Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,174 members, 7,842,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi (59459 Views)

An Eyewitness Account Of PDP NW Presidential Rally, By Auwal Mustapha Imam / Babangida To Saraki: 'I Will Do To You What Your Father Did To Me' / Halimat Ibrahim Babangida To Wed Auwal Lawal Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by Tamarapetty(f): 8:59am On May 13, 2017
mtchew, today is my birthday o lipsrsealed
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by Ishilove: 9:01am On May 13, 2017
legitnow:
The nexttime i hear yoruba try to railroad igbo culture, i will not hesitate to draw their attention to this Hausa thread.

Yoruba are backward people and envious of Igbo advancement. ishilove wat do u have to say about this?
This is not marriage but a political arrangement
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by davidortega: 9:03am On May 13, 2017
dealslip:

Those beautiful years are gone, doesn't look like they are coming back. You could sleep in a strangers house in the North, South, East or West of Nigeria and you will be treated so well like they have known you before.

Really?
Was it that good then?
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by mosez346(m): 9:04am On May 13, 2017
Ah! e be like say dis man sell her pickin ooooo....d pride is too much naw
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by muhammed10: 9:07am On May 13, 2017
Hi Sunday
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by davidortega: 9:07am On May 13, 2017
Tamarapetty:

Happy birthday to you. God bless you.
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by maxysmith(f): 9:08am On May 13, 2017
better....... no wonder u said is cheap
if any single lady should say it nah for her papa house she go remain till eternity grin
rheether:

Yeah

1 Like

Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by olab059(m): 9:10am On May 13, 2017
dealslip:
I remember when Halima was born. They had this girl when IBB was on the throne. Infact that year, she was the 1st baby of the year. I was in Primary 6 or so then. How time flies.

Me I was in Primary 4. Hmm! So you senior me with two years.
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by linearity: 9:11am On May 13, 2017
Impressive.
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by victorazy(m): 9:12am On May 13, 2017
he is a greedy man. what do he want do with 500k and cow.
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by legitnow: 9:15am On May 13, 2017
Ishilove:

This is not marriage but a political arrangement

My sister Bride price in kenya is paid with cows.

That is y i wonder why purchasing merriment is a big deal for some people. Just a list of merriment for the occasion.
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by Babzeeto(m): 9:15am On May 13, 2017
I am a Nigerlite. I was so privilaged to have schooled in El-Amin international school, Minna. A school owned by her Mother (Maryam Babangida). Halima happened to be a student in that school as well. I was in same class with her (primary1) per-say. kiss
That was around 1990-91 or so, after going thru nursery as well.
Her mother was a very good woman. There was free meal for all pupils.grin

Halima my friend, Happy married life! cheesycheesy tonguetongue
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by Charly68: 9:16am On May 13, 2017
Baba IBB ! Baba IBB !! Haba! This bride price & token of 10 cows is too much ooo,a common man no fit marry from your family at all.. Abi where would he get all this demand & am sure each of the cows can't be less than 100k each . Imagine! You people are not making this country easy for young guys anymore . Why do you keep increasing the stake every time. Your Generations have no plan for the coming ones ooo.

1 Like

Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by hakim92(m): 9:19am On May 13, 2017
Marotzke:
Weekend concord reported then that she was named Alimat. When the thing changed to Halima,they forgot to tell us.
One year later Gideon Orka,Roland Empere, Saliba Mukoro ,Ovedje Ogboru struck.
A terrified IBB abandoned his wife and young daughter and ran 440.
Colonel UK Bello died defending his boss.
It also marked the rise of Colonel Ishaya Bamaiyi. He and Abubakar Umar led battalions of loyal troops to crush the coupists.
Two years later, the panicky IBB relocated the seat of power from Dodan barracks lagos to Aso Rock Abuja.
Hmnn , how time flies.

The reason why the Orkah bloody coup failed was because the plotter failed, or forgot, to disconnect the telephone lines. Every other things were perfectly orchestrated, even the fastidious and Conscientious IBB regime didn't not know the coup was being plan right under their nose, Lagos mainland. The coup plotter used a secluded and deserted swampy area in ikorodu to strategise and plan the coup. The coup was carried out on Monday, it was a public holiday. All the APC and tanks in dodan barrack, seat of government then, in Lagos have been rendered in ineffective so that the security details of IBB will not have something to rely on to fight back. ibb was almost gunned down in his room by the fearless and rampaging coupists. They have almost overrun the government house, they have already seized the broadcasting house in Ikoyi to announce the the change of government via radio, when ABACHA who was a key stalwart in IBB govt got wind of the whole situation via a telephone call, he he made frantic phone calls to the military division for reinforcement, the reinforcement came with full force with superior men and firepower. The coupists were outnumbered and were later overwhelmed by superior ammunition. The were arrested and executed.
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by sukkot: 9:21am On May 13, 2017
dealslip:

