Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Meet The Father And Daughter Who Used To Be Mother And Son (video) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meet The Father And Daughter Who Used To Be Mother And Son (video) (1012 Views)

Mum Ignored Her Crying Daughter Who Had A Live Scorpion In Her Shoes. See Why / Muslim Dad Tries Killing Daughter Who Got Pregnant For Christian Boy In Plateau / Bride-to-be, Mother Were Buried On Her Wedding Day (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Father And Daughter Who Used To Be Mother And Son (video) by saydfact(m): 2:45pm On May 13, 2017
One family has redefined their lives together as parent and child after transitioning to opposite genders.
Father Eric Maison and daughter Corey Maison, 15, used to be mother and son.

https://youtu.be/sNHPlqoaDF0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNHPlqoaDF0

Corey Maison, 15, who loves mascara and lip gloss, was born a boy.

“I always wanted to be a girl,” she said. “I was very girly when I was younger.”

Corey is one of five and her mother, born Erica, never felt comfortable in her female body. Erica transitioned to Eric.

“I definitely felt like I identified with boys but I didn't actually realize it was possible I could become one,” Eric told Inside Edition.

It wasn't until four years ago, when the two watched a TV special on transgender teen activist Jazz Jennings, that everything became clear.

“I said, ‘Wow, I’m just like her. I'm a girl trapped in a boy's body’,” Corey admitted.

Corey started taking puberty blockers at 11 to stop facial hair growth and the deepening of his voice.

“Just seeing her courage and bravery in the face of so much adversity, I think that's what ultimately gave me the courage to come out myself,” Eric said.

For Eric, the transition began with a short haircut. Then, the 39-year-old started injecting testosterone.

“My voice has gotten deeper, I’ve grown facial hair even though I shave it, more body hair, leg hair and my muscles are getting bigger,” he said.

Earlier this year, Eric had a double mastectomy.

“I felt like I was trapped in a woman's body and just that mastectomy made me feel free,” he said.

The transition has proved challenging for Les Maison, who is Corey’s father and Eric’s husband.

Culled: www.palmchatnow.com
Re: Meet The Father And Daughter Who Used To Be Mother And Son (video) by rheether(f): 2:48pm On May 13, 2017
With time, human might conquer death itself.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Father And Daughter Who Used To Be Mother And Son (video) by saydfact(m): 5:35pm On May 13, 2017
B4 that time, world go don end....
Re: Meet The Father And Daughter Who Used To Be Mother And Son (video) by Teewhy2: 6:51am On May 16, 2017
Wetin person no go hear or see for this world. When you believe you have seen or heard every thing comes the next one.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Tell Her Bleaching Is Not For Everyone / My Husband & His Sister Are Threatening Me,please Help! / Dead Woman Weds Her Long Time Boyfriend Two Hours Before She Was Buried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.