Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,197 members, 7,839,072 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Nigerian Taekwondo Champion Seeks Crowd Support To Break Record - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Taekwondo Champion Seeks Crowd Support To Break Record (558 Views)

Walking The Taekwondo Journey / Football Fans Show Support To Carl Ikeme In England. PICS / Kenyan Football Fan Peels His Skin To Show Support To A Team (Disturbing) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Taekwondo Champion Seeks Crowd Support To Break Record by Pomare3: 8:14pm On May 12, 2017
A Nigerian martial artist, Santos Akhilele has taken to twitter to seek the help of fellow Nigerians in order to put the country’s name in the record books of Taekwondo.

He is working towards becoming the first Nigerian to win a medal in the highest level of Taekwondo in 25 years. Santos qualified to represent the country in the 68kg class at the 2017 World Taekwondo Championship billed for Muju, South Korea from June 24 to 30. shocked

However, the sport’s federation in Nigeria is short of funds so Santos is left to find funds on his own to attend the championship.

“I need to raise funds for my tickets and feeding for the event,” he said in a series of tweets on Thursday.

The martial artist has setup a GoFund Me account with a target of £2,000. So far he has only raised £35.

Santos said on his GoFundMe page: “The last time Nigeria won a medal at this event was a bronze in 1992. Nigeria has never been in the final of a world championship. I have everything it takes to win a medal for my country and make history at this event. I have also secured a spot at a high performance training camp in Shariah UAE with coach Abdullah Hatim who will guide me at the main event in South Korea.”

He asked Nigerians not to insult the sport minister in a bid to support him.

Lalasticala oro ree o

http://wuzupnigeria.com/2017/05/nigerian-martial-artist-taekwondo/

Re: Nigerian Taekwondo Champion Seeks Crowd Support To Break Record by Ajewealth123(m): 8:52pm On May 12, 2017
I go help am even if na with 10k
Him body na him body( ara e Lara e

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Think About This Before You Pay Anybody For Prediction / Punters Only / 5 Facts About The Legendary Nigeria Vs India Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.