Yes there was contentment and love. I miss those golden days. When our parents taught us discipline and hardwork. Children played without fear of strangers. When even strangers cared about you and you about them. Where people offered help without social media announcements, when dressing scantily was an abomination to which parents cried for days for such a child. When dying People in accident were helped to hospital immediately without selfie with a dying person in need of dire help. Sigh. Where are those sweet calm days.
its not like that anymore ?
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by gozzlin: 9:24am On May 13, 2017
Marotzke:
Weekend concord reported then that she was named Alimat. When the thing changed to Halima,they forgot to tell us.
It also marked the rise of Colonel Ishaya Bamaiyi. He and Abubakar Umar led battalions of loyal troops to crush the coupists.
Two years later, the panicky IBB relocated the seat of power from Dodan barracks lagos to Aso Rock Abuja.
Hmnn , how time flies.

Oh how I love history!

Thanks for taking us on a short but interesting journey through time. I was very little when all this went down. If there was thing I remember vividly about IBB, it was the much talked about myth that he was invincible and once changed into an ant and crept away when some assassins came for him. The man still revels in that air of invincibility till today as successive governments have failed to bring him to book on account of the widespread human rights abuses championed by his brutal regime. Not to mention the looting of epic proportions entrenched by his administration. I guess only God will bring him to book.

1 Like

Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by dimeji877(m): 9:24am On May 13, 2017
Babzeeto:
I am a Nigerlite. I was so privilaged to have schooled in El-Amin international school, Minna. A school owned by her Mother (Maryam Babangida). Halima happened to be a student in that school as well. I was in same class with her (primary1) per-say. kiss
That was around 1990-91 or so, after going thru nursery as well.
Her mother was a very good woman. There was free meal for all pupils.grin

Halima my friend, Happy married life! cheesycheesy tonguetongue

Egbon why are u lying

Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by idris4r83(m): 9:25am On May 13, 2017
dealslip:
I remember when Halima was born. They had this girl when IBB was on the throne. Infact that year, she was the 1st baby of the year. I was in Primary 6 or so then. How time flies.
like seriously
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by olab059(m): 9:27am On May 13, 2017
Marotzke:
Hmnn , how time flies.

Are you sure? In a 2014 interview, IBB said he didn't leave Dodan barracks throughout the coup.
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by hmuhammad(m): 9:30am On May 13, 2017
dealslip:
you are either 36 or 37 years old

1 Like

Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by koning: 9:31am On May 13, 2017
N500,000 and 10 cows!!. Let me see the idioot that will come here again to say the Igbo bride price is too high. And na de 3rd wife sef..
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by rheether(f): 9:31am On May 13, 2017
maxysmith:
better....... no wonder u said is cheap
if any single lady should say it nah for her papa house she go remain till eternity grin

LOL, the problem is not even the bride price but the wedding proper..
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by Mcowubaba: 9:32am On May 13, 2017
Tamarapetty:
Come to m'y house, make we celebrate am..
I go give you 100K wink grin
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by Nobody: 9:33am On May 13, 2017
Blue3k:
500k and 10 cows. Do they resell the cows or eat them during wedding.
That's over 1million naira, na so bride price dey cost rich abi cos them be senior men them.
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by gozzlin: 9:33am On May 13, 2017
dealslip:

Awww! Indeed, how time flies! Little you of that year is now a full grown woman, at least ten years older than Halima. smiley
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by Lionofdjungle: 9:34am On May 13, 2017
sarrki:

Whao! !!!!!!!

Life was sweeter then

There was contentment in the society

Love was shared among all

God have mercy on us all
As at the time you said life was sweeter, many were still complaining. The same would happen in the next ten years;people will be referring to this time as sweeter and better.

2 Likes

Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by Topmaike007(m): 9:44am On May 13, 2017
IBB THE THIEF SO HE FINALLY DO LIKE OUR HIS HOLINESS
Re: Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi by dogoFara(f): 9:51am On May 13, 2017
The northerners arguably have the most expensive bride price in Nigeria. The kanuri mostly pay in gold, but this isn't too known because of less Publicity.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Michael Nwokolo, A Police DSP With Unbelievable Stack Of Qualifications / Tinubu Begins Distribution Of Rice To Kano Residents (Photo) / Top Politicians' Names In A Shrine In Zamfara Discovered By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.