Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana (13194 Views)

Vietnam Stopped Issuing Visas To West African Travellers Because Of Ebola / AVIC International To Set Up Headquarters In Nairobi-kenya At US$ 200m / Re: Insult: Mtn Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by No2Atheism(m): 11:02pm On Jan 11, 2010
@Kosovo

This is a political discussion and has nothing to do with phones . . . kindly move it back to the politics section.

Becuase MTN is mentioned does not mean it is a phone issue . . .
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by ChapelleS: 11:04pm On Jan 11, 2010
No2Atheism:

Valid points . . .

-------------------------------------------------------------

shocked shocked shocked Wow I never knew CIA Headquarters is in Ghana . . . men I pity those Ghanians o talk of dinning with the devil.

-------------------------------------------------------------

After they bombed Nairobi way back in 199 somehing they moved to Accra. Its one of the major reasons Obama went there.I read it in NEWAFRICAN magazine.
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by ChapelleS: 11:06pm On Jan 11, 2010
@Kosovo

OMG,what is wrong with Kosovo. Okay why not move it to job section? This is a fu cking political discussion.Jesussssssssssss Christ.Who is this kosovo guy.
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by presido1: 11:09pm On Jan 11, 2010
kosovo:

Moved to phones
Are u ok? how can you move such a sensitive thread to where they sell and buy mobile phones. This move is political and must be discussed here.
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 11, 2010
MTN and Naija gals don chop my money finish. The difference is that the former chops and takes off while the later chops and I take off. grin
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by ChapelleS: 11:23pm On Jan 11, 2010
You can delete the two angry post i made in politics section but return this topic to politics.this is pure politics.If this not politics you need to see the hype about this development in ghana today.
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by dragnet: 11:57pm On Jan 11, 2010
mMm. . . Its obvious They've already captured the Nigerian market & hypnotised d subscribers so locating the Head office in Ghana means thats their next fishing water. . . .when they are thru, u'd hear that they wana have an Administrative bla bla headquater in some fresh country
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by dragnet: 12:04am On Jan 12, 2010
presido1:

Are u ok? how can you move such a sensitive thread to where they sell and buy mobile phones. This move is political and must be discussed here.

Wth ?! bros, we dash u dis 1 o !
. . . .boiz arent smiling here at all undecided cool
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by edoyad(m): 12:14am On Jan 12, 2010
The govt don't have to do zit. Aren't we the ones using the MTN lines ? Is the govt paying our bills for us ? Right now as i post i'm doing it with an MTN line but i'm ready to drop it if we make a collective decisions to make this people understand we can't be taken for a ride. But other Net works, Glo particularly, have to give us something to pull us out.
Do you think MTN made this decision without greasing the necessary palms in abuja ? You'll be surprised at the details.
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by jerk: 6:54am On Jan 12, 2010
Mtn are thieves.
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by tkb417(m): 11:02am On Jan 12, 2010
are we Nigerians not running to Ghana?

why wont they pick stability ahead of uncertainties?

a lot of coys are closing shop in Nigeria cos of increasing social overhead costs associated with doing biz in Nigeria

go and ask Dunlop, Michelin and co wht informed their business model/strategy

shame on us abeg

MTN has done what a right thinkin biz man would do
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 12, 2010
^^^^

i even forgot so many people are sending their kids there

one corper in my office - his dad is a ui lecturer - but the guy schooled in ghana

str8 4 years with no academic hiatus - no campus cults , no psycho lecturers
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by baeyy(m): 11:10am On Jan 12, 2010
I look at the comments here and am amazed at our ideas, it just gives me hope that a new generation of people who are proud of their country, would want change and are interested in making Nigeria a better place are rising, and i have a feeling it will soon happen.
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by otukpo(f): 11:17am On Jan 12, 2010
And What is the insult?

Even Nigeria's indigenous companies are relocating their h/o to Ghana so why pick on MTN.

IF there is any insult her, it we Nigerians, our govt dt are insulting Nigeria not MTN in this case.
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 12, 2010
undecided
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by NSNA: 11:23am On Jan 12, 2010
The Federal Government should start threatening this companies with Licence

That is the solution.
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by honeric01(m): 11:29am On Jan 12, 2010
I am ready to dump their ass asap, i use 2 mtn lines and 1 for internet but i have promised myself never to subscribe for their internet again after they kept ripping me off, the internet hardly connects and when it does, it keeps disconnecting.

i will break all the sims, replace with etisalat and glo, my main line is zain and i have been using zain since i started using phone.

Some Nigerians can be fools but Nigerians aren't fools.

You say my country is sh.t yet you wine and dine with my country because they offer you free food. this is hell of a mockery.
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 12, 2010
NSNA:

The Federal Government should start threatening this companies with Licence

That is the solution.

