Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,524 members, 7,837,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Akingbola: I Own N346.1b Worldwide Assets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akingbola: I Own N346.1b Worldwide Assets (687 Views)

Seize Any Money I Own In Foreign Accounts, Akpabio Challenges FG / Faces Of The Officers That Allegedly Mismanaged, Diverted And Looted $2.1b / Court ruling: Erastus Akingbola’s Properties in Cayman Islands to be sold off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akingbola: I Own N346.1b Worldwide Assets by idiopathic: 1:27pm On Jan 11, 2010
http://www.leadershipnigeria.com/index.php/news/cover-stories/10637-akingbola-i-own-n3461b-worldwide-assets

A former managing director/chief executive officer of International Bank Plc, Mr. Eratus Bankole Oladipo Akingbola, has admitted owning the N346.1 billion worldwide assets recently seized by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on the order of a Federal High Court in Lagos.

The anti-graft commission had listed some of the "suspected known assets" owned by Mr Akingbola to include:

• A property of Milverton Road, Ikoyi, Lagos• Amazing Grace Maza, Plot 2e, 4e Ligali Ajorinde Street, Victory Island, Lagos,

• No. 2 Bedwell Road, Ikoyi,

• No. 22 Ruxton Road, Ikoyi,

• No. 2b Chester Terrace, London, NW14NP,

• No. 6s Gove-End Road, London NW89WH,

• No. 8 Connaught Street, London W22AH,

• properties in Dubai, including units in Regal Towers, Dubai,

• properties in Accra, Ghana and

• Shares held in listed companies in Nigeria including those in Intercontinental Bank Plc, Access Bank Plc, Tropics Security Limited and others.

However, in an affidavit sworn to by his lawyer and deposed to at the Federal High Court, Lagos, Akingbola admitted in paragraph 2 (C) and 2 (d) that all affected assets seized by the court order recently belong to him.But the embattled former CEO claims that he acquired the assets with his salaries and allowances and requested the Federal High Court to set aside its earlier decision ordering the freezing of his worldwide assets.

The Head of Corporate Affairs and spokesman of Central Bank of Nigeria, Malam M.M. Abdullahi, confirmed Akingbola's confession and his latest legal move to LEADERSHIP last night. He said the EFCC and the CBN had been served with the application, saying, "From information available to us, the EFCC lawyer will vigorously and vehemently oppose the application of Akingbola.

"A Federal High Court, Lagos, and the High Court of Justice Queen's Bench Division (Commercial Court), London, had in their separate ruling granted ex-parte orders for "Mareva injunction," restraining Akingbola, by himself, or through his wife, Mrs Anthonia Tolulope Akingbola, his children and others from removing or diminishing the value of his assets.
Re: Akingbola: I Own N346.1b Worldwide Assets by MAYOWAAK: 1:46pm On Jan 11, 2010
But the embattled former CEO claims that he acquired the assets with his salaries and allowances and requested the Federal High Court to set aside its earlier decision ordering the freezing of his worldwide assets[b][/b]

I AM SPEECHLESS
Re: Akingbola: I Own N346.1b Worldwide Assets by mogentle(m): 4:05pm On Jan 11, 2010
I tire ooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Akingbola: I Own N346.1b Worldwide Assets by blacksta(m): 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2010
Even bill gates does not draw that kind salary from his company even when it is worth billions of dollars -
Re: Akingbola: I Own N346.1b Worldwide Assets by otawa: 6:01pm On Jan 11, 2010
But the embattled former CEO claims that he acquired the assets with his salaries and allowances and requested the Federal High Court to set aside its earlier decision ordering the freezing of his worldwide assets.

Good Point.

Onus is on EFCC to proof that the proceed that generated those assets were from 'criminal source'!

So let them provide details of his 'salaries and allowances' since he started working and tally that with those assets and taxes he had paid.

It is same with Mr Obasanjo, did he acquired Ota Firm with his salaries and allowances?

(1) (Reply)

Soludo Security Aides Killed Our Son – Family Alleges / Hmmm Video Of Lagos And Population Explosion And Growth In The City . Bbc / Jos Massacre: Hold Army Responsible - Plateau Gov •soldiers Shoot 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.