Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein (3604 Views)

Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning / Jamie Foxx Calls Barack Hussein Obama "God" And Our Lord and Saviour' / Murder in the name of God - The slaying of Pope John Paul 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein by mrpataki(m): 11:17am On Feb 03, 2007
@ Alfa goodguy,
goodguy:

Suddenly, I've become an Alfa. How interesting! If speaking the truth is what qualifies me to be an Alfa, perhaps, only Alfas will see the kingdom of God! cheesy

Another of your misguided thought patterns again. What makes you think speaking the "supposed" truth of yours qualifies you for entrance into the Kingdom of God It is not by what you say, but by how you have lived your life!

goodguy:

I'm sitting already. Come and educate me, the Erudite one! wink

Stop been sarcastic here. If you dont know, too much of studying is a weariness to the flesh! I have a question for you, Do Muslims and Christians serve the same God?
Re: Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein by gbadex1(m): 11:26am On Feb 03, 2007
@mrpataki:

he thinks they do serve the same God, when the tenets and doctrine of both religions say otherwise.
Re: Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein by mrpataki(m): 11:36am On Feb 03, 2007
@ gbade.x,
I wont be suprised if indeed hes actually a muslim pillaging himself to be a christian.
Re: Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein by barikade: 11:53am On Feb 03, 2007
mrpataki:

I wont be suprised if indeed hes actually a muslim pillaging himself to be a christian.

You may not be far wrong, even though I may still have some persuasion that he could be a Christian. However, believers in Christ would not confess a deity that is antithetical to holiness and righteouness as being the very same God who sent His Son for our salvation.
Re: Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein by mrpataki(m): 12:10pm On Feb 03, 2007
@ bari_kade,
You are very right there. Though I enjoy his inputs too sometimes, but I want to know if indeed, hes actually what he professes he is.
Re: Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein by goodguy(m): 2:49pm On Feb 03, 2007
See these people o! grin

mrpataki:

@ Alfa goodguy,
Another of your misguided thought patterns again. What makes you think speaking the "supposed" truth of yours qualifies you for entrance into the Kingdom of God It is not by what you say, but by how you have lived your life!

I know that. I actually thought about that post when I left the PC, but it was too late to modify it. I knew someone was going to quote me before I get back.

mrpataki:

If you don't know, too much of studying is a weariness to the flesh!

Na lie! Dr. T. L. Osborn once said, "When you stop learning, you start dying". And Abraham Lincoln added that "When you stop learning, you're old, whether at 20 or at 80".

mrpataki:

I have a question for you, Do Muslims and Christians serve the same God?

Sure. wink
Re: Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein by goodguy(m): 2:51pm On Feb 03, 2007
bari_kade:

However, believers in Christ would not confess a deity that is antithetical to holiness and righteouness as being the very same God who sent His Son for our salvation.

That is where everyone misses the point! The Deity is not antithetical to holiness and righteousness, but the extremists only make it appear that way.
Re: Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 03, 2007
mrpataki wrote:
mrpataki:

Stop been sarcastic here. If you don't know, too much of studying is a weariness to the flesh! I have a question for you, Do Muslims and Christians serve the same God?

the "erudite" goodguy quickly interjected without much thought,

goodguy:

Na lie! Dr. T. L. Osborn once said, "When you stop learning, you start dying". And Abraham Lincoln added that "When you stop learning, you're old, whether at 20 or at 80".

Here is what the bible says:
Ecclesiastes 12:12
And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
Re: Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein by Radiant(f): 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2007
What sort of mourning is that? shocked
Re: Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein by goodguy(m): 3:19pm On Feb 03, 2007
David, thanks for the Bible verse . . I knew you had a bit of a nice character afterall. cheesy

Though I still don't think too much of studying harms the body in anyway. As a matter of fact, it helps you grow mentally! The more you study, the better for you! cool
Re: Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein by barikade: 5:25pm On Feb 03, 2007
@goodguy,

goodguy:

However, believers in Christ would not confess a deity that is antithetical to holiness and righteouness as being the very same God who sent His Son for our salvation.
That is where everyone misses the point! The Deity is not antithetical to holiness and righteousness, but the extremists only make it appear that way.

It's tedious going through all these matters again for the sake of argument. Readers on the Forum know for a certainty that the point cannot be missed - the Allah of the Qur'an gave leeway to Muhammad's questionable lifestyle.

You have often approached discussions from the premise that Christianity and Islam both worship the same God. My question is: If the God preached by Jesus Christ is the same preached by Muhammad, what is the explanation you have for the way Christ handled sexual purity and the antithetical way Muhammad treated the subject?
Re: Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein by mrpataki(m): 5:29pm On Feb 03, 2007
@ goodguy,
Go back and learn English a bit. I did not say when you stop learning, I said too much of it!
mrpataki:

If you don't know, too much of studying is a weariness to the flesh! I have a question for you, Do Muslims and Christians serve the same God?

goodguy:

I will get back to that nonsense in your head, that christians and muslims serve the same God.
Re: Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein by mrpataki(m): 5:31pm On Feb 03, 2007
@ Davidylan,
Thanks for that scripture. You beat me to it!
Re: Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein by mrpataki(m): 6:04pm On Feb 03, 2007
@ goodguy,
Henceforth, I choose to believe that you are nothing but a marauding muslim here.

