Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? (32971 Views)

'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos / Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / Which European Country Is Best To Go For Hustling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 13, 2017
Henryyy:
LeanonGod Victorclean1 thanks for your input but you guys seem not to have understood my point.I live in naija presently but am wondering if it's reasonable relocating to a fellow African nation.
Thanks to everyone who contributed but many people didn't provide info about the living standards in the suggested countries, restrictions, etc that would have helped us make the right decision.

As for me, Nigeria will remain my beloved country but if you feel otherwise, you can try Angola.

God thank you for making me a citizen of Nigeria smiley
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 13, 2017
automatic1:
If u don't stay in Nigeria then travel out of Africa. I tell u Nigeria is the Best. Our economy might be somehow bt its going to be ok later. Nigeria is more Accommodating than any Africa country, Nigeria is merciful than any other Africa country. U get money easier compare to other Africa countries. By experience they respect Nigeria in many Africa country. Except for the bad image few Nigeria n exhibit will scare them.

You are truly wise but sometimes people need to go and experience things for themselves. I encourage the OP to relocate to another African country, that's the only time his orientation about Nigeria will change, good luck OP

1 Like

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by seuncyrus(m): 1:34am On May 14, 2017
udemzyudex:

Lies from the pit of hell, forget about that revalue sh1t, naija naira still strong pass am.

Bro , Just see the image for urself. The devaluation that Nigeria refused to do is what they did ...the eliminated all the nonsense zeros we still have now

1 Like

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by seuncyrus(m): 12:54pm On May 14, 2017
Emmyk:

Talk is cheap. Why not go there and make that amount yourself?

900k cedis in 2 Years grin ...People are just so funny

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by obontami: 9:34am On May 16, 2017
BizBayo:

Bro, I love that country too, very beautiful. But what about jobs... and is that where u reside?

Nope, I don't reside there. But I have a couple of friends that have been there. And it's visa free for Nigeria nationals.
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by obontami: 9:35am On May 16, 2017
safarigirl:
Cape Berde is where I want to relocate to.

You stay there?
Nope!
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by BizBayo: 9:55am On May 16, 2017
obontami:

Nope, I don't reside there. But I have a couple of friends that have been there. And it's visa free for Nigeria nationals.

I won't mind if you can link me up with any of those friends of yours. Either living there or been there. I'll be glad.
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 10:21am On May 16, 2017
obontami:

I know their oficial language is portugese but do they by chance speak english too?Thank you.
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by NONSO740: 5:33pm On May 16, 2017
pls who has Seychelles contact
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Emmyk(m): 7:56pm On May 19, 2017
seuncyrus:

900k cedis in 2 Years grin ...People are just so funny
Lol. grin
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by odinga1of: 7:57pm On May 20, 2017
Arsenalholic1:
Op for the sake of your sanity, peace of mind and enjoyment go to Nairobi. RSA would have been a good option, but you never know who'll attack you even if you do a legit business there.

Apart from that, one thing you should know is that the name "Nigerian" keeps people on their toes. It's the result of what our criminal brothers have done o'er the years.

Even in Kenya, a lot of 'em actually detest (yes, I used that purposely) Nigerians. So you've to take it in your stride and prove that you're a different kettle of fish.

Accra is a good place too. But there are too many Nigerian internet fraudsters out there. I don't want you suffering for what you're not involved in -- from the look of things those guys are going to get some serious backlash from peace-loving Ghanaians soon.

All in all, wherever you're, remember the people back home and say a prayer for this country that God specially created to be great, but useless leaders came with other ideas. Maybe God will heal our land someday... Maybe not.

But never cease being a law abiding Nigerian.

All the best.

Boss I am currently in Accra right now, let me say 2months now. Can you elucidate more on the bolded? Thanks.
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by odinga1of: 8:03pm On May 20, 2017
safarigirl:
Cape Berde is where I want to relocate to.

You stay there?

There is nothing in Cape Verde.............They only stay on the beach and do fishing that's all. A friend of mine from Edo return from there 3years ago. But becareful in that country...................foreigners are always victim of circumstance.
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by corpROYAL(m): 2:53pm On May 24, 2017
Billyonaire:
OP, the best place to relocate to, is yourself. Yes.

There is no place that you will go to, that will be like the land of your birth. So, do this. Take stock of how much it will cost you to settle down and have a great life in any country of your choice and take exactly that cash to create yourself a little country where you are the President. Your Home. And Disconnect Emotionally, from the happenstances in Nigeria. View the happenings and comment on them as if it is foreign news. Generate your electricity from renewable source, produce your water and run your little country very smooth.

This is the ancient wisdom for today.

You had a point but you are talking as if is not money that he will use to set those things you mention up.
Note: some destiny are tie to their home countries were some are tie abroad. We have freedom to choose what we like and what we want to be.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 24, 2017
corpROYAL:

You had a point but you are talking as if is not money that he will use to set those things you mention up.
Note: some destiny are tie to their home countries were some are tie abroad. We have freedom to choose what we like and what we want to be.

Destiny is what becomes of you at your end, so your destiny isnt fixed, it is a possibility and you alone can choose a probability from the range of possibilities.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 05, 2017
Billyonaire:
OP, the best place to relocate to, is yourself. Yes.

There is no place that you will go to, that will be like the land of your birth. So, do this. Take stock of how much it will cost you to settle down and have a great life in any country of your choice and take exactly that cash to create yourself a little country where you are the President. Your Home. And Disconnect Emotionally, from the happenstances in Nigeria. View the happenings and comment on them as if it is foreign news. Generate your electricity from renewable source, produce your water and run your little country very smooth.

This is the ancient wisdom for today.
you're just too foolish. Aren't you?

1 Like

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 26, 2019
Bump
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Litmus: 9:15pm On Jan 19

You are truly wise but sometimes people need to go and experience things for themselves. I encourage the OP to relocate to another African country, that's the only time his orientation about Nigeria will change, good luck OP

You saved me writing. Let him and others travel to other African countries and learn for themselves. Eventually, he/she will find out why Nigerians abroad tend to be the ones that praise and love Nigeria more than those like him in Nigeria.

Oops, I guess I ended up writing afterall smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mexican Truck Carrying 107 US-bound Migrants Crashes. 54 Killed, Others Injured / Nigerian Man Yet To Be Located After Being Granted UK Residence Permit. Photo / What Is The Best Way To Get US Visiting Visa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.