Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads (10942 Views)

The Present State Of Apapa Road / The True State Of Apapa Wharf Road (photos And Video) / Osinbajo Takes Aerial View Of Apapa-Oshodi From A Helicopter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by joepentwo(m): 2:40pm On May 15, 2017
sirjude01:
We did it last week and we are doing it today again call now to subscribe
y u no do nd gt rich 4ever
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by Yuneehk(f): 2:40pm On May 15, 2017
Joavid:
The road is really terrible.

is it state a federal road?
Photos aren't doing justice to the state of the roads in Apapa. I went through there yesterday and had to use bike to get to my destination. No idea if it's a state or federal road but the government really needs to do something about the road ASAP
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by Bobulopsy(m): 2:46pm On May 15, 2017
allrightsir:
after they spoit it by overloading their trucks and turning it to a parking lot?
I wonder where some people put their senses when they want to comment on a thread #receivebrain
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 15, 2017
This is what is called protests, not the idiots called themselves labour union and others used to do.

It's just that Nigerian's drivers are scared of dying for something, yet they are dying for nothing. If all the states, local governments and every junctions taxi drivers wants to stop spending monies to fixing their cars every week, let them wake up from their slumber and demand all the roads for their businesses to be fixed in six months periods.

Two months protests alone will sit up these thieves in governments or politicians to fulfill their campaigns promises.
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by sweetgala(m): 2:49pm On May 15, 2017
neoShinto:
The monies Tin Can Island generates alone runs into billions

The Abule Egba flyover has been completed and it looks amazing

Ambode really needs to prioritise the projects involving commercial hubs

Eko o ni baje o!

Apapa tin can road is FG

Lagos SG has been seeking the handover of that road from FG for over 8 years now

1 Like

Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by openmine(m): 2:52pm On May 15, 2017
Beremx:
Meanwhile, Joe Igbokwe still blames Jonathan for the deplorable state of that road on his Facebook page.

Useless government!!
Unbelievable shocked shocked

Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by Bobulopsy(m): 2:52pm On May 15, 2017
Yuneehk:

Photos aren't doing justice to the state of the roads in Apapa. I went through there yesterday and had to use bike to get to my destination. No idea if it's a state or federal road but the government really needs to do something about the road ASAP
its a federal road
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by sweetgala(m): 2:52pm On May 15, 2017
Beremx:
Meanwhile, Joe Igbokwe still blames Jonathan for the deplorable state of that road on his Facebook page.

Useless government!!

Without a doubt between OBJ and GEJ , Lagos SG were ready to repair the road with their own money but GEJ wouldn't even enter into an agreement that would see the LASG do something about it.

OBJ hated Lagos period that was his own reason
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by Yuneehk(f): 2:55pm On May 15, 2017
Bobulopsy:
its a federal road
Thanks smiley
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by odaniel1(m): 3:00pm On May 15, 2017
Originalsly:
Protesting by downing tools?...that's not as effective as using their trucks to bring the entire city to a standstill by choking off the main roads. How?...by having trucks conveniently breaking down at key points and others lining up behind and besides them... while others simply be driving slowly in circles. Results will come fast.

As well as Arrests... grin
Originalsly:
Protesting by downing tools?...that's not as effective as using their trucks to bring the entire city to a standstill by choking off the main roads. How?...by having trucks conveniently breaking down at key points and others lining up behind and besides them... while others simply be driving slowly in circles. Results will come fast.

As well as Arrests...
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 15, 2017
`
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by Bobulopsy(m): 3:09pm On May 15, 2017
sweetgala:

Without a doubt between OBJ and GEJ , Lagos SG were ready to repair the road with their own money but GEJ wouldn't even enter into an agreement that would see the LASG do something about it.

try to be guided with informations you gave online,it was even Fahola that's blocking Ambode from taking their glory by renovating FGS road in Lagos state
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 15, 2017
`
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by obayaya(m): 3:17pm On May 15, 2017
Beremx:

Useless government!!

Auntie..

Na You be this? shocked
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by ogunsj: 3:28pm On May 15, 2017
yourexcellency:
God punish the FG for abandoning that road that generates billions for them....I cant take my car to that place
not just the federal government but specifically babatunde raji fashola. when fashola was the governor I can still recall the statement he made concerning that road. he said " apapa road belong to the federal government, they make a lot of money from there so, they should come and fix it". now he's in charge and the devil has silenced him. God will punish him for, because that's my route.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by idesylvester(m): 3:32pm On May 15, 2017
Bro you rather trek walai... That road is like another port
yourexcellency:
God punish the FG for abandoning that road that generates billions for them....I cant take my car to that place
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 15, 2017
doctokwus:

shocked shocked
Indeed d govt can really frustrate one to point of disillusionment.
It's well,even if it's not well. grin
Buhari's roads.
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by buffalowings4: 3:56pm On May 15, 2017
They had better go siddon look

Or the road resemble Abuja airport runway grin
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by ogunsj: 4:00pm On May 15, 2017
Awho:
Nigeria has an opportunity of crating an alternative route by opening up the calabar port but no they won't do that.

they rather prefer over loading that single apapa port and every day we keep hearing of many Nigerians losing their lives to falling trucks and containers

a country as large as Nigeria should be ashamed of her self to say she still have just one single port and yet we keep preaching economic growth and development

when china has even developed a computerised port.