undecided
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by Spyker: 11:33am On Jan 12, 2010
Though i feel angered by this news, but i also have to sympathise with the Telecom industry in Nigeria. We don't have a steady Power supply and Ghana has. Our policy favour them and not us. I remember that Coca Cola in not in India not because the Indians would not want them to be but their policy favoured Indians and not Coca Cola.
Example of such policy:
Coca Cola was given ten years to set-up their company in India, employ and train Indians to takeover the management and running of the Coca Cola India which the Coca Cola management refused. So, they left. I don't know if Coca Cola in now in India but if you judge from the growth of India in different sectors, you will realised that their Policy is faouring them. E.g. Medicine, ICT, Auto Mechanics e.t.c. Technology is either stolen, borrowed or transferred. In Nigeria, all we do is serve the company without our people being catered for
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by silvernus0: 11:33am On Jan 12, 2010
for this dicision mtn's licence should not be renewed ,since they cant do business here they should be ready to lose 28miillin subscribers lets see if they wii still exit undecided undecided
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by slap1(m): 11:36am On Jan 12, 2010
Must it be in nigeria?
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 12, 2010
i have to mention something odd

most of the posters complaining about mtn are guilty of the exact same thing - they too are outside Nigeria - why is this? why are they upset that mtn is following their mindset ?
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by Ben13: 11:50am On Jan 12, 2010
Every headquarters must not be in Nigeria. . .why did this call any attention?
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by geniogeni: 11:53am On Jan 12, 2010
I cant believe this is happening to Nigerians all  at ones.anyway the say ''bad luck comes in threes '',if the want to move  their headquaters the should do so and while at it move the whole damn company cos nigerians dont need ''when the going is good ''kind of companies Ghanians should also have a first hand experience of mtn ripoff.
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by honeric01(m): 11:56am On Jan 12, 2010
oyb:

i have to mention something odd

most of the posters complaining about mtn are guilty of the exact same thing - they too are outside Nigeria - why is this? why are they upset that mtn is following their mindset ?

That is a pure lie, we use their services and we are the ones bearing all the cost not them, they charge $80 for 3 gigabytes in a month, once you use up your 3 gig even in just 1 week, your $80 (10,000 naira) is gone and you have to resubscribe, not only them, it goes with the rest gsm companies in Nigeria but theirs just too much, very inconsistent.

I now use starcomms and nothing like download limit.
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by luluosas(m): 12:05pm On Jan 12, 2010
I hate this network. If all Nigerians can reason like me, the best thing to do is to start encouraging our indigenous providers like glo and Visafone. Let's kick them out by stopping the usage of their services.
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 12, 2010
^^^^^

starcomms is the only company that does not have a download limit - so thats not exactly relevant

i wonder why globacom that everyone keeps lauding are also using download limits?

if  my memory serves me correctly, the download limit is a business model used all over the world, and not just in nigeria

starcomms absence of a download limit is not out of altruism, bur simply a means to carve out a niche in the market

i also use starcomms, and if they impose a limit i will jump ship sharp sharp
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by bisiaet: 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2010
Anyway for whatever reasons they did that left to them they can NOT in anyway compare Nigeria market force with Ghana so if they pull away to Ghana well goodluck to them.
I knw they may say because elecctricity is not stable and so on but to me that is not a real point because other operator are still operating in Nigeria
so if they want to go to Ghana or if they have gone goodluck to them,
the truth is I remain die hard Nigerian and I will always be a Nigeria but if any body or country is happy at the current situation of Nigeria and because of want to crash us down more they will fail because I had said this to a couple of friends before that during those days when Ghana was not ok and they all ran away to everypart of the world
and Nigeria was doing well then I dont think any company from Ghana relocated to Nigeria then but now that we are currently going through this messy situation everybody says Ghana, Ghana but as a person I still bent on the fact that one good day we shall come out this and that does not make me to place Ghana or now be looking at Ghana or Ghanaian as a ghost or too important never and never.
So if anybody want to go or any business want to go to Ghana please go and never come back ok.
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by honeric01(m): 12:13pm On Jan 12, 2010
oyb:

^^^^^

starcomms is the only company that does not have a download limit - so thats not exactly relevant

i wonder why globacom that everyone keeps lauding are also using download limits?

if  my memory serves me correctly, the download limit is a business model used all over the world, and not just in nigeria

starcomms absence of a download limit is not out of altruism, bur simply a means to carve out a niche in the market

i also use starcomms, and if they impose a limit i will jump ship sharp sharp

You are wrong again, not only starcomms, Multi-link/telkon is there, Zoom is there too and others are there too.
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 12, 2010
the odd thing is that this is nothing more than ridiculous misplaced national pride

do you have any idea how much investment mtn has in nigeria?

how many people they have given employment to?

how man businesses have they provided with opportunities

base stations, call centres, regional offices, switches ,

its sad that most of us cannot see beyond our noses - revoke their license - we don't need them - i that were to happen the same people would start threads cursing ndukwe for making nigerians lose their jobs, contractors go under etc.
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 12, 2010
honeric01:

You are wrong again, not only starcomms, Multi-link/telkon is there, Zoom is there too and others are there too.

abeg please dont include those 3kbps companies jor
Re: Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana by Teminio: 12:18pm On Jan 12, 2010
@Chapelle.S
You talk about respect, but please note that respect is earned, it does not grow on the tree.
@poster & others
MTN has done what it considered right. No sane individual or corporate organisation will prefer a hostile and unstable environment like Nigeria to Ghana. It is so expensive to do business in Nigeria. Even local Nigerian businesses are now moving out of the country.
It is so sad this is happening, and we have no government in place to address the migration.
With the current shenanigan in our polity couple with the economic situation that have witnessed the exit of professionals from their jobs, many more Nigerians are dusting their passports to leave this country. Will you blame anyone?

It is a shame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? / Lagos Govt Shuts Down Alade Market Over Environmental Violation / I Need Old Original Coral Bead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.