Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look (40921 Views)

We Will Deliver Second Niger Bridge As Contracted, Julius Berger Assures Reps / Updates On 2nd Niger Bridge As Obi Of Onitsha Visits (videos, Pics) / APC Chairman, Oshiomhole Wears New Look (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by SalamRushdie: 8:56am On May 16, 2017
4dor:

Lmao. You're not a true lagosian, with this logic we might as well call Jakande, Marwa and Tinubu non performers. For the records, this is what real continuity in government looks like, when the next governor comes you will feel Ambode is a corrupt fraud.

I was born in Lagos so I know what I am saying , Fashola was a deceptive fraud but Lagosian who were used to mediocrity started hailing hime over very mediocre and mundane things .. During the campaigns i was vehemently against Ambode because of his fat Tummy ( see from experience I never trust men or women with fat tummies because that tummy got there as a result of lack of discipline and greed) but within 4 weeks Ambode had me changing my mind and now I am a die hard fan of the guy.
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by wellmax(m): 8:57am On May 16, 2017
raker300:
am telling you. That's why nairaland mods don't waste time to push these type of topics to frontpage.

Imagine if this happened in anambra state...hypocritical nigerians

Just IF, and of ours it will NEVER happen there.
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by hardbody: 8:58am On May 16, 2017
APCmyheart:

And why have you choosen to pay tax in Lagos? Why not relocate back to your state and pay tax so you state can also be developed like Lagos..

I am a Nigerian, I choose to live and develop wherever I am.

I am not a charlatan and not interested in your silly ipob/brown roof/wailer/zombie dichotomy.

I am interested in good governance and appreciate one when i see it happening.

All I have said is that Ambode or whoever it is has put tax payers money to good use, is that something difficult to comprehend? How God created your likes alongside me still remains inexplicable.
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by hardbody: 8:59am On May 16, 2017
APCmyheart:

And why have you choosen to pay tax in Lagos? Why not relocate back to your state and pay tax so you state can also be developed like Lagos..

I give up on you.
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by taiwo3489(m): 9:00am On May 16, 2017
[quote author=hardbody post=56564725]

Yes, Lagos is a country on its own being run with our money. My tax alone is probably more than your income in a quarter. So spare us all these crap.

It is a good thing he has developed that axis more, but let us leave it at what it is, governance.

I also have a property there, for your information. At Ojodu specifically. I know the amount i pay on property tax alone. What the heck.[/quote

Lolzzzz....I guess we afonja should start having properties in our fellow IPOB regions...U know d rest...
#Peace
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by proffc: 9:02am On May 16, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Lagos was foremost developed because it was the capital of Nigeria for many years until the betrayers sold their birthright to the north.

So don't make noise in this place.

No, Lagos is what it is because of the keen administrative capabilities of the Yoruba people (I'm not playing a tribe card here before bigots start their nonsense, since we may as well agree that all tribes have their strengths).

I will now tell you why I think so:
Before the war, Ibadan (the capital of the then Western Region) was more populated than Lagos, that is if it wasn't the most populous in Nigeria at the time (evidence why this was is still evident in Ibadan today, the estates -Oluyole, Bodija & Agodi quickly comes to mind -, Dugbe, Ring-road etc). Ibadan was what it was because of Yoruba civil servants ditto Lagos.

So yes, Lagos benefited from being a capital. But to now solely put the greatness of Lagos today on that singular reason will be doing injustice to logical reasoning and conclusion.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by YTderin(f): 9:03am On May 16, 2017
wristbangle:

Lol Amosun has resumed work hence intensifying contractors to finish work asap for other projects to kick off. Your eyes will soon clear when u enter ogun state, you will think you are in lagos.
Which Ogun state Hope you aren't referring to only Abeokuta.
Until Amosun remembers Sango-ota, you can refer to Ogun state.
LAGOS is experiencing development everywhere. Amosun is only focusing on Abeokuta.
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by application(f): 9:04am On May 16, 2017
ApolitiCal:
The only developing part of afonja land. Brown roofs people
Thank you so much. At least we have brown roof, much better than thatch roof flat head people.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by whizpa(m): 9:04am On May 16, 2017
sarrki:
Where are the developers

