuwan Hausawan of Ogun State, Otunba Rotimi Paseda appreciated the Emir for his acceptability into the Emirate council, saying he would continue to represent the interest of the Hausa community ".

Re: Paseda Is A Worthy Ambassador Of Yoruba Empire - Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 12, 2017
Triton1996 you again?

(1) (Reply)

You Are A Prophet Of Doom – APC Hits Ezeife / N.3billion Fraud: EFCC Arraigns APC Chairman, Others In Osun / PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Becomes Life Honorary Member Of House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.