Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,505 members, 7,865,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:38 PM

Lagos Taskforce Team Destroyed Boats Of Sand Sellers In Ilaje Bariga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Taskforce Team Destroyed Boats Of Sand Sellers In Ilaje Bariga (966 Views)

Lagos Taskforce Intercepts Truck With 123 Men, 48 Bikes / "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries / Lagos Set To Commission Modern Ferry Terminal, New Ilaje-Bariga Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Taskforce Team Destroyed Boats Of Sand Sellers In Ilaje Bariga by Tripleoluwa(m): 8:37am On May 13, 2017
The 12th of May 2017 was a very bad day for registered United Sand Dealers in Ilaje Bariga Lagos. Since Jan 2016, the Lagos govt stopped the sand dealers from working- reasons best known to them. Just yesterday the Lagos TaskForce Monitoring team besieged the Ilaje Sand Depot, with armed mobile policemen, sporadically shooting in the air and fierce looking thugs, baring all sorts of instruments to demolish boats and sand dredging equipments.

My mom and other women who represent over 90% of the sand sellers have been bitter since yesterday. The country is in recession, the economy is in the doldrums. Working class people are complaining not to mention people whose means of livelihood just got abruptly ended without any alternatives. I'm a 32yrs jobless graduate. My only current means of meeting my physiological needs is to do touting for my mom; now that this has happened, all looks bleak and hopless. And it was from this sand selling biz that my mom sent 6 out of her 7 children through various tertiary institutions.

If you are out there reading this be it human right activists, human right lawyers, political and social comentators et al, please help us. Personaly, I don't even know what to do. I'm unemployed and helpless. I don't even know what would become of me and other people whose livelihood is dependent on the sand biz.

Re: Lagos Taskforce Team Destroyed Boats Of Sand Sellers In Ilaje Bariga by Tripleoluwa(m): 8:50am On May 13, 2017
This is heart-wrenching and very bad. my mom and other women have been shadows of themselves since yesterday. anytime i want to go for any interview, she would give me money for transport. looking at her now make me really sad. She pays her tax to d govt o.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Team Destroyed Boats Of Sand Sellers In Ilaje Bariga by Tripleoluwa(m): 8:50am On May 13, 2017
This is heart-wrenching and very bad. my mom and other women have been shadows of themselves since yesterday. anytime i want to go for any interview, she would give me money for transport. looking at her now make me really sad. She pays her tax to d govt o.

Re: Lagos Taskforce Team Destroyed Boats Of Sand Sellers In Ilaje Bariga by Nobody: 9:14am On May 13, 2017
Take heart man, that is the fruit of chanji govt
Re: Lagos Taskforce Team Destroyed Boats Of Sand Sellers In Ilaje Bariga by Tripleoluwa(m): 11:16am On May 13, 2017
comradejudism:
Take heart man, that is the fruit of chanji govt

no b small thing o. My mom woke up this morning with her right doing somehow. i just weak
Re: Lagos Taskforce Team Destroyed Boats Of Sand Sellers In Ilaje Bariga by obonujoker(m): 11:28am On May 13, 2017
Eeya....
Re: Lagos Taskforce Team Destroyed Boats Of Sand Sellers In Ilaje Bariga by Tripleoluwa(m): 9:24pm On May 13, 2017
obonujoker:
Eeya....

No b small thing bros
Re: Lagos Taskforce Team Destroyed Boats Of Sand Sellers In Ilaje Bariga by Kinzman(m): 2:40pm On Oct 08, 2019
Tripleoluwa:

Hope the government has allowed them to continue with their business?

No b small thing bros

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Umahi Desolves 64 Development Centre Coordinators / ‘a Camera In Aso Rock Captured Abiola’s Death, Al-mustapha / Afinere Accused IGP Of Supply Weapons To Northerners Ahead Of Oct1 Masacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.