Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,857 members, 7,817,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? (31715 Views)

Time To Stop Betting As Year 2017 Ends / Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year / Vote For Victor Moses As BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Collins10(m): 2:31pm On May 13, 2017
LePrezident:
How? Where there's Sadio Mane.
Don't mind them. Moses kor! Aaron ni!

2 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Collins10(m): 2:35pm On May 13, 2017
igbsam:

Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! Make una no vex na. See mentions o!

Na Error grin
Taa! Dont even lie. Tell us you thought Kante was African. Lying worsens the situation. How can you call what you typed and sent an error? If na mouth you use talk am now, we for say na slip of tongue. Haba, Oga!!!
Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by robosky02(m): 2:35pm On May 13, 2017
godquality:
Funny question. because Chelsea won league abi? Anyway Africa no get quality players anymore so if he win i no go surprise.

check his performance with the super eagle he single handedly wrack Algeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3YdlSgonzw
Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Emilord(m): 2:37pm On May 13, 2017
VeeVeeMyLuv:

how many goals did ongolo kante score before clinching the coveted PFA?

i was just making an analogy that his closest rival is Aubumenyang. And by the way,PFA is not in the same category with african best player award. One is for club level alone while the other is for both club and national team performance.

1 Like

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Collins10(m): 2:40pm On May 13, 2017
MetaHuman:
premier league
And still a big chance for fa

Now what did sadio and aubameyang achieve?
Lol. Has Omeruo not won the league with Chelsea once? Why was he not given the award when Yaya won it? Omeruo too small sef. Why was Mikel not given the award when Yaya won it, despite Mikel winning a double and Yaya winning nothing? Una never see anything. You will see Mane and Aubameyang and still pick Moses When they had better seasons than Moses individually? Una biased nature shaa.

2 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by robosky02(m): 2:40pm On May 13, 2017
Emilord:
i was just making an analogy that his closest rival is Aubumenyang. And by the way,PFA is not in the same category with african best player award. One is for club level alone while the other is for both club and national team performance.

Moses has been consistent for both club and country

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Temysteve(m): 2:42pm On May 13, 2017
TheMainMan:
well trophy wise... he does

buh d prob is he played as a right wing back.... though consistent... no one really notice a right-wing back

if he were to b a striker or a winger and more goals to his name... nothing can stop hin
how many goals did N'golo kante scores before he won the PFA player of the year?
Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Emilord(m): 2:45pm On May 13, 2017
robosky02:

Moses has been consistent for both club and country
Exactly,that was my initial arguement.
Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by iluvpomo(m): 2:49pm On May 13, 2017
Moses all the way ....
Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by safarigirl(f): 2:50pm On May 13, 2017
ednut1:
dey watch na, which map liberia dey when Weah won world best. Wanyama was influencial in dat spurs midfield, wetin kanoute or Adebayor win when dey collect APOTY
oh influential enough to come second, but the player who took up a position he had NEVER played before this season and BOSSED it leading to his team WINNING the EPL should not take APOTY?

You want to compare Wanyama to Weah? Wanyama that did not outscore Dele Alli in his team, abinnonbe MF den dey play together?

Influential indeed. Wanyama will not even see CAF TOP 2.....Issa Hayatou isn't there to dash anybody free award like he dashed his francophone brothers
Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by iluvpomo(m): 2:52pm On May 13, 2017
igbsam:

When Kante is there ?

He should try more

I'm not a chelsea's fan. But Kante deserves it even more. Lifting the Trophy back to back.
You deserve two slaps back to back, for your inability to research something as simple as nationality.

You must be a gunner grin
Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by donbenie(m): 2:53pm On May 13, 2017
LePrezident:

And you expect winning a European league to have much sway in the selection of an African Player of the year especially when an African Cup of Nations was played in the same year? Should the English premiership hold so much sway and be a determining factor over the MVP of a larger continent that doesnt have England in it's make-up? Isn't this mental slavery and neo-colonialism?
Recent past experiences have shown that the Nations Cup doesn't have much sway when it comes to the African Footballer of the Year Awards or when was the last time an AFCON winner won the Award?..it may not be ideal but that is a discussion for another day..the reality on the ground is that winning a major European League Title or simply having a great European League season can fetch you the Award..

