Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,168 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number (30385 Views)

9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone / I Accidentally Pour Super Glue On My Screen / What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by NLFreak(m): 10:59pm On May 14, 2017
I was trying to recharge my airtel line with 2,500 for data subscription using firstmobile Android app but I accidentally wrote 3 instead 2 when inputting the phone number. My account was debited and I realised my mistake when my line wasn't credited.

Please does anyone know anyway I can recover the money or is it gone for good?

PS: I tried to call the number I accidentally sent the airtime to but it says call forwarded then not reachable.
Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by dingbang(m): 11:07pm On May 14, 2017
You sent it to a number that is not active...
Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by menxer: 11:07pm On May 14, 2017
Call it accidental discharge, the damage is always hard to undo.

Besides, count it as a Seed sown, though it may not germinate. grin

14 Likes

Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by dominique(f): 11:08pm On May 14, 2017
Call airtel contact center and explain it to them. They should be able to transfer the airtime back to you. Hope it was an airtel line you credited?
Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by NLFreak(m): 11:09pm On May 14, 2017
dingbang:
You sent it to a number that is not active...

If this is true, will the bank reverse the transaction?

1 Like

Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by dingbang(m): 11:10pm On May 14, 2017
NLFreak:

If this is true, will the bank reverse the transaction?
no . the bank will not... The airtime is gone and you have to deal with it ..

2 Likes

Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by NLFreak(m): 11:10pm On May 14, 2017
dominique:
Call airtel contact center and explain it to them. They should be able to transfer the airtime back to you. Hope it was an airtel line you credited?

I'm not really sure if it's an airtel line. I just wrote 3 instead of 2 at the third to last number. I'll call them now. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by NLFreak(m): 11:11pm On May 14, 2017
dingbang:
no . the bank will not... The airtime is gone and you have to deal with it ..

OK thanks.
Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by menxer: 11:13pm On May 14, 2017
dominique:

I doubt they will transfer it back. I had a similar experience with an etisalat subscriber, I was told to contact the person.

I guess it is illegal to transfer someone's credit from the back-office without the person's consent.
Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by dominique(f): 11:22pm On May 14, 2017
menxer:

I doubt they will transfer it back. I had a similar experience with an etisalat subscriber, I was told to contact the person.

I guess it is illegal to transfer someone's credit from the back-office without the person's consent.

No harm in trying his luck.

3 Likes

Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by NLFreak(m): 11:29pm On May 14, 2017
dominique:

No harm in trying his luck.

I tried, they said I should keep trying the number or go to the bank and see what they can do. The money is gone for good. Thanks for your reply.

4 Likes

Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by Solowande(m): 11:33pm On May 14, 2017
Bro wetin don lost don lost o.

3 Likes

Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by Nonsoco80(m): 12:16am On May 15, 2017
NLFreak:

I tried, they said I should keep trying the number or go to the bank and see what they can do. The money is gone for good. Thanks for your reply.
if it is not Airtel line, but u selected Airtel from list of operators, ur bank will reverse the money. It happens to me one time

1 Like

Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by NLFreak(m): 7:22am On May 15, 2017
Nonsoco80:
if it is not Airtel line, but u selected Airtel from list of operators, ur bank will reverse the money. It happens to me one time

I hope so mehn. I don give up on the money sha
Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by AstuteJay: 8:16am On May 15, 2017
I once transferred #9k airtime to a wrong number, one digit was wrong just like OP's case.

I called the line, an Hausa guy picked up and I told him the error, he asked me to call back for him to confirm. The guy transfered back to my line o, he did not even know how to transfer, I had to tell him the code to dial.

4 Likes

Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by Abdstrakt(m): 9:31am On May 15, 2017
AstuteJay:
I once transferred #9k airtime to a wrong number, one digit was wrong just like OP's case.

I called the line, an Hausa guy picked up and I told him the error, he asked me to call back for him to confirm. The guy transfered back to my line o, he did not even know how to transfer, I had to tell him the code to dial.

Happened to me too. 2k and the Hausa man genuinely felt sorry for me and wanted to transfer it back but say he doesn't know how. My hausa isn't that good and i couldn't explain to him how to transfer it back. I just told him to keep it.

On a side note: why all wrong numbers dey direct to mostly hausa people?

3 Likes

Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by Casemiro(m): 11:19am On Dec 14, 2018
> it is well

hehe
choi shocked big momas garden
Natural home remedies

1 Like

Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by Rebornhombre: 12:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
It happened to me, using airtel, it was reversed in 10days.

1 Like

Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by daranna: 12:59pm On Oct 24, 2019
I accidentally transfered mtn airtime of 5k to a wrong number, by missing one number, unfortunately, it was an Hausa guy that called my line after receiving the airtime credit, spoke in english, asked my name, later told me wrong number and ended the call. I called back, he started speaking hausa and pretending he didn't understand what i was talking about.
What do i do pls?
Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by partnerbizn3(f): 4:05pm On Oct 24, 2019
daranna:
I accidentally transfered mtn airtime of 5k to a wrong number, by missing one number, unfortunately, it was an Hausa guy that called my line after receiving the airtime credit, spoke in english, asked my name, later told me wrong number and ended the call. I called back, he started speaking hausa and pretending he didn't understand what i was talking about.
What do i do pls?
put pressure on customer care -180, they can reverse it.
Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by jclassiq(m): 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
Its gone for good. The bank can't do anything
Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by awoo47: 4:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
even if d number no exist dem go still chop d money
Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by fineboynl(m): 4:34am On Jan 16, 2021
Rebornhombre:
It happened to me, using airtel, it was reversed in 10days.
how was it reverse?
Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by mzTarsh(f): 4:40pm On Mar 16, 2021
My story oo... Just mistakenly transferred 3k via firstmonie app I was debited twice... Called the bank and mtn they said their hands are tied and the line is switched off.
Re: I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number by ollymer73(m): 9:29pm On Mar 16, 2021
NLFreak:
I was trying to recharge my airtel line with 2,500 for data subscription using firstmobile Android app but I accidentally wrote 3 instead 2 when inputting the phone number. My account was debited and I realised my mistake when my line wasn't credited.

Please does anyone know anyway I can recover the money or is it gone for good?

PS: I tried to call the number I accidentally sent the airtime to but it says call forwarded then not reachable.

I have recovered that do many times, write mtn thru Twitter

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Block An Incoming Call On Nokia Touchlight/mtn Line / Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 / How To Upgrade Infinix Hot Note To Lollipop 5.1 [hot Thread]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.