Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. (1404 Views)

How Come Igbos Do Not Give Money To Street Beggars / We Igbos Do Not Support Operation Amotekun / Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by pchukwudi: 12:16pm On May 13, 2017
This is in response to your op ed here: https://www.nairaland.com/3795771/igbos-need-stop-acting-like

As I mentioned there...

Here are few things to note quickly:

1) We do not need any dumb alliance with any devil to make it.

2) Wake up to the fact that there is ZERO hope for this contraption as it is currently structured.

3) All round COLLECTIVE-self-assertion is the way to go for the Igbos.

4) It's time to isolate, assert and master our COLLECTIVE-id. That's the key to self-sufficiency. China did it. Australia did it. Singapore did it. The Jews have been doing it forever. So, bleep the Nigerian politics. This is a global village.

5) Harness your COLLECTIVE-stregnths, entrench your collective-idividuality, assert your collective-self-sufficiency, and all will court your COLLECTIVE-attention.

6) You cannot synergize inter-dependently with folks who think you are needy.

7) Bleep the local synergy. Prove ALL your mockers wrong FIRST. Succeed WITHOUT their alliance. And watch them turn arround to lobby for your alliance. That's the way to go for the Igbos.

Finally, again, there is no future in the Nigerian politics as currently structured. It's not about the collective. It's all about the few elites. Igbos are for the collective and not for any few super-humans. Igwe bu ike. Igbo ama eze.

Thus, Igbo alliance with either of the two big oligarchy-centric tribes AS COMPATRIOTS did not work before independence. It did not work after independence. And it is not going to work in the next one million years if the COMPATRIOT string remains attached.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by Xway(m): 12:19pm On May 13, 2017
Nwannem nwoke obu ujo bu ihe nwetara afam4ever.

Ur have said it all............

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by realjoker(m): 12:25pm On May 13, 2017
Let me help those who missed the thread with some highlights of the said thread

Mynd44:
This is not the worst time for Igbos, it is actually the best time for Igbo piliticians but it takes some dynamic thinking to realize this. Say what you want about Tinubu but he understood this early and he played the game well, "you cannot go and play in the big leagues if you do not have big players who turn up and show up".

What does that mean? Look at the present crop of Political leaders in the SW and immediate environs (from the 6 states to Kogi and Edo) and you can actually pick enough people called "Tinubu boys" who have political clout and weight. These are peoole who have been tested and have the strenght and dynamism. Even those who are deemed estranged like Fayemi and Fasola. And guess what, they also show up meaning they hold down their own house and can turn up political numbers anyday. Do a number of Tinubu Boys in Lagos alone and be shocked, from Hamzat to Leke Pitan. Not trying to praise Tinubu but this type of alliance is needed. I have not seen one single politician in the SE that commands such respect accross the board in the SE. How can you position yourself for National politics if you have not conqured regional politics?

How can you hold your own when you can't show up to a party meeting with atleast 15 boys who are willing to work for you from all the states? Almost every SE politician is just popular in each of his/her state. This is the problem governors who perform like Obaino and talkers (even though he does too much) like Peter Obi has. They need people to fight for them and hold down other states for them.

You call it godfatherism, I say it is alliances. Imagine if Okorocha can boast of having a huge support base from not just Imo but also Ebonyi, Abia, Rivers and Enugu. That is 5 states. He is already in a good position for any political negotiation and he is more likely to get what he asks for if he wants to form an alliance with anyone.

Saraki did not become this influential by locking himself in Kwara did he? No, he played his politics in his region. Same as El Rufai. You guys have no idea the politics that happened on the morning of the primaries between Fashola, El Rufai and Tinubu. That could have cost President Buhari the ticket if not for alliances.

This is also the problem Akpabio has, his support basically stops in Akwa Ibom (which the governor is doing his best to uproot) outside the state, none. Atleast Amaechi even though he is as dramatic as a woman(no disrespect to women) but he is bringing his boys out and giving them posts who will in turn spread his own political clout. This is not national politics, this is regional oooo.

People wonder why the Tinubu group can be so confident about Lagos? Cos they have done the work of 100 years. They have almost every traditional leader, every market leader, every motor park, and almost every structure on the informal side and the formal side, they allow the social media boys do the dirt fight. If you dont know, you cant beat the Tinubu boys on twitter and Facebook. They are too crazy to fight.

