Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,986 members, 7,952,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:21 AM

10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know (11542 Views)

Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About / 10 Safety Features In Cars Invented By Volvo / 10 Safety Tips For Night Driving You Should Never Neglect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by AutoJoshNG: 12:55pm On May 15, 2017
Planning on boarding a taxi ?,whether its the "local" ones or one of the services springing up from all nook and crannies.Your safety is of utmost importance.

So what safety procedures should you take ?.

In no particular order, lets find out !.

1.Make Use Of Parks

If you are going the "local" or regular way ,I mean the "kabu kabu" ,make sure you make use of parks .Its easy to identify them,look out for logos and sign boards designated to an association of taxi drivers .

2.Use Trusted Services

If you have to go the other way and make use of modern services that are springing up everyday,be careful to use the genuine ones .There are quite a lot of ride sharing and taxi services springing up nowadays,so be careful.

3.Always Sit At The Back

We Africans love respect ,and we have this notion that when you sit at the back of a car while an elderly man drives ,its disrespectful.Bear in mind that its a professional service being rendered and your safety comes first.

When you sit at the front its easy to gain access to you if any harm is intended.

4.Try Not To Travel At Night

I know this seems too pushy ,but its best if you can just avoid night travels .

Its easy for harm to come to you when you travel at night ,not just from the taxi driver ,but from other factors such as armed robbery.

5.Send The Plate Number To Someone Close

Just as an extra line of defense and safety,take a picture of the car and the plate number and send it to a family or friend .

6.Share Your Location At All Times

Sending the car information is not enough , he could have placed a decoy plate number .

So at all times share your location ,there are apps that can help you share your real time location with a loved one .

7.Always Have A Decoy ATM Card

Don't carry your 'real' ATM card with you,move around with another with very little cash meant for emergency.

When you need more cash you can always do a transfer .

8.Be Polite

The rate at which taxi drivers are beating people up, especially women is getting alarming .

I am in no way supporting violence,but cases like this can be averted if passengers are polite .Passengers,mostly Nigerians like behaving like kings when they board a taxi.

So be polite always and avoid confrontation .

9.Maintain Eye Contact

When negotiating with the driver before boarding ,maintain eye contact with him/her.

Most times when they have ulterior motives they would get jittery and try to avoid eye contact.

10.Surrender

I hope it doesn't happen,but if everything goes bad and he turns out to be a robber .Just give up all your items,don't struggle .Your life is more valuable than all what you own.

Enjoyed this ?

Kindly like and share

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/10-safety-tips-for-taxi-passengers-you-must-know/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by neweraomo: 12:58pm On May 15, 2017
OK.. Noted

1 Like

Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by adeniyi3971(m): 12:58pm On May 15, 2017
it's autojosh again

1 Like

Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by slawomir: 12:58pm On May 15, 2017
students will hardly observe these safety tips. especially that number one
imagine me travelling to school. then you will expect me to go and spend much at the park.
when I can spend half of that money if I stand on the road.
imagine me sitting at the back. all those eighteen sitter bus when be say if accident happen to jump come out na war
travelling at night is the sweetest. my guys for hostel nor go even know when I go take show
who want dey look driver for eye? I be homosexual? I dey look man like me inside eye

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by maskamdo(m): 12:59pm On May 15, 2017
If possible move in pairs

4 Likes

Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by ThisTrend(f): 1:02pm On May 15, 2017
Thanks for this..
Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by Relevance(m): 1:02pm On May 15, 2017
Very insightful.
Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by abiolag(m): 1:03pm On May 15, 2017
Good points noted
Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by ddddon(m): 1:04pm On May 15, 2017
Of everything said here, the last line of *surrender* na im make sense pass. Make person no go do pass himself. grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by Oblitz(m): 1:06pm On May 15, 2017
Nice info
Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by Oblitz(m): 1:09pm On May 15, 2017
Nice info

check my signature
Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by Oblitz(m): 1:10pm On May 15, 2017
Nice info

check my signature
Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by Kakamorufu(m): 1:10pm On May 15, 2017
gonna do that eye contact stuff on those micra dudes in my city... cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by Goldenheart(m): 1:11pm On May 15, 2017
cool
Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by coalcoal1(m): 1:13pm On May 15, 2017
ok... thanks for the info
Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by PastorAji(m): 1:13pm On May 15, 2017
Egbeda-Oluwo-Toll Gate Micra drivers would allow you to look dem in the eye or Ojoo-Sango-Mokola drivers get una time say mek u dey look dem for eye
Kakamorufu:
gonna do that eye contact stuff on those micra dudes in my city... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by 0mololar: 1:15pm On May 15, 2017
okay
Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by toseen7: 1:20pm On May 15, 2017
Nice tips, No 1 is very important.....
Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by seunny4lif(m): 1:25pm On May 15, 2017
cool cool cool
Nice one but only in Lagos sha
Cos Akure na only taxi grin grin
Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by tempex88(m): 1:27pm On May 15, 2017
you forgot some important tips.

1. Never allow a taxi man drop u in ur house. Drop some few meters away such that the driver will not know your home.

2. Also avoid discussing millions and millions, deals etc in taxi's.

3. Don't sleep no matter how tired.

10 Likes

Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by Freeezzz(m): 1:39pm On May 15, 2017
Take up self-defense class, preferably Taekwondo or Krav Maga, trust me, it comes in handy.
cool

5 Likes

Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by darlingnuel(m): 2:10pm On May 15, 2017
And what if he wants to kidnap you? would you also advise the victim to surrender?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by Adesege(m): 2:14pm On May 15, 2017
nice
Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by ufumes(m): 2:22pm On May 15, 2017
Nice tips
Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by omoade1890(m): 2:24pm On May 15, 2017
grin
slawomir:
imagine me travelling to school. then you will expect me to go and spend much at the park.
imagine me sitting at the back. all those eighteen sitter bus when be say if accident happen to jump come out na war
travelling at night is the sweetest. my guys for hostel nor go even know when I go take show
who want dey look driver for eye? I be homosexual? I dey look man like me inside eye

boss u af talked my thoughts...it's high time u get off my head n stop commenting wat I think. lol.... I like dat feeling when I enter hostel by 11-12pmgrin

1 Like

Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by ponkitibobo: 2:36pm On May 15, 2017

Must you air your negative and childish tots. Nairaland is filled with babies now.
Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by IdeeEsperanza(m): 2:44pm On May 15, 2017
And girls, don't leave the house under heated argument or issue at night. No matter how worse the issue. A friend of mine left her boyfriend's house around past 11pm. What happened to her, na only me sabi.

1 Like

Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by 3DCYCLOPS: 2:50pm On May 15, 2017
nice
The way I bone my face when boarding a taxi ehn

the driver would even be scared of me robbing him grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know by blessingee: 3:01pm On May 15, 2017
8. Be polite. Thats what i heard caused the taxify beating...."e" and "o" .... My yoruba brothers and sisters will know the difference grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Between Camry Spider And Honda Evil Spirit / Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? / 10 Ways To Give Your Car Nice Treats This 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.