I pity this country
you are right. aside Lagos, we have 5 other dead or moribund ports, 2 in delta, koko port and warri port, 2 in port Harcourt, while one in calabar. all these dead ports are all in the south south yet we had a president from the south south who never bothered about them and by extension the progress of his people. sadly, you keep hearing he is our brother, from the people of that region.

1 Like

Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by Beremx(f): 4:04pm On May 15, 2017
sweetgala:

GEJ is no longer President. What is stopping Ambode from entering into an agreement with FG? The same APC government?
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by tylesh(f): 4:06pm On May 15, 2017
I work in Apapa and it's cray. I trek sote, trekking trek me
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by Awho(m): 4:29pm On May 15, 2017
ogunsj:
you are right. aside Lagos, we have 5 other dead or moribund ports, 2 in delta, koko port and warri port, 2 in port Harcourt, while one in calabar. all these dead ports are all in the south south yet we had a president from the south south who never bothered about them and by extension the progress of his people. sadly, you keep hearing he is our brother, from the people of that region.

I'll literally say we should stop crying over spilt milk. he came played his part and he became part of the story is over

now what becomes of our Rotimi Amechi (minister of transport ) and his party members who keep preaching diversification is it that trade is not part of their diversification plan? or those it mean nothing good can ever come out of that region? just wondering
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by Dedetwo(m): 4:35pm On May 15, 2017
With all the federal government presence in Lagos State, yet the so-called best governors in Nigeria from the Lagos State could take good care of a road. Some folks in Nigeria are totally loudmouthed.
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by Blue3k(m): 4:37pm On May 15, 2017
Dedetwo:
With all the federal government presence in Lagos State, yet the so-called best governors in Nigeria from the Lagos State could take good care of a road. Some folks in Nigeria are totally loudmouthed.

Did u miss part about this being a federal road. They group already appealed to the Federal Government with many letters. They sent notices to NPA about it. They said they awarded a contract but no work has been done.
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by sweetgala(m): 6:50pm On May 15, 2017
Beremx:
GEJ is no longer President. What is stopping Ambode from entering into an agreement with FG? The same APC government?

FG has already started transfer of important assets to.LASG , but there is no allocation currently in 2016. I've also heard an interview Fashola gave where he made it clear any closure of the road for repairs would cause major inconvenience which these same group protesting were against when it was put forward to them that was in last year's budget.

I'll have to see if the road has been included in the 217 budget
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by sweetgala(m): 6:55pm On May 15, 2017
Bobulopsy:
try to be guided with informations you gave online,it was even Fahola that's blocking Ambode from taking their glory by renovating FGS road in Lagos state

Lagos state wants to be re-payed for the repair of the airport road for instance , which Fahsola has limited funds for his 3 ministries to go round.
LASG had already received the FG residence and the stadium .

There is politics involved beyond Fashola

1 Like

Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by mikolo80: 5:03am On May 16, 2017
AutoReportNG:
Truck owners and freight forwarders at the Tin Can Island and Apapa ports have threatened to down tools on Monday barring a last minute intervention.

The truck owners under the auspices of the Amalgamation of Trucking Associations with Other Stakeholders in Maritime Industry (ATOSMI) are protesting the deplorable condition of Apapa roads.

A statement signed by ATOSMI chairman, Comrade Victor Nnyosum, lamented that the state of the Tin Can/Apapa roads was responsible for the destruction of trucks, goods and even loss of lives.

Nnyosum noted that their resolution to down tools had been sent to the director-general of NIMASA, Dr Dakuku Perterside; executive secretary, Nigerian Shippers Council (NSC), Hassan Bello; and managing director of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), Hajia Hadiza Bala Usman.

The workers stated that the strike would last till the Apapa roads get fixed by the government.

In a related development, the national publicity secretary of the Association of Nigerian Licensed Customs Agents (ANLCA), Dr Kayode Farinto, has declared ANLCA’s full support for the withdrawal of services by the port workers.

According to the Sun, a similar notice of strike action over the state of the Apapa roads had been sent to the government by another group, the National Association of Government Approved Freight Forwarders (NAGAFF).

The letters threatening strike action is said to have prompted the Comptroller General of Customs, Colonel Hameed Ali, to request a meeting to appease the groups.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/05/truck-owners-freight-forwarders-protest.html

they should contribute and patch or fix the road Abeg and allow us hia word
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by mikolo80: 5:07am On May 16, 2017
doingood:
Very useless government. They make so much revenue from apapa port yet d road is d worst in Lagos. I ply d road almost every day and I pity d life we live in Lagos. Thank God for d protest 2day.
instead of protesting everyone carry one hand of sansand and gravel every day till the holes fill up. plastic also works and doesn't degrade
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by mikolo80: 5:07am On May 16, 2017
yourexcellency:
una wen collect rice and vote for tribe and religion nko. wetin make him do una.
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by mikolo80: 5:08am On May 16, 2017
Blue3k:
NPA and fraud and waste are too much. Why exactly do people need to threaten the Feder as l government into action. It's not like they don't make money on this port.
cos that's how a democracy works. abi you think Oyinbo just sit down and things happen without effort?
Re: Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads by mikolo80: 5:16am On May 16, 2017
Originalsly:
you'll be surprised how quickly they will all be towed away by army and fined for obstruction

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language / I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! / Maina: Buhari's Culture Of Corruption Finally Unfolds By Erasmus Ikhide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.