Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,958 members, 7,821,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company (34110 Views)

Imo Women Shut Sterling Global Oil Company Over Unpaid Burial Rites / Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos / Lagos Inaugurates State Oil Company, Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (iogc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by Penexpress: 7:36pm On May 17, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
aribisala0:

To be very polite,your post is unintelligent.
AGIP is Italian
SHELL is Dutch and
TOTAL is French do those countries have oil?
Nestlé is Swiss do they have Cocoa or Coffee?
Oil companies are Value Addition entities. That means they are intelligence intensive industries, a concept that will totally elude you
If those states have NONE maybe it is because they allow themselves to be led by the likes of Ibori, Uduaghan, Odili, Amaechi and Akpabio. If they have the same quality of leader that Lagos had since 1999 we would surely be singing another song
And Okowa

1 Like

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by EPIJOE: 7:41pm On May 17, 2017
IM HIGHLY IMPRESSED BY THIS MOVES. NIGER DELTA GOVERNORS SHOULD LEARN FROM THIS IDEA. ITS A WAY OF GENERATING MONEY TO THE STATES. EKO O NI BAJE OO

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 17, 2017
Ibile oil and gas are basically into marginal oil fields, nothing major, according to their website. Anyone can chose to invest in the oil wells abandoned by the big players if they chose to. What's all the fuss about?
Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by CaptainFM1: 7:43pm On May 17, 2017
Nkem4040:
Lagos deceiving Nigerians and themselves. Only a fool will believe that Lagos has oil. If yorubaa has oil, I promise you....they will start pushing for secession. Trust me...I know them very well like I know my wife. I did my primary school in Ogun and university in Lagos. I speak fluent yorubaa than most of these so-called yorubaas in Lagos from other SW states claiming Lagos.

Lol...There's big difference between "Fluent Yoruba" and "Ijinle Yoruba". What u speak is IPod modified Yoruba!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by aynurni220(m): 7:43pm On May 17, 2017
ZelibeKristien:

Stop wasting your time on that slave.

Una dey try dey argue with all these people from the land of developers

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by deomelo: 7:44pm On May 17, 2017
The Lagos State House of Assembly later passed a bill on 12th of May, 2013 establishing Ibile Oil and Gas Corporation, which was subsequently signed into law on June 11 2013 by Governor Babatunde Fashola authorizing the state government to invest and engage in Oil and Gas activities in the state.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/lagos-long-walk-oil-wells/

While I welcome this move by Ambode, I just have to once again credit the visionary leader before him who with great foresight to not only sign Ibile Oil and gas bill into law, but also authorized to enter the oil business.

Predecessors sets the vision and agenda, and the incumbents pushes it to the next level.

You just have to love these Lagos governors.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by Graciousnaija: 7:44pm On May 17, 2017
What kind of name is this? Why not Eko Oil & Gas Company? Which one is Ibile? Na spirits go dey do the exploration? Shioooooorrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by megxo(m): 7:44pm On May 17, 2017
dingbang:
Who is the chairman of that company?
reminisce alaga ibile

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by CaptainFM1: 7:47pm On May 17, 2017
aribisala0:

That is like asking why I wake up and go to work in the morning and you go smoking weed?
It is called choice. Why do Italy France and Holland have AGIP, TOTAL and SHELL when they have no oil and Nigeria has the moribund NNPC ? Because they make smart choices.
Why do your children have polio while mine are healthy. .?
I hope that helps
The company is a business it is not limited to Lagos or Nigeria oil.Just like you have the right to start such a business so does Lagos State , There is nothing stopping other states doing so whether alone or in combination /partnership with other entities individual corporate or governments and if they do they are free to compete with SHELL and others. This is not limited to oil and gas but ANY OTHER BUSINESS whether Telecommunications, Aviation, Banking etc.Everything Dangote is doing a state government can do.The problem with Niger Delta Leaders is they lack imagination

You answered him right!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by lx3as(m): 7:49pm On May 17, 2017
igbozionism:

you are the one that is not intelligent, sir. I asked why Lagos has an indigenous oil company to extract her oil but Niger delta states dont? you didnt provide any answer but went on to talk about shell, agip etc which is totally irrelevant. if Lagos could could be allowed to have one it is only fair for them to be allowed to have their!

pls stop deluding yourself about the quality of leaders Lagos had. Lagos is simply developed because it is the formal fct and bulk of fg investments that can be found there which led to population implosion and also coupled with the sea port. akpabio performed better than brt,fashola,ambode but that still didn't make akwa ibom better than Lagos. if you think you have quality leaders than the rest of the country make Oyo to be like lagos