This is time for SE politicians to forge intra-regional alliances. Have one or two politicians in the SE and parts of the SS who can boast of atleast 30% of voters in each state in terms of senators, HoRs, state assemblies etc and then launch for the National scale.

Oh, this victim thingy and expecting things to fall into your arms has to stop. Pick yourself up and stop claiming marginalization; everybody in Nigeria has been marginalized but not everyone choose to wear it on their sleeves. Stop attacking other tribes because you feel they have it better or they made better calculations, if you lose, take that L with your chest, go home and work on it, come back to another fight smoking and looking new (political fights are not every 4 years, they are every re-run election, every party ward primary, every local government poll) put your players in position that will help spread your influence so when they call your name in one place, the response is heard from 7 places. That is political influence.

And politicians have to stop looking like tribal bigots (even if you are, you are a politician, polish yourself). See how commissioners in Lagos, went to be senators, ministers and governors. Dont restrict your planning to one tribe. Ambode did a lot of the financing of Edo politics on Tinubu's behalf now, they have a governor they can plan with. Governors in the SE have to capture grounds outside their state, make none indigenes commissioners and advisers and send them to be senators and what have you in their states.
Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by pchukwudi: 12:48pm On May 13, 2017
Mynd44 too is missing the point.

Yes, to his credit, we need serious intra-regional alliances and integration. But it won't be in the form of identity politics played by the West and North. Igbos are too genetically republican minded, collective-centric and individuslistic oriented to retrogress into identity politics as a culture.

Unfortunately, only an entrenched person of Igbo extraction can understand this.

Thus the said regional-alliance will be institutional and driven by socio-economic ethos rather than being based on the identity of some elitish political class.

realjoker:
Let me help those who missed the thread with some highlights of the said thread

7 Likes

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by Agumbaa: 1:45pm On May 13, 2017
I for certain can never do anything called Nigerian politics,

4 Likes

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by ExpiredNigeria: 3:55pm On May 13, 2017
I love you guys my Igbo bothers, you just cannot take it away, presidency has rotated around the west and north back and forth what have they to show for it? There's a proverb "Oburo gbakata gbakata bu afa, o agba-ere" what we want is clear and clean "Biafra", until we get that we'll still be topping in all ramification of human endeavors in this contraption of a nation no matter what they employ to weaken and disintegrate us.

The Nigerian politics I'm not interested because it is just for Politics and not for progress. We're not interested in anything that doesn't bring positive change and improvement like Nigeria after several years of independence that's why we want out.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by jollymizzle(m): 5:04pm On May 13, 2017
Every once in a while an ipodian stumbles onto the light either by chance or Providence but then as soon as he declears his new found gift his fellows quickly come out to pull him away from the light back to dreamy ignorance.
Afam4eva is being pulled back, time will tell if he is strong enough to resist

2 Likes

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 13, 2017
I am yet to see anyone convince me that there is virtue in Nigerian politics as we know it. The whole thing is a joke!

Those who have produced presidents how market? From Bayelsa to Ogun to Katsina to Kano to Niger. Real poverty is in these places like all other parts of naija

People must focus their politics on local affairs. That's where real change happens

My post in another thread

My dear forget Nigerian politics

Politics is a game of numbers, the number game does not favour us on so many fronts.

So for me the only sensible politics is that which is local! The south east should focus on ensuring that only those interested in developing Igbo land using the resource we have make it to office

If you are thinking of Abuja or Aso rock, forget it. A President who speaks Igbo will never emerge through an Igbo agenda. At least not in this atmosphere where Anti-Igbo sentiments seems to unite the rest of the country and that's the truth.

Forget Aso rock, leave that race for all the others, let's focus on the race towards industrialisation and digital economy!

For me any politician saying vote for me for the sake of Igbo Presidency, simply have no clue. Time is of the essence, let's focus on what counts!

Let Igbos who want to seek Presidency of Nigeria continue to do so in their individual capacity. Someday I think a charismatic figure may emerge in a scenario where the south east is already making tremendous progress and the rest of the country may have no choice but to support him.

But for all of Ndigbo to unite, scheme, collude, or do whatever just to elect a president of Nigeria who speaks Igbo? I will say there is a lot more important things in life!
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Share)

7 Likes

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by biaframustcome: 5:38pm On May 13, 2017
pchukwudi:
This is in response to your op ed here: https://www.nairaland.com/3795771/igbos-need-stop-acting-like

As I mentioned there...

