Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,143 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

South East: A Time To Regroup - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East: A Time To Regroup (2908 Views)

2019: Ex-generals, Governors, Ministers Regroup To Battle Buhari / Unemployment Situation In South East,a Ticking Time Bomb-Zinox Chairman / Non-Yoruba Indigenes In South West Regroup Under NYIEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

South East: A Time To Regroup by Truth234(m): 2:18pm On May 13, 2017
This is not the worst time to be an Igbo in the Nigerian political sphere, in fact, it is actually the best time for Igbo politics. However, it will take some dynamic thinking to realize this. Say what you want about Tinubu but he understood this early and he played the game well, "you cannot go and play in the big leagues if you do not have big players who turn up and show up."

You cannot go and play in the big leagues if you do not have big players who turn up and show up.

What does that mean? Look at the present crop of political leaders in the South West and immediate environments (from the 6 states to Kogi and Edo) and you can actually pick enough people called "Tinubu boys" who have political clout and weight. These are people who have been tested and have the strength and dynamism. Even those who are deemed estranged like Fayemi and Fashola. And guess what, they also show up meaning they hold down their own house and can turn up political numbers any day. Do a number of Tinubu Boys in Lagos alone and you will be shocked, from Hamzat to Leke Pitan. Not trying to praise Tinubu but this type of alliance is needed. I have not seen one single politician in the South East that commands such respect across the board in the South East. How can you position yourself for National Politics if you have not conquered regional politics?

How can you hold your own when you can't show up to a party meeting with at least fifteen boys who are willing to work for you from all the states? Almost every South East politician is just popular in each of his/her state. This is the problem governors who perform like Obaino and talkers (even though he does too much) like Peter Obi has. They need people to fight for them and hold down other states for them.

You call it godfatherism, I say it is alliances. Imagine if Okorocha can boast of having a huge support base from not just Imo but also Ebonyi, Abia, Rivers, and Enugu. That is 5 states. He is already in a good position for any political negotiation and he is more likely to get what he asks for if he wants to form an alliance with anyone.

You call it godfatherism, I say it is alliances.

Saraki did not become this influential by locking himself in Kwara. No, he played his politics in his region. Same as El Rufai. People have no idea the politics that happened on the morning of the primaries between Fashola, El Rufai, and Tinubu. That could have cost President Buhari the ticket if not for alliances.

Similarly, Akpabio is facing the same problem, his support basically stops in Akwa Ibom (which the governor is doing his best to uproot) outside the state, none. At least, Amaechi even though he is as dramatic as a woman (no disrespect to women) but he is bringing his boys out and giving them posts who will in turn spread his own political clout. That is not even national politics, but regional.

People wonder why the Tinubu group can be so confident about Lagos. Because they have done the work of 100 years. They have almost every traditional leader, every market leader, every motor park, and almost every structure on the informal side and the formal side, they allow the social media boys do the dirty fight. If you don’t know, you can’t beat the Tinubu boys on Twitter and Facebook. They are always ready.

This is the time for the South East politicians to forge intra-regional alliances. Have one or two politicians in the South East and parts of the South-South who can boast of at least 30 percent of voters in each state in terms of Senators, House of Representatives, State assemblies, etc., and then launch for the National scale.

This is the time for the South East politicians to forge intra-regional alliances.

However, playing the victim card while expecting things to fall into your arms will not help the region. The South East has to stop claiming marginalization, everybody in Nigeria has been marginalized but not everyone chooses to wear it on their sleeves. Stop attacking other tribes because you feel they have it better or they made better calculations, if you lose, take that loss with your chest, go home and work on it, come back to another fight smoking and looking new (political fights are not every 4 years, they are every re-run election, every party ward primary, every local government poll) put your players in position that will help spread your influence so when they call your name in one place, the response is heard from 7 places. That is a political influence.

The South East has to stop claiming marginalization, everybody in Nigeria has been marginalized but not everyone chooses to wear it on their sleeves.

And politicians have to stop looking like tribal bigots --even if you are, you are a politician, polish yourself. See how commissioners in Lagos, went to be senators, ministers, and governors. Don’t restrict your planning to one tribe. Ambode did a lot of the financing of Edo politics on Tinubu's behalf now, they have a governor they can plan with. Governors in the South East have to capture grounds outside their state, make none indigenes commissioners and advisers and send them to be senators in their states but what have you in their states. Defeatist.

http://investorsking.com/south-east-time-regroup/

1 Like

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by Truth234(m): 2:27pm On May 13, 2017
A political blueprint that is capable of changing Nigerian political landscape going forward by Nairaland very own Mynd44.
Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by NCP: 2:34pm On May 13, 2017
Nice one...

