Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Some Facts About Mary Mother Of Jesus Christ. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Facts About Mary Mother Of Jesus Christ. (497 Views)

Mary Mother Of Jesus Mosque Spotted In Abu Dhabi. / "Whatsoever He Saith To You, Do It"! - Mary, Mother Of Jesus. / Some Facts About Mary Mother Of Jesus Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Facts About Mary Mother Of Jesus Christ. by ebukason3(m): 3:47pm On May 13, 2017
(1) Mary is a mother
a. To a disciple or follower of Christ
b. To Jesus Christ who is both God and man (Matthew 1:25 and Galatians 4:4) whose birth was prophesied by Isaiah 7:14 and Micah 5:2
2. Mary is a virgin , and gave birth to only Jesus.
a. Mary a virgin conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit while still a virgin (Luke 1:34-35 and Matthew 1:25)
b. Matthew13:55 and Mark6:3 address Jesus relatives as brothers. But John19:25 , Matthew27:56, Mark15:40, Jude:1 and mark3:17-18 further reveals that they are close relatives of Jesus .
3. Mary is an intercessor
a. Mary play an intercessory role at wedding in Cana. John2:1-10
b. Before pentecost Mary was into prayer and intercession with the apostle. (Acts 1:14)
(4) some titles given to Mary
(A) Queen
(i). The title is from the fact that a king mother plays a queen role (2kings2:19) and Jesus is a king (John18:37)
(ii). The title is taken from Revelation12:1-6
where the mother of Jesus is crown with 12 stars which symbolise angels (star), 12
tribes of Israel(the chosen people), 12 apostles (Church).
(b) The Ark of new covenant
( i). This is from the fact that the power of God or Shekinah Glory rested on Mary in Luke1:35 and in Exodus40:34-38 the Shekinah Glory rested on the Ark of the
covenant.
(ii) Jesus is the fulfilment of the law (Matthew5:17) and stayed in the womb of Mary, but the law in Exodus40:20 and Hebrew9:4 was inside the Ark of the covenant.
(C.) Morning star
(i). The morning star precede the sun that gives light to the world . Mary gave birth to Jesus the light of the world(John1:1-5)
(D). Cause of our Joy
i. This title is because, under God, Mary gives us Jesus Christ the source of our joy.

(1) (Reply)

Full Reliance On God / Arise And Shine For Your Light Is Come / 1 Peter 3:4 A Dedication To The Ugly and Beautiful Women Who Do Not Slay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.