Finally, again, there is no future in the Nigerian politics as currently structured. It's not about the collective. It's all about the few elites. Igbos are for the collective and not for any few super-humans. Igwe bu ike. Igbo ama eze.

Thus, Igbo alliance with either of the two big oligarchy-centric tribes AS COMPATRIOTS did not work before independence. It did not work after independence. And it is not going to work in the next one million years if the COMPATRIOT string remains attached.

Thank you very much pchukwudi.
How do you form alliance with failure? All this kids spewing thrash on social media needs to have a conversation with their peers from around the world. Nigerian youths are being left behind.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by biaframustcome: 5:42pm On May 13, 2017
There is no hope for Nigeria. We need a new start.

3 Likes

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by madridguy(m): 5:50pm On May 13, 2017
Pa Chukwudi44 howdy? tongue
Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by kingzizzy: 6:05pm On May 13, 2017
Nigeria is but a British experiment that has since prooved to be disasterous. No point beating a dead Horse, no point wishing for a non existent unity.

Therefore, let us go our separate ways and stop giving each other unnecessary headache

4 Likes

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 13, 2017
conductor11:
Igbos are not interested in Nigerian politics. What has politics done for the Northerners? Did Ogun state become a paradise after Obasanjos two tenures? Is Katsina more educated after Providing Nigerians with two vegetables as presidents?

What Igbos want - get that into your thick skulls - is Biafra and nothing else.

No amount of banning and failed censorship by seun's mods can stop that.
You cannot have Biafra, that is for sure. Your only hope is to strategically position yourselves in Nigeria's political arena to achieve relevance.
Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by paramakina202: 6:13pm On May 13, 2017
Those that claim to know how to play Nigeria politics but don't know or have no clue on how to fix Nigeria problems they created over the years.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by conductor11: 6:26pm On May 13, 2017
kropotkin11:
You cannot have Biafra, that is for sure. Your only hope is to strategically position yourselves in Nigeria's political arena to achieve relevance.
Your relevance and opinion cannot affect the welfare of even a housefly inside your daddy's house, kid.

Be humble, *****, sit down!

4 Likes

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 13, 2017
conductor11:

Your relevance and opinion cannot affect the welfare of a housefly inside your daddy's house, kid.

Be humble, *****, sit down!
Emotional trash you wrote up there, but you have a point though when you say its not entirely up to me. No one cares about Igbos and their fate in Nigeria but alot of us are dammed sure against any Biafran nonsense. You can wail, scream and curse all you want but there will never ever be no Biafra
Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:45pm On May 13, 2017
jollymizzle:
Every once in a while an ipodian stumbles onto the light either by chance or Providence but then as soon as he declears his new found gift his fellows quickly come out to pull him away from the light back to dreamy ignorance.
Afam4eva is being pulled back, time will tell if he is strong enough to resist

By light you mean an alliance with some treacherous tribe out there
By light you mean to stop the pursuit of self determination and fall in line with the chant of one Nigeria which is an expired contraction

Abeg mind your business
No make me change am for you

5 Likes

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:48pm On May 13, 2017
kropotkin11:
Emotional trash you wrote up there, but you have a point though when you say its not entirely up to me. No one cares about Igbos and their fate in Nigeria but alot of us are dammed sure against any Biafran nonsense. You can wail, scream and curse all you want but there will never ever be no Biafra
You can beg for unity till all eternity
No one will ever be interested in this shi*hole of a country
Have a little shame ... Just a little
You can survive without others
You just might be the first parasite to do so
Miracles do happen
Have faith

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:54pm On May 13, 2017
kropotkin11:

I don't need no afonja to come beg for unity
They so much love one Nigeria
They should position themselves in Nigeria politics and be all relevance as they want

It's the Igbos that is doing drugs and ridiculing the good name of Nigeria ... Afonjas have to good chance of restoring back the dignity of Nigeria without the Igbos

I don't need no afonja to come beg for unity

2 Likes

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:03pm On May 13, 2017
I just read the nonsense the mod wrote in the other thread
I know he can read this

Igbos are not interested in Yoruba and Nigeria politics ... They should take their political advise and shove it where the sun don't shine

Igbos have always been the problem of Yoruba people... Nairaland have also shown us this
We have nothing in common
We are not one people
We have different orientations
It's awesome for Yorubas to be in Nigeria without the Igbos
Since they are well schooled in Nigerian politics .. No doubt they will be successful and dominate in Nigeria
I say goodluck to them