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by Amoto94(m): 10:14pm On May 13, 2017
Ngozi123, Amarabae, Afam4eva, Justwise
Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by Afam4eva(m): 10:18pm On May 13, 2017
Is that not Mynd44's comment.
Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by vagabondMynd44: 10:25pm On May 13, 2017
it's too late for you guys..
Bigotry and hate has killed your chances of holding any meaningful position again in Nigeria. I will rather sleep off than to vote for an igbo person at the polls

let's see if you people can pull of treacherous stunt like what happened with GEJ

7 Likes

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by aribisala0(m): 10:25pm On May 13, 2017
Truth234:
A political blueprint that is capable of changing Nigerian political landscape going forward by Nairaland very own Mynd44.
Eboe politicians are there to eat already cooked food. They cannot strategize and cannot play opposition, the records are there, -1960 1965 1979 1983,see how they shamelessly decamp to APC. To compare such people to Tinubu is a travesty. They are not capable of thinking more than one or two meals ahead politically and have zero tolerance for discomfort. Whatever criticism one may have about Buhari he has been steadfast like Tinubu unlike FaniKayode who personifies the Eboe politician.
The Eboe electorate need to look at themselves too and ask serious questions

6 Likes

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by Fulmigati: 10:31pm On May 13, 2017
Regroup as a sovereign independent state?
Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by SIRmanjar(m): 10:35pm On May 13, 2017
Op!Abeg No long sermon for night church..The sermon wey you preach long and you suppose direct your sermon to nigeria..The ibos I know are the only tru nigerians..They have shown it trough there actions..They live happily evrywhere in Nigeria,develop anywhere they make dia home,They make frends easily with anytribe and are comfortable wit any tribe,They support any tribe especially financially,They can leave you to stay in dia homes when they are not around witout considering ur tribe..They represent nigeria internationally tru sports,entartainment,etc..There are many examples I can give you but lemme end it hia..
Other nigerians should learn from ibos.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by vantage001: 10:54pm On May 13, 2017
vagabondMynd44:
Bigotry and hate has killed your chances of holding any meaningful position again in Nigeria. I will rather sleep off than to vote for an igbo person at the polls

let's see if you people can pull of treacherous stunt like what happened with GEJ
ermm, sorry, your one pismal vote would easily be rendered null and void by a single igbo voter in lagos.
I am sorry to be the one to break it to you, but you are irrelevant to igbo political movements in the Nigerian space.

8 Likes

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by vagabondMynd44: 10:58pm On May 13, 2017
vantage001:

ermm, sorry, your one pismal vote would easily be rendered null and void by a single igbo voter in lagos.
I am sorry to be the one to break it to you, but you are irrelevant to igbo political movements in the Nigerian space.

lmao.. political movement my ass

or you meant your mass movement into Lagos lagoon cos last time I checked, your votes in that part is as useless as GEJ sperm to Patience

3 Likes

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by vagabondMynd44: 11:20pm On May 13, 2017
vantage001:

It seems your brain have been dedicated to sango. That is the only reason i can think of that would make an irrelevant yoruba dingbat from ogbomoso to think his one single vote can stop anybody from becoming anything in Nigeria. Since when did that one start? Or you think Buhari is Nigeria's first president since 1999 or he is going to be there forever.
Such overbloated sense of importance that is not steeped in reality or fact.
You no well.

read in between the lines boy.. my people don't care if you regroup or not.
your single SE region should get you the posts you so desire. count Yorubas and Northerners out.
Deluded bigots who hate others but want the same people they hate to love them unconditionally. Una go tey for bus stop

