Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

National Outcry!!! In A Country Where Citizens Are Unable To Eat 2-square Meals, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Outcry!!! In A Country Where Citizens Are Unable To Eat 2-square Meals, (843 Views)

Kwara Govt Starts Rehabilitating Moro Bridge After Public Outcry / Oby Ezekwesili Supports Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde's Outcry / Outcry As Saraki, Dogara Sit On Late Legislators Seats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Outcry!!! In A Country Where Citizens Are Unable To Eat 2-square Meals, by mcebisco04: 11:16pm On May 12, 2017
Despite public criticisms against the National Assembly’s huge budget, details obtained by Post-Nigeria, show that the 8th Assembly has increased its budget from N115 billion in 2016, to an aggregate of N125 billion this year, making an additional whopping sum of N10,000,000,000 increment.
In the budget President Muhammadu Buhari presented to the joint sitting of the Senate and House of Representatives, in December 2016, the sum of N125 billion was proposed, showing a difference of N10 billion, an amount that could fund some Ministries, Departments and Agencie, MDAs, for a year.
The breakdown of the proposed budget shows a total sum of N23,789,787,880, as total personnel costs, the sum of N85,878,619,888, as total overhead costs, while the sum of http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2017/05/national-outcry-in-country-where.html

Re: National Outcry!!! In A Country Where Citizens Are Unable To Eat 2-square Meals, by Elkay3: 11:23pm On May 12, 2017
That's why I pity those who comes to shout names of those senators. They're all the same. No tangible project, bogus pay.
For one thing, Nigeria don't even need 2 chambers.
Re: National Outcry!!! In A Country Where Citizens Are Unable To Eat 2-square Meals, by Franzinni: 11:25pm On May 12, 2017
Is it possible to jazz a whole country and if so what kind of sacrifice do you need.... A plane load of people and crash it? Or what?

Because it is like this polithiefians.. Have jazzed nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Outcry!!! In A Country Where Citizens Are Unable To Eat 2-square Meals, by slimfit1(m): 11:31pm On May 12, 2017
Saraki is going to destroy Nigeria like he did to Kwara.
Re: National Outcry!!! In A Country Where Citizens Are Unable To Eat 2-square Meals, by mikolo80: 2:57am On May 13, 2017
Elkay3:
That's why I pity those who comes to shout names of those senators. They're all the same. No tangible project, bogus pay.
For one thing, Nigeria don't even need 2 chambers.
rice sharing is not a tangle project. clearly you don't know how democrat and politics works. we really really really need two chambers for checks and balances
Re: National Outcry!!! In A Country Where Citizens Are Unable To Eat 2-square Meals, by mikolo80: 2:58am On May 13, 2017
Franzinni:
Is it possible to jazz a whole country and if so what kind of sacrifice do you need.... A plane load of people and crash it? Or what?

Because it is like this polithiefians.. Have jazzed nigeria.
no he's just psychology
Re: National Outcry!!! In A Country Where Citizens Are Unable To Eat 2-square Meals, by Elkay3: 9:13am On May 13, 2017
mikolo80:
rice sharing is not a tangle project. clearly you don't know how democrat and politics works. we really really really need two chambers for checks and balances

Well, I may not "clearly know how democrat and politics works" as you do...I accept that. But I do know, that countries that practice Unicameralism are more than those that practice Bicameralism in numbers. And they're doing fine and mostly better, politically, economically, than us. Did their democracy becomes less of a balanced or without checks?

What exact role do the 2 house play? House of Senate is filled with old men who have held one public or the other, people who are still collecting pension from their former positions. Look at their list and confirm what I'm saying.

Then what about the house of representatives? Mostly younger than those in the upper house. But when do their voice carries a legal backing? Why can't they pass bill themselves, but only provide assisting capacity? Before you do think they make law also, please enlighten me on one law they'd made so far...

You think their won't be checks n balance merge them into one house or scrap the Senate?
Re: National Outcry!!! In A Country Where Citizens Are Unable To Eat 2-square Meals, by mikolo80: 3:24pm On May 13, 2017
Elkay3:

Well, I may not "clearly know how democrat and politics works" as you do...I accept that.

o my goodness
my auto-correct fall my hand
clearly you have won this debate with superior argument
even though you admit you don't know
wow

But I do know, that countries that practice Unicameralism are more than those that practice Bicameralism in numbers.

are they homogeneous or poly tribal

And they're doing fine and mostly better, politically, economically, than us.

and you mistake correlation for causality ba?

Did their democracy becomes less of a balanced or without checks?

Huh?
see what I did there

What exact role do the 2 house play?

google is truly your friend o
or any government textbook

House of Senate is filled with old men who have held one public or the other, people who are still collecting pension from their former positions. Look at their list and confirm what I'm saying.

so

Then what about the house of representatives? Mostly younger than those in the upper house. But when do their voice carries a legal backing?

funny you don't know but are beating your chest about it

Why can't they pass bill themselves, but only provide assisting capacity?

na WA o
even if you're a science student...... you're supposed to be educated
abi you be hyenana type pesin?

Before you do think they make law also, please enlighten me on one law they'd made so far...

they don't make laws
they are part of the process of making laws
lower chamber
higher chamber
executive
heck even judiciary weighs in from time to time

You think their

there, not their

won't be checks n balance

no comma, no fullstop

merge them into one house or scrap the Senate?
why not disappear them in altogether
we kuku don't need any oversight.
we have a bad driver, let's scrap the Bugatti
Re: National Outcry!!! In A Country Where Citizens Are Unable To Eat 2-square Meals, by Elkay3: 5:18pm On May 13, 2017
mikolo80:

o my goodness
my auto-correct fall my hand
clearly you have won this debate with superior argument
even though you admit you don't know
wow

are they homogeneous or poly tribal

and you mistake correlation for causality ba?

Huh?
see what I did there

google is truly your friend o
or any government textbook

so

funny you don't know but are beating your chest about it

na WA o
even if you're a science student...... you're supposed to be educated
abi you be hyenana type pesin?

they don't make laws
they are part of the process of making laws
lower chamber
higher chamber
executive
heck even judiciary weighs in from time to time

there, not their

no comma, no fullstop

why not disappear them in altogether
we kuku don't need any oversight.
we have a bad driver, let's scrap the Bugatti

I'm just seeing your response. Thank you.
Re: National Outcry!!! In A Country Where Citizens Are Unable To Eat 2-square Meals, by mikolo80: 8:27pm On May 13, 2017
Elkay3:

I'm just seeing your response. Thank you.
everytime

(1) (Reply)

Sad News: The Commandant Of OCHA BRIGADE, Chief Kenneth Okonkwo Is Dead / What Permissions And Licences Do I Need To Repair A Local Road In My Area / 5 Reasons Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Silent or Step Down For Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.