You opened the floor for tribalism on this thread, like many other threads you comment on..
I hope you get paid for all your troubles?
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by bakynes(m): 9:04am On May 16, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I was born in Lagos so I know what I am saying , Fashola was a deceptive fraud but Lagosian who were used to mediocrity started hailing hime over very mediocre and mundane things .. During the campaigns i was vehemently against Ambode because of his fat Tummy ( see from experience I never trust men or women with fat tummies because that tummy got there as a result of lack of discipline and greed) but within 4 weeks Ambode had me changing my mind and now I am a die hard fan of the guy.
You don't know anything at all so you think Ambode too is not corrupt wait till he leaves office then you will know. There is no Governor in Nigeria that isn't corrupt just that likes of Fashola and Ambode are using major part of the state money to develop Lagos.

I repeat Jakande and Fashola are still the best governors of Lagos state. Ambode is on his way to be abovel those two but till then,those two are the best governors of Lagos.
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by eyiyemi1: 9:07am On May 16, 2017
wristbangle:

Lol Amosun has resumed work hence intensifying contractors to finish work asap for other projects to kick off. Your eyes will soon clear when u enter ogun state, you will think you are in lagos.
after 5 years abi....cluelessness (if this is a world) is worrying him
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by okenwa101(m): 9:08am On May 16, 2017
SalamRushdie:
When I said Ambode was the best Governor Nigeria has seen since independence some fools called me names ..

someone cleared ground for him to have a breathing space to work (fashola) else he would have been suffocated, let us learn the culture of remembering the past to help modify the future if not things keep repeating. though as minister of works and power, he is being suffocated now!!!!
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by 4dor: 9:09am On May 16, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Nope! He wasn't. You see, this APC that people are shouting everywhere now, that's possible because of Fashola. He's the poster boy of ACN-APC mass appeal. I will agree that he mellowed down during his second term but the truth is almost all second term governors do that in this country. You know what his fellow governors used to call him at the governor's forum? "Class Captain". Why do you think this was so?

From fixing Oshodi, to security, to how the Ebola issue was handled and especially with that security Council that Ambode has worked to even improve you can't just rubbish Fashola. He's not perfect but he's very good by Nigerian standards, I've taken time to do this for posterity sake, it will be bad if we distort history for the coming generation.

Please take time to Google and see stories and events from when he was Governor, that should settle it.
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by longerthroat(m): 9:10am On May 16, 2017
raker300:
if this thread was about igbo governors now, you'll say "just because of flyover"...now nah lagos governor, you go begin to dey praise am

this one na pedestrian oo.
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by janefarms2015: 9:14am On May 16, 2017
sarrki:

I don't think they are fools

They are just confused

What most people dont know is that governance is a continuous thing, even in advance countries projects springs up daily, the mega city idea was formed and partly executed by Tinubu, Fashola and Ambode are fully consolidating it, the idea would have changed if another party has taken over lagos state, they would have abandoned these laudable ideas, and start their own which 8 years will not be enough for us to record any achievement, after Ambode, another Governor will continue in other parts of lagos that are under developed, Eko oni baje ooo!
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by hohafrank(m): 9:14am On May 16, 2017
SalamRushdie:
When I said Ambode was the best Governor Nigeria has seen since independence some fools called me names ..
Lagos land mass is 10% of most of the states in Nigeria. So any little project (s) will look like big achievement. Let him go to states like Delta or Eboyi,he will get confused not knowing where to start.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by Oletubo(m): 9:16am On May 16, 2017
This is lovely
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by dman4mdmoon(m): 9:16am On May 16, 2017
modik:

he [Ambo} is not gay.

besides, he is a devoted christian and a husband of only one female wife.

