Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,194 members, 7,835,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

We Stand By Our Story- Yaradua Is Brain-damaged - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Stand By Our Story- Yaradua Is Brain-damaged (733 Views)

Saraki May Be Going Through Corruption Trial, But We Stand By Him - Abdullahi / We Stand By Our Story On El-Rufai’s N90 Billion Worth - The Union Editor / Governor Suntai Is Brain-damaged - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Stand By Our Story- Yaradua Is Brain-damaged by sammyzacks(m): 2:10pm On Jan 12, 2010
In reaction to the BBC report, NEXT editors said, ‘'we stand by our story, to wit: we have it on good authority that the president has suffered brain damage and other impairments, and is no longer able to effectively discharge the office of president.

Anyone who claims we are wrong should please produce our president, so that he can speak to us directly as Nigerians, and not via an audio clip through a foreign news organization.''

NEXT also said it is willing to immediately dispatch journalists to meet the president in Saudi Arabia as soon as his kitchen cabinet permits access to him. ‘'We would like to see for ourselves and talk directly to our president.

This is one occasion where we would be happily wrong. So we call on those keeping the president hidden from the Nigerian people to produce him immediately for all to see,'' the media organisation said.

http/234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5510776-146/a_man_claiming_to_be_yaradua.csp:/
Re: We Stand By Our Story- Yaradua Is Brain-damaged by Ellyptical: 2:27pm On Jan 12, 2010
While I do not pray that this is true, I would not be surprised if this is actually the truth.

Medically speaking, once oxygen supply to the brain is cut off, it takes about 5 minutes for the brain cells to start dying.

Stroke is a consequence of an abrupt interruption of blood flow to the brain. When the blood supply stops, the nerve cells that are directly deprived of oxygen quickly die and release the chemicals that they use to communicate with each other. One of these neurotransmitters - glutamate - spreads to surrounding cells and sets off a process called excitotoxicity, causing much more widespread cell death. Glutamate triggers a flood of calcium ions into the cells and, for reasons not previously understood, the level of calcium continues to rise and this kills the neurons.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/19373.php

Some of the reports have it that he suffered a stroke while others have it that he might suffered a heart attack, since he has been having issues with his heart and kidney. Both stroke and heart attack affect the brain.
Once a brain cell dies, it cannot be replaced. Brain cells are not replaceable.
Re: We Stand By Our Story- Yaradua Is Brain-damaged by manyus(m): 2:36pm On Jan 12, 2010
If the presidents brain is damaged,then for them not to tell us the condition of our president,the so called "kitchen cabinet's" brains are not anything lesser grin grin grin
Re: We Stand By Our Story- Yaradua Is Brain-damaged by tngtech(m): 2:51pm On Jan 12, 2010
are we talking about brain-damaged or dead,
Re: We Stand By Our Story- Yaradua Is Brain-damaged by Choco9: 2:52pm On Jan 12, 2010
The editor of NEXT news has been reported to be brain dead in an Israeli hospital. He has never been seen in public.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-380158.0.html
Re: We Stand By Our Story- Yaradua Is Brain-damaged by iGuru1(m): 3:00pm On Jan 12, 2010
We Nigerians are not democratic, it seems we are still govern by military.
We should fight for our left, before it too late.

Re: We Stand By Our Story- Yaradua Is Brain-damaged by iGuru1(m): 3:00pm On Jan 12, 2010

Re: We Stand By Our Story- Yaradua Is Brain-damaged by Fhemmmy: 3:02pm On Jan 12, 2010
I dont think there is a need for any proof to argue that Yaradua is no more able to take care of the office of the presidency.
The guy left the nation almost 2 months ago and since then, no formal news on his whereabout, no acting president, no address to the nation, nothing, so we are just like chickens that has no head, we are like travelers in a plane with no pilot.
What a shame.
Re: We Stand By Our Story- Yaradua Is Brain-damaged by Fhemmmy: 3:03pm On Jan 12, 2010
i-Guru:

And what do you think it will take to carry out the fight . . . .or you think it is an e-fight?
Re: We Stand By Our Story- Yaradua Is Brain-damaged by Ellyptical: 3:07pm On Jan 12, 2010
Ellyptical:

While I do not pray that this is true, I would not be surprised if this is actually the truth.

Medically speaking, once oxygen supply to the brain is cut off, it takes about 5 minutes for the brain cells to start dying.

Stroke is a consequence of an abrupt interruption of blood flow to the brain. When the blood supply stops, the nerve cells that are directly deprived of oxygen quickly die and release the chemicals that they use to communicate with each other. One of these neurotransmitters - glutamate - spreads to surrounding cells and sets off a process called excitotoxicity, causing much more widespread cell death. Glutamate triggers a flood of calcium ions into the cells and, for reasons not previously understood, the level of calcium continues to rise and this kills the neurons.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/19373.php

Some of the reports have it that he suffered a stroke while others have it that he might suffered a heart attack, since he has been having issues with his heart and kidney. Both stroke and heart attack affect the brain.
Once a brain cell dies, it cannot be replaced. Brain cells are not replaceable.

The Flight that took him from Abuja to Saudi Arabia was not a five minute flight but a 5 hour flight!
Re: We Stand By Our Story- Yaradua Is Brain-damaged by Fhemmmy: 3:11pm On Jan 12, 2010
Ellyptical:

The Flight that took him from Abuja to Saudi Arabia was not a five minute flight but a 5 hour flight!

I am sure there would be medical experts with him on the place that cld be doing stuff while enroute to Saudi . . . .however, i do agree with you that the dude is probably dead or just a vegetable.
Re: We Stand By Our Story- Yaradua Is Brain-damaged by Fhemmmy: 3:11pm On Jan 12, 2010
I am watching BBC Now and seems like He will be speaking soon, and i hope i will be able to know if he is the one speaking or it is just another lie from the pit of hell.

(1) (Reply)

Aondoaka Is A Goner! / Remove Iwu From Inec, United States Urges Nigeria / Yar’adua’s Mother, Siblings, Not Allowed To See Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.