Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? (22855 Views)

Tesla Says Owners Can Skip Yearly Car Services Because Its Cars Are Too Reliable / Volvo Becomes The First Automaker To Limit Its Cars' Top Speed To 112 Miles Per / Jaguar Land Rover To Electrify All Its Cars By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by autojosh: 10:58am On May 16, 2017
Toyota is the most popular car brand you'll spot everywhere you go in Nigeria. It is definitely not the most loved but surely the most used. Most Nigerians who drive Toyotas today would rather have a Benz..
Well, Toyota is now tired of their brand being associated with bland and boring.. and the CEO, Akio Toyoda is set to change all that perception.. The Japanese automaker is now on a mission to win back enthusiasts with exciting cars like the Celicas and Supras we used to love. "Until now, there were times when Toyota’s cars were called 'boring' or were said to be lacking in character," he told USA Today.

This announcement came after Toyota experienced a drop in net income due to high currency rates.. they also lost their position as the world's biggest automaker to Volkswagen last year. I guess they are now out to turn all this around.

This is why Toyota has started to make a paradigm shift.. designing exciting cars like the 2018 Camry, 86 sports car and FT-1 concept which the next Supra would be modeled after.

Let's see your hand if you agree Toyota makes boring cars.

So do we just like to buy boring cars in Nigeria?

https://autojosh.com/boring-toyota/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by autojosh: 10:58am On May 16, 2017

Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by RichYoungNigga: 12:13pm On May 16, 2017

I love Toyota, Nissan and Honda

Others are wheelbarrows

19 Likes

Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by kings09(m): 12:13pm On May 16, 2017
I no know oo
Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 16, 2017
But i love Toyota Cars..... shocked

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by amiibaby(f): 12:13pm On May 16, 2017
Boring or not I no even get keke to ride

Silently walks away lipsrsealed

32 Likes

Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by ChiefSweetus: 12:13pm On May 16, 2017
The best car is toyota end of discussion

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by repogirl(f): 12:14pm On May 16, 2017
Still boring *yawns*

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by warlord24(m): 12:14pm On May 16, 2017
d
Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by registration(m): 12:14pm On May 16, 2017
bruh that last picture isnt too bad...
Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by jose4shizzle: 12:14pm On May 16, 2017
Yup
Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by moscobabs(m): 12:15pm On May 16, 2017
wink wink Toyota still remain car for the poor grin grin grin

Team Nissan!! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by Teewhy2: 12:15pm On May 16, 2017
Boring but strong, love it though as my corrolla helps me take long trip with effective fuel consumption. It is still value for money.

Do you need to do a roof parapet, or you are building on a water logged land. Try to reduce your building load with the use of polystyrene material.
Get to know more by clicking below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by iamnicer: 12:15pm On May 16, 2017
TOYOTA IS AN AMAZING CAR

THE GUY IS THE NUMBER 1 USED CAR PRODUCT IN NIGERIA

HAVE REALLY SAVED LOTS OF US

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by Hysmady(m): 12:15pm On May 16, 2017
Boring in some of their lineups...
Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by amanze15(m): 12:15pm On May 16, 2017
that camry looks beastly, still the best selling brand though, affordability/reliability that's the major key
Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 16, 2017
they are
Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by Adesege(m): 12:16pm On May 16, 2017
boring
Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by exlink10(m): 12:16pm On May 16, 2017
let them make their cars entertaining then.

The only reason Nigerians buy Toyota cars is because of its fuel efficiency, ease of maintenance and second hand value

Thats all.

No luxury in toyota cars

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by Kobicove(m): 12:17pm On May 16, 2017
Boring?

...And yet they sell more cars than any other car maker on the planet smiley
Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 16, 2017
ChiefSweetus:
That's some badass collabo cheesy

I don't think their cars are boring, their designs are just conservative.
exlink10:

No luxury in toyota cars
That's why they have a luxury brand, buy Lexus.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by ocelot2006(m): 12:18pm On May 16, 2017
I think so. Dont get me wrong, they make quality vehicles. But they aren't as aesthetically appealing (design wise) like Hyundai or KIA.
Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 16, 2017
Okay we have heard...but the local ones in Nigeria are still boring grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by Benekruku(m): 12:19pm On May 16, 2017
Toyota themselves dont need to be told that there cars re boring.

Boring from engine to bumper!

But cheap parts and fuel consumption belief has made its popularity next to none in Nigeria.

Very boring vehicle! Excluding the Tundra kiss which is still a toy to an F150

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by Kobicove(m): 12:19pm On May 16, 2017
ChiefSweetus:

shocked
Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by KingRex1(m): 12:22pm On May 16, 2017
Is lexus no longer working for them?
Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by Theblackstalln: 12:22pm On May 16, 2017
amiibaby:
Boring or not I no even get keke to ride

Silently walks away lipsrsealed
But u dey inside one car for your dp now....why u dey lie wink
Re: Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? by Theblackstalln: 12:22pm On May 16, 2017
These cars make brain ooo shocked but na d money to buy am now abeg I get 1k who go give me the remaining? embarassed

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) / Embark’s Truck Completes 2400mi Trip From LosAngeles To Florida Without A Driver / Peugeot 301 Wins Car Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.