Who tell you say na only one wife Ambode get?
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by 3rdavefarms(m): 9:17am On May 16, 2017
You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by AlNur: 9:17am On May 16, 2017
[quote author=wristbangle post=56564780]

Smh. Have u visited Abeokuta, Akute and Ibadan recently? [/quote Lol! this same Abeokuta i live in!? joker
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by Slurity(m): 9:18am On May 16, 2017
ApolitiCal:
At least a part is developing. Thank you
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by APCmyheart(m): 9:20am On May 16, 2017
hardbody:

I am a Nigerian, I choose to live and develop wherever I am.

I am not a charlatan and not interested in your silly ipob/brown roof/wailer/zombie dichotomy.

I am interested in good governance and appreciate one when i see it happening.

All I have said is that Ambode or whoever it is has put tax payers money to good use, is that something difficult to comprehend? How God created your likes alongside me still remains inexplicable.

GO back and your your comment i quote to as to know why i say that, You are boasting that your tax is more than some people quarterly salary like you are the only one paying tax..

That was your comment below abeg who your tax Epp? Go back to your state and go develop your state with your tax..

hardbody:

Yes, Lagos is a country on its own being run with our money. My tax alone is probably more than your income in a quarter. So spare us all these crap.

It is a good thing he has developed that axis more, but let us leave it at what it is, governance.

I also have a property there, for your information. At Ojodu specifically. I know the amount i pay on property tax alone. What the heck.
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by Teeboi56: 9:21am On May 16, 2017
ApolitiCal:
Your own roofs is yellow abi F.....k u Badstard

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by APCmyheart(m): 9:21am On May 16, 2017
hardbody:

I give up on you.

LOL same way i do on you..
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by Originalsly: 9:22am On May 16, 2017
Hmmm.... I am yet to understand why in 2017 our city planners are still stuck with pedestrian overpass walkways as the go to means for street crossing. Do they ever consider the extra hardship it will cause the aged?..the handicapped? ...late staged pregnant mothers?...or those with heavy loads? They should know better.
Just wondering. ...what is the clearance height of the overpass?.... and what if a truck has cargo above the clearance height. .. how will it get pass that point?....is there a detoir/bypass road?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by adeoba2008(m): 9:22am On May 16, 2017
With this , CCECC now show that they can withstand Julius Berger shoulder to shoulder. Congrat to Ambode
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by wristbangle: 9:23am On May 16, 2017
[quote author=AlNur post=56566224][/quote]

Where do u live in Abeokuta? cool
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by almarthins(m): 9:23am On May 16, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I never one day fell for Fashola propaganda ..I knew he was a corrupt fraud and regular Nigerian mediocre leader from day one ..

Sharap! It was fashola's developmental contributions that made acn a force to be recon with in south west and beyond. U pple are too quick to forget.
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by eyinjuege: 9:26am On May 16, 2017
bakynes:

You are deluded with hate, Jakande next to Fashola are still the best Governors Lagos has ever produced.

Fashola created all the existing agencies and structures in Lagos today we can never forget him. Ambode hasn't even done quarter of what Fashola did in Lagos.

You can go take your medicines, paranoia, delusions are serious mental health issues. Hope you've not been hearing voices and seeing things.
The master plan was put down during Tinubu's tenure. Fashola had a lot of hype and media attention for irrelevant things. Ambode performs without any noise. So many things he's put down and still doing not being reported in the media.
Fashola that used a billion dollars / km of road? He left with a lump pension sum of 350million naira, and different juicy policies for his after term.
His day of reckoning is coming. Hopefully sooner than later
Re: Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look by Horus(m): 9:27am On May 16, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4jd5Qifo4c

Aerial View of Berger Pedestrian Bridge Crossing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari At The Mosque For Juma'at Prayers Today (Video) / Buhari Asks MTN To Reduce Data Prices For Nigerians / Photos Of President Buhari With Service Chiefs Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.