Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,362 members, 7,839,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

I.C.T. Career Advice - Please Help - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I.C.T. Career Advice - Please Help (606 Views)

Career Advice: Should I Leave The Private Sector For The Public Sector? / My I.t People In The House Pls Advice. Which I.t Career Sholud I Go For. / MSc In UK Versus N183k Job Offer: Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I.C.T. Career Advice - Please Help by elemic(m): 3:31am On May 16, 2017
I have O' level and I will like to pursue a career in I.C.T.

I went to a technical school where I got some skills that got me Job where I am currently working although its engineering (Electrical).

I want to further my education but its difficult as I will be working and schooling and that is almost impossible for an engineering aspirant, that was why I decided to go into I.C.T. since its kind of flexible and I have interest for it.

But I don't know how to start, where to start... I would like to get a degree in a course in I.C.T.

Your suggestions will go a long way.

Thank you.
Re: I.C.T. Career Advice - Please Help by pinkyruledworld(m): 1:51pm On May 16, 2017
lalasticlala come and help this young dude.
you have to ask yourself what career you wanna head toward. networking, database admin bla bla bla. ICT to me is kinda wide and kimda related to comp sc and comp eng. Thi networking aint a bad idea but I guess I ll just leave it to the gurus to come talk more on this. Meanwhile google can help.
#TheGhost
Re: I.C.T. Career Advice - Please Help by OgidiOlu3(m): 5:09pm On May 16, 2017
A career in ICT is a very good choice. ICT has lots of branches. You can be a network engineer, a software developer, a database administrator, an IT business analyst, a software tester, a technical support engineer, etc.

The good thing about ICT is that you don't need to study an IT related course to be an "IT guy", you just need to have passion for your field of choice and dedication to study and practise hard.

If you want to be a software engineer/programmer, I'll advise you go for computer science (or information technology) as a course. Then if you're on holidays or breaks, you can take courses on some select programming languages at some of these computer schools around (like New Horizon and the likes) and practise very well.

If you want to be a network engineer, you can still go for electrical engineering or computer engineering. You can also take professional Cisco courses.

Database administration, software testing or even technical support engineering are mostly subsets of these two main IT fields (Sofware engineering and Network engineering).

(1) (Reply)

Fiber Optic Networking Training / Chinese Company In Ogun State Compensates Worker Crippled By His Boss’ Kung-fu K / Oven Dry Meat....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.