Wow even the devil pulled the greatest stunt ever, making people to believe that he does not exist. You tried to pull that stunt with me, but I can see in between the lines.
Re: Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein by goodguy(m): 6:57pm On Feb 03, 2007
mrpataki:

@ goodguy,
Henceforth, I choose to believe that you are nothing but a marauding muslim here.

And you are. . .?  Anyway, you're free to choose whatever you want to believe brother.  It's a free world afterall.  And even if I'm a Muslim, does that change anything?  Does your belief of me being a Muslim secure you a place in Heaven?  Is it all of you that know virtually all verses in the Bible, quote Bible offhand and shout Lord, Lord, the loudest that will see the Kingdom of God?  You see, there are more pressing issues for you face as a Christian, my friend, rather than attach a religion to me.  wink

mrpataki:

Wow even the devil pulled the greatest stunt ever, making people to believe that he does not exist. You tried to pull that stunt with me, but I can see in between the lines.

Are you sure? wink

Asalamualaikum, my brethren! cool
Re: Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein by LagosShia: 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2011
i was replying to the same issue at hand when i saw this thread in the bottom of my screen.ofcourse when this topic was started i was not a nairaland member.so since i have replied to this topic elsewhere,i will simply post the link of the more recent thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-697223.0.html

and for "Davidylan" who is asking in this thread:

Where are these verses in the bible that support self harm in the bible? Maybe i'm reading mine upside down!

you can have fun with this:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651811.0.html
Re: Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein by LagosShia: 12:45pm On Jun 28, 2011
pictures of christians re-enacting the alleged "cruci-fixion" of Jesus by actually crucifying themselves:

[img]http://s4.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20110422&t=2&i=395224975&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=700&pl=300&r=2011-04-22T133721Z_01_BTRE73L11UC00_RTROPTP_0_PHILIPPINES-CRUCIFIXIONS[/img]

[img]http://s4.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20110422&t=2&i=395224972&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=700&pl=300&r=2011-04-22T133721Z_01_BTRE73L0PT900_RTROPTP_0_PHILIPPINES-CRUCIFIXIONS[/img]

[img]http://s3.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20110422&t=2&i=395224976&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=700&pl=300&r=2011-04-22T133721Z_01_BTRE73L0SIQ00_RTROPTP_0_PHILIPPINES-CRUCIFIXION[/img]

[img]http://s3.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20110422&t=2&i=395224973&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=700&pl=300&r=2011-04-22T133721Z_01_BTRE73L11UD00_RTROPTP_0_PHILIPPINES-CRUCIFIXION[/img]

[img]http://s4.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20110422&t=2&i=395224974&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=700&pl=300&r=2011-04-22T133721Z_01_BTRE73L0PT800_RTROPTP_0_PHILIPPINES-CRUCIFIXIONS[/img]

[img]http://s4.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20110422&t=2&i=395224971&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=700&pl=300&r=2011-04-22T133721Z_01_BTRE73L11UE00_RTROPTP_0_PHILIPPINES[/img]

[img]http://s3.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20110422&t=2&i=395224978&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=700&pl=300&r=2011-04-22T133721Z_01_BTRE73L11UF00_RTROPTP_0_PHILIPPINES-CRUCIFIXION[/img]

here is the news item for the above pictures.it took place in the phillipines.but it also happens in mexico.

(Reuters Life!) - Nearly two dozen Filipinos were nailed to crosses to re-enact the passion of Jesus Christ on Good Friday, in what they see as an extreme display of devotion but which the Roman Catholic Church criticizes as a distortion of the Easter message.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/22/us-philippines-crucifxions-idUSTRE73L0XU20110422

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1582212/Easter-warning-crucifixion-is-bad-for-you.html
Re: Mourning The Slaying Of Imam Hussein by captainspear(m): 7:54am On May 28, 2021
People this has absolutely nothing to do with religion! Islam or otherwise, this act is purely political, when the prophet muhammad (pbuh) died his relatives and some big names had a very bloody power tussle about who his successor would be cos he did not verbally name a successo, and after some controversial selections the prophets grandson came of age and was next in line but when Hussein set out from Mecca to meet his supporters in Kufa (modern day Iraq), he and his family were massacred by Umayyad troops at the Battle of Karbala.
ABOUT THE RITUAL OF FLAGELLATION
the shi'a were a religious minority who believed that Ali the prophet muhammad (pbuh) son-in-law was his intended successor as caliph and that only those descended from the prophet were true caliphs, yet going against the majority and bigger army of Yazid the successor of the Umayyad was a risk the shi'a of Kufa could not take leaving husayn to be assassinated, after his death the “Shi’at Ali,” or “the party of Ali” at Kufa felt such great shame for turning their backs on the true caliph and so during Islamic month of Muharram by Shi'a and on the tenth day of the month also known as the Day of Ashura Shi'a Muslims mourn, hold public processions, organize religious gathering, beat their chests and in some cases self-flagellate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Did Jesus Get Into Jerusalem: On One Or Two Donkeys? / Can Pastor Oyedepo Be Part Of Ritualist? Is Pastor Adeboye Saved? / Why Did Jesus Come???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.