I wonder when you people will stop tribalism of everything. You people told us that Anambra has Orient Oil company that has been producing 'Millions of barrels'
For the Gullible ones, less than 10% of present Lagos state was FCT then. From Ikeja to Mushin to Apapa to Lekki to Ikorodu, Epe, Animosho, etc were under Western Region. Capital has been moved from Lagos about 30 years ago, one has to praise the Governors that have been ruling Lagos. You should have taken your grievance to your failed state governors instead of this stupid comments of yours.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by mfm04622: 7:50pm On May 17, 2017
igbozionism:

you just typed trash. you didn't even address my post but you were in a hurry to type off point. the question is "why will Lagos state have a state owned oil company but the Niger delta states that produce the bulk of the oil have non?

smh for the injustice in the country

Injustice? Who stopped other states from having oil companies? Some Niger-Deltan states have oil companies.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by slurryeye2: 7:53pm On May 17, 2017
I started respecting Lagos state administration during Obasanjo regime when despite not receiving allocations from FG for years, they were able to sustain the economy and even executed multi billion projects under Tinubu. Hands down, Lagos is the only state in Nigeria that doesn't need a dime from federal allocation to survive.
For those developing headache over this news, what you should all do is ask your governors both past and present the reason they are diverting the crude oil money into their personal pockets instead of creating a state owned oil company for their states developments.
The way governance is going in Lagos, I won't be surprised if Lagos becomes a first world state in a third world country. Lagos is the only state that has maintained continuation in governance from 1999 till date, and every governor try to outdo the performance of his predecessor. Fashola outdone Tinubu performance, Ambode is on the path of outdoing Fashola performance and I'm sure Ambode successor will try to outdo him.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by tballeyy(m): 7:54pm On May 17, 2017
igbozionism:

you are the one that is not intelligent, sir. I asked why Lagos has an indigenous oil company to extract her oil but Niger delta states dont? you didnt provide any answer but went on to talk about shell, agip etc which is totally irrelevant. if Lagos could could be allowed to have one it is only fair for them to be allowed to have their!

pls stop deluding yourself about the quality of leaders Lagos had. Lagos is simply developed because it is the formal fct and bulk of fg investments that can be found there which led to population implosion and also coupled with the sea port. akpabio performed better than brt,fashola,ambode but that still didn't make akwa ibom better than Lagos. if you think you have quality leaders than the rest of the country make Oyo to be like lagos
he be like say u just wake up from sleep, if u don't have anythin say, go back to sleep and starting having a dream that can't come to pass

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by morscino: 7:55pm On May 17, 2017
Nkem4040:
Lagos deceiving Nigerians and themselves. Only a fool will believe that Lagos has oil. If yorubaa has oil, I promise you....they will start pushing for secession. Trust me...I know them very well like I know my wife. I did my primary school in Ogun and university in Lagos. I speak fluent yorubaa than most of these so-called yorubaas in Lagos from other SW states claiming Lagos.
why are u so pained about lagos' oyel

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by Wiseoldman: 7:59pm On May 17, 2017
Good one Ambode, better than some governors e.g. Ibori that created his own company from state purse...Bleep Drilling Company. We all know these company are have since been money sinks, after spending billions of Delta state money on million dollar rigs.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by McDoe(m): 7:59pm On May 17, 2017
abu12:

U are ignorant of what u are saying, all nigerdelta states has their own oil company

Let us be mindful of what we say. If you are quick to speak than to hear, you will make many mistakes in your utterances. Also, try to limit your attacks to the individual you are responding to his or her post. Generalization is an uncivilized way of addressing issues
Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by jaymichael(m): 8:03pm On May 17, 2017
Graciousnaija:
What kind of name is this? Why not Eko Oil & Gas Company? Which one is Ibile? Na spirits go dey do the exploration? Shioooooorrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
I think I heard the Governor say IBILE is the acronym for IKORODU BADAGRY IBEJU-LEKKI LAGOS ISLAND and EPE divisions of the state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by Nkem4040: 8:04pm On May 17, 2017
morscino:
[s]
why are u so pained about lagos' oyel ,is it our fault that u ppl have goats as governors?
Yorubas have always asked for restructuring from the get go,as if it was not ironsi that brought the power to the centre.
I understand u are a pure hater of we afonjas but that wouldn't change d fact that we are light years ahead of ur flat akpu filled head,I av stayed in d east too and I realised that yorubas don't stay there because there are no opportunities there,even u couldn't sch there.
Nobody is stopping u ppl frm leaving Nig,but d fact is even u ppl are not ready to leave,it's nothing but empty threats and u ppl's usual chest beating.
Even Nnamdi Kanu had to lie and beg to get bail,he even left his comrades behind,that is another goat soon to be elected into public office by the hate filled ppl of the yeast...[/s]

How did Nnamdi Kanu enter this discussion? Afonja and obsession with Biafrans/Igbos...carry them on the head 24/7!
Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by babestella: 8:05pm On May 17, 2017
I hope Lagos, Osun & Ogun will not cry foul when Bayelsa, River and other NDDD states declare their own state owned Oil corporations. Nobody wise pass.
Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by Achiles: 8:06pm On May 17, 2017
igbozionism:

you just typed trash. you didn't even address my post but you were in a hurry to type off point. the question is "why will Lagos state have a state owned oil company but the Niger delta states that produce the bulk of the oil have non?