2 Likes

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 13, 2017
our brother Gej:
1) used our sister Stella, as the only example of a minister he sacked due to corruption.
2)used the second Niger bridge as a political tool against the region.
3) sacked ihejirika who had boxed Boko Haram into Sambisa and replaced him with a dude so ineffective, peeps can't even recall his name.
every thing Gej gave the igbo was fought for, so forgive me if I reject him and his tribe as friends of the igbo.
while many of us go about agitating for matters affecting the south south,many of the non-igbo tribes their are gearing up to displace us as one of the big 3. Avengers stopped bombing and Buhari tripped their "free salary" (note, they didn't even communicate to ipob their biggest fan group).
it's time some of you peeps recognize that biafra is an ideology, based on the concept of political, economical and geographical aggrandizement of the igbo (be it within or outside Nigerias sovereignity). The fact that ojukwu went to aburi is proof of that.
if we want let us as usual listen to ipob, Massob and bim. Let us ignore voters registration and possibly the coming census, let us move into political isolation, and possibly when we have been overtaken by events many of us go get sense.

1 Like

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 13, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:
I just read the nonsense the mod wrote in the other thread
I know he can read this

Igbos are not interested in Yoruba and Nigeria politics ... They should take their political advise and shove it where the sun don't shine

Igbos have always been the problem of Yoruba people... Nairaland have also shown us this
We have nothing in common
We are not one people
We have different orientations
It's awesome for Yorubas to be in Nigeria without the Igbos
Since they are well schooled in Nigerian politics .. No doubt they will be successful and dominate in Nigeria
I say goodluck to them
You are silly to think the opinions expressed on nairaland represent that of the wider spectrum of Nigerian society

1 Like

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by escapefromusa(f): 9:38pm On May 13, 2017
kropotkin11:
You are silly to think the opinions expressed on nairaland represent that of the wider spectrum of Nigerian society

Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all. Charles Babbage
Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by ZZ22: 10:45pm On May 13, 2017
Looking at the state of Nigeria i feel ashamed about those bragging and boasting with Nigerian politics.
Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:57pm On May 13, 2017
kropotkin11:

To you am silly
Words cannot qualify what you are to me

So instead of these drama
Name calling and what not

Kindly accept that we have nothing in common
Stay on your side of the divide and mind your business
Don't jump into any biafran thread and beg for unity .... I won't tell u again
Please have a little shame

1 Like

Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 13, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:

To you am silly
Words cannot qualify what you are to me

So instead of these drama
Name calling and what not

Kindly accept that we have nothing in common
Stay on your side of the divide and mind your business
Don't jump into any biafran thread and beg for unity .... I won't tell u again
Please have a little shame
Forget about the silly part, in the rest of the sentence lies the real message
Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 13, 2017
Oya beg Afonja to give you your Utopian Biafra....I'm sick and tired of y'all
Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by UncleJudax(m): 11:50pm On May 13, 2017
krendo:
I am yet to see anyone convince me that there is virtue in Nigerian politics as we know it. The whole thing is a joke!

Those who have produced presidents how market? From Bayelsa to Ogun to Katsina to Kano to Niger. Real poverty is in these places like all other parts of naija

People must focus their politics on local affairs. That's where real change happens

My post in another thread

I have had this conviction for years.. and have been preaching same. It is daylight clear that Nigeria is not working, and may never work.

Biafra, as a country, is also very unlikely. But what is very attainable is what I term Virtual Biafra. Let's develop the East.

Let's elect politicians that would drive growth in Biafra land, who are interested and committed to the industrialization of Igboland, and not Governors who build estates in Lagos from state treasury.

That is Virtual Biafra.
Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by vagabondMynd44: 11:53pm On May 13, 2017
chukwudi no one is ready to play politics with you igbos likewise.. you guys are too dull and divided.
The wisdom to play politics is not in you people so forget it. Focus on you biafra and accept your 5 landlocked states like that

Just leave..
Re: Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. by UncleJudax(m): 11:56pm On May 13, 2017
vagabondMynd44:
chukwudi no one is ready to play politics with you igbos likewise.. you guys are dull and divided too.
The wisdom to play politics is not in you people so forget it. Focus on you biafra and accept your 5 landlocked states like that

Just leave..
Who is this stray chihuahua?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Presidential Plane In View As Arsenal Players Leave London Airport / Buhari’s Re-election Bid Is Inhuman And Insulting - Arewa Youths / 2018 Budget: Fg Plans Group Life Insurance For Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.