1 Like

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Elmojiid(m): 2:56pm On May 13, 2017
taaa...winners chapel ni o
Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Nathanieloo7(m): 2:57pm On May 13, 2017
noooooo aubameyang and sadio mane are ahead

1 Like

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by donbenie(m): 2:59pm On May 13, 2017
shegxi:
what did moses achieve?
He WON the English Premiership,that's WHAT..
Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by safarigirl(f): 3:00pm On May 13, 2017
Collins10:
Lol. Has Omeruo not won the league with Chelsea once? Why was he not given the award when Yaya won it? Omeruo too small sef. Why was Mikel not given the award when Yaya won it, despite Mikel winning a double and Yaya winning nothing? Una never see anything. You will see Mane and Aubameyang and still pick Moses When they had better seasons than Moses individually? Una biased nature shaa.
if you want to talk of bias, then you can mention Yaya Toure winning that award in 2013 as biased.

You Nigerians just hate yourselves so much that you cannot stand the thought of one of your own actually winning something he merited. Even with Moses' stellar performance this season, conquering a role he was largely unfamiliar with, you still say his individual performance was below par? Because he didn't score 20 goals and above? Did we not watch Chelsea crumble in his absence? Was he not vital to their EPL win?

Thank God that corrupt rat, Hayatou is out, his work was to give CAF APOTY to Francophone players every year. He just brainwashed some of you into thinking anything was fair.

The way you people always bring down your players even when they deserve accolades is pathetic. Moses that scored a brace against Algeria and was a total beast for you and you belittle his achievement, for what?

4 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Monk92(m): 3:04pm On May 13, 2017
LePrezident:
How? Where there's Sadio Mane.

Sadio who... Yea ryt I am also dere
Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by ednut1(m): 3:06pm On May 13, 2017
safarigirl:
oh influential enough to come second, but the player who took up a position he had NEVER played before this season and BOSSED it leading to his team WINNING the EPL should not take APOTY?

You want to compare Wanyama to Weah? Wanyama that did not outscore Dele Alli in his team, abinnonbe MF den dey play together?

Influential indeed. Wanyama will not even see CAF TOP 2.....Issa Hayatou isn't there to dash anybody free award like he dashed his francophone brothers
i hear u. Naso una dey talk about non existent francophone conspiracy. Dis naija women not beat cameroun for der house of recent. Abi gambia liberia ghana and Niger wey no be francophone dey collabo grin

1 Like

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by godquality: 3:11pm On May 13, 2017
robosky02:

check his performance with the super eagle he single handedly wrack Algeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3YdlSgonzw
agreed with you but 1 game doesn't determine player of the year.

2 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by sepalapen(m): 3:20pm On May 13, 2017
shegxi:
I think it is between mane, moses and aubamayang.......any one can win.
none of the contende r won any trophy so i think moses deserve it
Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Collins10(m): 3:31pm On May 13, 2017
safarigirl:
if you want to talk of bias, then you can mention Yaya Toure winning that award in 2013 as biased.

You Nigerians just hate yourselves so much that you cannot stand the thought of one of your own actually winning something he merited. Even with Moses' stellar performance this season, conquering a role he was largely unfamiliar with, you still say his individual performance was below par? Because he didn't score 20 goals and above? Did we not watch Chelsea crumble in his absence? Was he not vital to their EPL win?

Thank God that corrupt rat, Hayatou is out, his work was to give CAF APOTY to Francophone players every year. He just brainwashed some of you into thinking anything was fair.

The way you people always bring down your players even when they deserve accolades is pathetic. Moses that scored a brave against Algeria and was a total beast for you and you belittle his achievement, for what?