Are you mad? Is lagos reponsible for that or does anybody stop them from setting one up

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by ZelibeKristien: 8:08pm On May 17, 2017
Nkem4040:

How did Nnamdi Kanu enter this discussion? Afonja and obsession with Biafrans/Igbos...carry them on the head 24/7!

Get lost. You are wanted in Asia where they slaughter you all like ram.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by stevecantrell: 8:11pm On May 17, 2017
aribisala0:

To be very polite,your post is unintelligent.
AGIP is Italian
SHELL is Dutch and
TOTAL is French do those countries have oil?
Nestlé is Swiss do they have Cocoa or Coffee?
Oil companies are Value Addition entities. That means they are intelligence intensive industries, a concept that will totally elude you
If those states have NONE maybe it is because they allow themselves to be led by the likes of Ibori, Uduaghan, Odili, Amaechi and Akpabio. If they have the same quality of leader that Lagos had since 1999 we would surely be singing another song
Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by mkoabiola: 8:11pm On May 17, 2017
Pls ooo
Where is d head office of ds company in lag.

I need to knw there
Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by deomelo: 8:14pm On May 17, 2017
jaymichael:
I think I heard the Governor said IBILE is the acronym for IKORODU BADAGRY IBEJU-LEKKI LAGOS ISLAND and EPE divisions of the state.

You are right.

It's also the investment arm of the state government.

Portfolio

Real Estate Portfolio of Ibile Holdings Limited

Ibile Holdings Limited initiates and invests in real estate opportunities; especially in Lagos State. With a good understanding of the people, principles, dynamics, processes and challenges of the real estate industry, Ibile’s real estate vision is focused on:

Property Development
Property Acquisitions
Property Brokerage
Facility management.
Ibile’s real estate portfolio, through the interrelation of activities in its focus area, comprise investments in the following properties:

Kajola House, Lagos
Ikeja Plaza, Ikeja
Platinum Rows Estate, Lekki
Ikeja Plaza II, Ikeja
Green Park Scheme, Abijo
Diamond Island, Osborne foreshore
CHOIS Garden, Abijo
Cooper Court, Ikoyi
Tejuosho Market, Yaba
63, Campbell Street, Lagos

Ibile’s real estate objectives are to promote sound, safe and smart developments that enhance the public space and boost Lagos State’s economy, in particular and the national economy, in general.

At the completion of the development, it is the collective and usually overlapping functions of the management triad – property, asset and portfolio management, that delivers the cash flows envisioned in the asset

They are running Lagos like a country , not like a state in Nigeria..

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by Nkem4040: 8:14pm On May 17, 2017
ZelibeKristien:

Get lost. You are wanted in Asia where they slaughter you all like ram.

I would rather be slaughtered in Singaore than to be mined/slaughtered in Ogun or Osun....the den of human parts trade in of the world.
Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by aynurni220(m): 8:14pm On May 17, 2017
megxo:
reminisce alaga ibile

Hahahahahha Lmao remi aluko ni
Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by deomelo: 8:17pm On May 17, 2017
mkoabiola:
Pls ooo
Where is d head office of ds company in lag.

I need to knw there

Kajola House, 62/64 Campbell Street, Lagos
01-271 6237, 01-295 0429
info@ibileholdings.com
Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by ZelibeKristien: 8:19pm On May 17, 2017
Nkem4040:

I would rather be slaughtered in Singaore than to be mined/slaughtered in Ogun or Osun....the den of human parts trade in of the world.

You mean slaughtered in Singapore and also in Okija shrine. Home and away death. Lmaoooo

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by aribisala0(m): 8:21pm On May 17, 2017
morscino:

is it our fault that u ppl have goats as .
it is not your fault that the goats are governed by goats

1 Like

Re: Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company by thunderbabs: 8:23pm On May 17, 2017
igbozionism:

Whose fault is it that Niger deltas fnt ve their own state owned? Their fault...Their leaders are lacking innovative ideas that can reposition their states n region into a much coveted place. They would rather prefer to siphon monies accrued to them as oil states to d detriment of the niger delta people and d region as a whole.

So, put it simply. Niger delta governors lack "Leaders" with vision for progress n development. They v d ones with vision for deir personal bank accounts.

So, i hp i tried answering ur question

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Warns Against Insulting Buhari, Government Officials - Premiumtimes / How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund / Late Umar Yar'adua With Turai In The Early 70s (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.