6 Likes

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by vantage001: 11:28pm On May 13, 2017
vagabondMynd44:

read in between the lines boy.. my people don't care if you regroup or not.
your single SE region should get you the posts you so desire. count Yorubas and Northerners out.
Deluded bigots who hate others but want the same people they hate to love them unconditionally. Una go tey for bus stop
Shut up. I don't give a fucck about you and your people. Once again, You are not relevant to igbo political movements if we make the right alliances we need. And those alliances certainly don't necessarily involve the south-west.
Even OBJ did not need your yoruba votes to win.
And what an amateur move trying to tie the northerners to a wish-wash afonja alliance in your lame attempt to prove a non-existent yoruba political influence.
Sorry, the northerners don't give a shitt about your yoruba interests. They would sooner drop you guys if their interests is served elsewhere, which is looking very realistic nowadays.
A mere saraki whipped your jagaban and all his afonja stooges so hard when he tried to overstep and he ran back to his cave in lagos.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by DieBuhari: 11:36pm On May 13, 2017
So Yorubas and Hausas are not affected by recession or they now have steady electricity and zero unemployment in their regions? What exactly is the Point of these useless posts these days?

2 Likes

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by vagabondMynd44: 11:37pm On May 13, 2017
vantage001:

Shut up. I don't give a fucck about you and your people. Once again, You are not relevant to igbo political movements if we make the right alliances we need. And those alliances certainly don't necessarily involve the south-west.
Even OBJ did not need your yoruba votes to win.
And what an amateur move trying to tie the northerners to a wish-wash afonja alliance in your lame attempt to prove a non-existent yoruba political influence.
Sorry, the northerners don't give a shitt about your yoruba interests. They would sooner drop you guys if their interests is served elsewhere, which is looking very realistic nowadays.
A mere saraki whipped your jagaban and all his afonja stooges so hard when he tried to overstep and he ran back to his cave in lagos.

So after all the biafrau.d noise, you're willing to renew your slavery to Hausas if they give you juicy positions instead of complete restructuring
No wonder SE is in the state it is today.. too much greed, treachery and two-faced people all in one place.
Unfortunately, Hausas are not the dull type to trust easterners again with what went down in 2015

5 Likes

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by vantage001: 11:50pm On May 13, 2017
vagabondMynd44:

So after all the biafrau.d noise, you're willing to renew your slavery to Hausas if they give you juicy positions instead of complete restructuring
No wonder SE is in the state it is today.. too much greed, treachery and two-faced people all in one place.
Unfortunately, Hausas are not the dull type to trust easterners again with what went down in 2015
Whatever happens with biafra is not your concern. We are big ethnic group that can walk and chew gum at the same time.
The igbo ethnic is answerable to nobody.
The hausas will not trust us? lol. And they trust your treacherous afonja leaders?
You think if the north had their way, they will choose the treacherous SW instead of the more trust-worthy south-east?. cheesy
The only reason the south-west is playing whatever role now for the north is because the rest of the south is more or less attached to PDP FOR NOW.
Don't worry, your eye go soon clear.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by Agumbaa: 11:57pm On May 13, 2017
This is Mynd44's comment, balderbash.
Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by SIRmanjar(m): 12:16am On May 14, 2017
vagabondMynd44:

All this drunkards wey full nairaland sef..Ibos wanna breakaway from ur paradise flowing wit milk and honey where fulanis kill innocent people at will and you are here talking zoo presidency..You get malaria abi na wetin dey worry you..Mr suffering ad smiling.

5 Likes

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by SIRmanjar(m): 12:25am On May 14, 2017
vagabondMynd44:

let me remind you of the North's reply to OBJ's igbo presidency comment.. They literally said it's never going to happen, that OBJ should keep quiet and stop playing God.

Not like I expected you to comprehend tho. the wisdom is not just there for you guys. That's why anyone can push you lots around easily.

Don't worry ehnn.. chill till 2019 and you'll see for yourself Northerners are not ready to accept a born slave to them as ruler.
Boy chill till 2019 but I assure you one tin people wey no fear protest against an oppressive govt not minding the casualties nogo fear arm demselves against enemies of dia progress at the right time..The juju is clearing.I know you will be one of those that will come hear to remind them of how they have properties across nigeria when they start..It will shock you how other tribes will rise up and fight against this cursed evil forsaken country sad
Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by Diplomaticbeing(m): 12:53am On May 14, 2017
I'll continue to say it loud and clear that the cause of our political backwardness, is a fundamental one. But the good thing is that its malleable. A simple change in ethical philosophy of choosing principle over expediency in deeds and in actions, will correct the problem. When this is done, it'll give birth to a definite political ideology. From there an institution - yes, Tinubu, for instance, is a political institution - will automatically established itself. And then power will be grabbed.

