Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,551 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Need Help On How To Use An Ntsc System Lcd Tv - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Need Help On How To Use An Ntsc System Lcd Tv (1175 Views)

Can My New Acer Iron Gray 11.6" C710-2856 Use An Internet Moderm Like Fastlink? / Hacker Explains How To Use An Android Phone To Hijack Planes / How Can I Use An Etisalat Data Card On A Zain Usb Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help On How To Use An Ntsc System Lcd Tv by uzoo: 4:52pm On Jan 11, 2010
hi,

there's a 19 inch lcd tv my folks got as a gift last christmas , the thing is that its from the states and

it uses the US system which i think is NTSC, they are considering puting it in an extra bedroom , is there anyway to have it changed to our system (PAL) in order to watch local tv or DSTV cable.

any suggestions will be appreciated.
thanks
Re: Need Help On How To Use An Ntsc System Lcd Tv by DayTrader: 11:07pm On Jan 11, 2010
19 inch tvs' are usually monitors.
Don't use the in-built turner to search 4 channels but hook it, through the other input ports ( A/V, HDTV, SVGA, etc) directly to an external source eg cable decoder, laptop with installed tv software, DVD with an in-built TV turner etc.
Turn the TV on. Select the external input which you hooked to the TV. Change the channels from the external source and control the vol. from the TV.

However, I find it hard to believe that an LCD 19" would have an NTSC restriction, those systems now adays work for films, games and DVD players. Off-course there are ways around these problems too.
Returning to your problem, I don't think the system here is the problem but what voltage is needed. From what I remember Nigeria uses 220V and u got it from the states that use 110V . Don't blow up your gift
Re: Need Help On How To Use An Ntsc System Lcd Tv by uzoo: 5:02pm On Jan 15, 2010
@DayTrader

thanks for the reply , dont know much about these things , as for the voltage thing,its been sorted , they got a step down transformer for the tv.

but its because of this complicated connection that they decided to put it away for now,but i think they are ready to use it.

in other words they can connect it to a nigerian system dvd player, or alternatively dstv decoder.

but can they watch other local channels using this type of connection with the dvd player/decoder, even when they miss their dstv subscription?

not sure of the size , i was told its a 19 inch , but can they still do this connection you mentioned if its a higher inch tv?
Re: Need Help On How To Use An Ntsc System Lcd Tv by DayTrader: 5:31pm On Jan 15, 2010
In Nigeria I think we broadcast in PAL-M, I can't remember and as I'm based in Poland can't check it out but PAL-M system uses the same broadcast bandwidth, frame rate, and number of lines as NTSC, but using PAL color encoding. It is therefore partially NTSC-compatible. NTSC-M tv sets can receive terrestrial PAL-M broadcasts, NTSC VCRs can play videotapes recorded in PAL-M and vice versa, but only in black & white due to the fact that the color information cannot be decoded.
Re: Need Help On How To Use An Ntsc System Lcd Tv by uzoo: 5:37pm On Jan 15, 2010
yes PAL is what they use in Nigeria.

thanks for the post.

(1) (Reply)

*edited* / Mtn Fast Link & Universal Modem / Cisco Certificate VISA Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.