Lol. Oh please, when did Liverpool's title challenge crumble? Was it not when Mane went fot nations cup? He returned and Liverpool were on course to easily secure a champions league place. He got injured again and they are now struggling to achieve that. As we talk now, Auba has scored a goal. Chelsea collapsing because Moses was not there is not special. The simple reason why Liverpool could not fight Chelsea for the PL is Mane! Imagine Dortmund without Auba's goals. And you say I dont like my fellow Nigerians? Simply because I dont buy into your ridiculous philosophy? As if Mane paid me to campaign for him! Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Fogman(m): 3:34pm On May 13, 2017
For you to be crown African best, you are expected to have been extra ordinary, which I believe Moses is not. Truly Moses performance is wonderful this season but in my opinion he has not done enough to be crown African best. I expect African best to be among top 5 in the world, with reference to Etoo, Weah, etc Our compatriot is not among top 100 players in the world

2 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by kullozone(m): 3:55pm On May 13, 2017
LePrezident:

Congrats to you as you play an active role in fostering neo-colonialism.

Are you really mad or just practising madness
Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by ychris: 4:01pm On May 13, 2017
Ayblaize:

grin grin grin grin.....i Don upload am for my whatsapp status and whatsapp groups...This will make my day grin
. grin grin will modify it asap

1 Like

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by safarigirl(f): 4:27pm On May 13, 2017
Collins10:
Lol. Oh please, when did Liverpool's title challenge crumble? Was it not when Mane went fot nations cup? He returned and Liverpool were on course to easily secure a champions league place. He got injured again and they are now struggling to achieve that. As we talk now, Auba has scored a goal. Chelsea collapsing because Moses was not there is not special. The simple reason why Liverpool could not fight Chelsea for the PL is Mane! Imagine Dortmund without Auba's goals. And you say I dont like my fellow Nigerians? Simply because I dont buy into your ridiculous philosophy? As if Mane paid me to campaign for him! Lol.
you are just like the average Nigerian.

You will reject your own no matter what. This is the same trash your ilk spewed in 2013 and more, so we know you people very well.

Victor Moses was every bit as instrumental as anyone else, just because he wasn't injured half the season and away on AFCOM does not reduce his input. Dortmund dis not win Bundesliga upon all the Auba's goals, so? And I did not see Auba's awesomeness at the AFCON, Mane was MIA against SA as well.

All three were influential, the difference is, ONE won a trophy and did it playing an unnatural position at that. Yet, you want to sing Mane's praises, someone you would trash if he were Nigerian.

Let Nigeria qualify for World Cup first, then we'll see the Mane you are going on about. That will be the ultimate.

I'd yoi want to talk of contender, bring up Salah's name and I will take you seriously, the rest just makes you look like the anti-naija robots

2 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Godlovesme521: 4:28pm On May 13, 2017
shegxi:
I think it is between mane, moses and aubamayang.......any one can win.
moses winning it will be a tough one..wen this two clinical strikers de here

1 Like

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by safarigirl(f): 4:29pm On May 13, 2017
ednut1:
i hear u. Naso una dey talk about non existent francophone conspiracy. Dis naija women not beat cameroun for der house of recent. Abi gambia liberia ghana and Niger wey no be francophone dey collabo grin
women football, really?

This one is clueless. You can join us on our Super Eagles thread whenever you're ready to enlighten yourself on African football

1 Like

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by ednut1(m): 4:32pm On May 13, 2017
safarigirl:
women football, really?

This one is clueless. You can join us on our Super Eagles thread whenever you're ready to enlighten yourself on African football
for ur mind

1 Like

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by lamarrj(m): 4:33pm On May 13, 2017
Moses will win Africa best player before Mane
Now or in the future.

And Omeruo did not win the league with Chelsea, dude was on loan at Middlesbrough.
Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Lescott7(m): 4:40pm On May 13, 2017
He deserves it. He was a key man in the Conte superb 3-4-3 formation
Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by skywalker001(m): 4:43pm On May 13, 2017
even mikel that won champions league with nations cup wasn't consider good enough...

Caf is corrupt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics / Arsenal To Face Real Madrid & Bayern Munich (see Details) / Top 5 Footballers Halloween Costumes : Luis Garcia & Evra Scares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.