Believe you me, I've a blueprint on how to make things happen. . . I only need to create time for it.

"If you don't believe in something you'll fall for anything." The need for a definite political ideology can never be overemphasized. The act in practice "Any Government In Power (AGIP)" is a major sign of skewed ethical philosophy and lack of political ideology, which it breed, and the bane of our political backwardness as a tribe.
Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by OreMI22: 1:22am On May 14, 2017
Op is Yoruba.
Igbo should focus on total freedom from Nigeria. Those confusing Igbos and tempting them with Presidency and vice president are the real enemies.

Igbo should focus on peaceful or an insurgency option like northern ireland of either Nigeria allows it to leave or everyone will live inside it like that.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by ProWalker: 4:07am On May 14, 2017
OreMI22:
Op is Yoruba.
Igbo should focus on total freedom from Nigeria. Those confusing Igbos and tempting them with Presidency and vice president are the real enemies.

Igbo should focus on peaceful or an insurgency option like northern ireland of either Nigeria allows it to leave or everyone will live inside it like that.

Your own problem starts and ends with Yoruba grin

This is the problem that an average Nigerian have with Igbos, the discordant tunes emanating from the SE makes the region unstable, unpredictable and untrustworthy with any sensitive political position in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by Truth234(m): 6:26am On May 14, 2017
ProWalker:

Your own problem starts and ends with Yoruba grin

This is the problem that an average Nigerian have with Igbos, the discordant tunes emanating from the SE makes the region unstable, unpredictable and untrustworthy with any sensitive political position in Nigeria.

Even if they secede after a successful referendum. Most of these kids don't know they will have to reach a consensus with other regions on trade deals and most importantly protect the interest of their kinsmen in those regions like the U.K. and the EU are struggling to do now after Brexit.

Also, going by the available data they will have to bring more to the table than other regions unless they annexed South-South. So it is not going to be a smooth ride as widely perceived.
Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by tinsel: 6:49am On May 14, 2017
vagabondMynd44:

lmao.. political movement my ass

or you meant your mass movement into Lagos lagoon cos last time I checked, your votes in that part is as useless as GEJ sperm to Patience
Is this not personal? God gives children and not by the power of man.

2 Likes

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by bantudark1: 6:56am On May 14, 2017
nothing will change for the south east so long they dont drop that tribal nonesense...

big mistake calling other tribes animals and the area a zoo...thats very disrespectful.......

you igbos think putting down others will let others allow you to lead them....big mistake....

and that mistake will haunt una for many years to come....

2 Likes

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by OchubaAku: 6:58am On May 14, 2017
[s]
bantudark1:
nothing will change for the south east so long they dont drop that tribal nonesense...

big mistake calling other tribes animals and the area a zoo...thats very disrespectful.......

you igbos think putting down others will let others allow you to lead them....big mistake....

and that mistake will haunt una for many years to come....
[/s]
Nonsense trash

3 Likes

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by bantudark1: 7:02am On May 14, 2017
OchubaAku:
[s][/s]
Nonsense trash

well,online is different from reality......big mistake una did...

nobody will trust you now.........you think only numbers is enough.....50million igbos you always claim,but you are all scattered around the globe.....igbo mean nothing in nigerian politics.......the hausas understood the game,the yorubas too...now the delta is starting to see it too.....you,well you,,keep on abusing everybody that doesnt agree with you.....
Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by OchubaAku: 7:03am On May 14, 2017
[s]
bantudark1:

well,online is different from reality......big mistake una did...

nobody will trust you now.........you think only numbers is enough.....50million igbos you always claim,but you are all scattered around the globe.....igbo mean nothing in nigerian politics.......the hausas understood the game,the yorubas too...now the delta is starting to see it too.....you,well you,,keep on abusing everybody that doesnt agree with you.....
[/s]
shatap there and get out

3 Likes

Re: South East: A Time To Regroup by bantudark1: 7:06am On May 14, 2017
OchubaAku:
[s][/s]
shatap there and get out

undecided......kpele.... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nation Of Islam Pedophiles-Secret take over of the NOI by the Sodomite Boule. / PROFILE: Meet Babajide Sanwo-olu, Lagos APC Guber csndidate / Where Exactly Is Ishaq Akntola From In The SW?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.