Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,129 members, 7,867,270 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:06 PM

On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. (863 Views)

A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) / About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss / Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 16, 2017
I saw on Nairaland this morning an argument among Christians, Muslims, and atheists perhaps. The argument concerns the belief that since Muslims don't believe in Jesus' teachings, they won't make heaven! Do you realize that as Christians, you won't make heaven too if you do not follow Allah's teaching that Christians don't follow? Doesn't this whole thing sound absurd now? I think there shouldn't be any argument. Do you know why? If you are a father, a loving father who claims to love your children and you tell your children to do good to go to heaven or do evil to go to hell. If your children choose evil, will you burn them in an eternal fire if you could just make them disappear forever even if those that do good are resurrected? Answer this question oooooo. Plus, Christians who do good should just go to their own heaven, while Muslims should go to their own heaven since you both have your different requirements for going to heaven. Atheists too should go to their own heaven. Is that hard for you, Christians, Muslims, and atheists?
Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by dalaman: 12:48pm On May 16, 2017
Most christians especially those in the West have started throwing away the hell idea. Hell was invented by the stone age barbarians, but the modern humane christians are discarding and running away from it. Most christians will tell you that hell is simply a place of sepa ration from God not a firey place of eternal torture.

They've all seen through the sadistic and barbaric idea and have started dropping it and running away from it. Few people talk about hell these days.

It is the muslims that gladly and happily talk about hell as an eternal place of torture because Islam and terrorism go hand in hand. The mindset of the muslim hasn't evolved yet. They aren't as humane as the christians. Islam has used too much fear to entrap and enslave their minds and they can't reason clearly.

Aybody that believes in hell as an eternal place of torture because of unbelief is a terrorist.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by ayourbamie: 12:57pm On May 16, 2017
What's d different between Nigeria, poverty and hell
Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 16, 2017
dalaman:
Most christians especially those in the West have started throwing away the hell idea. Hell was invented by the stone age barbarians, but the modern human christians are discarding and running away from it. Most christians will tell you that hell is simply a place of sepa ration from God not a firey place of eternal torture.

They've all seen through the sadistic and barbaric idea and have started dropping it and running away from it. Few people talk about he'll these days.

It is the muslims that gladly and happily talk about he'll as an eternal place of tor ture because Islam and terrorism go hand in hand. The mindset of the muslim hasn't evolved yet. They aren't as humane as the christians. Islam has used too much fr to.entrap and enslave their minds and they can't reason clearly.

Aybody that believes in hell as an eternal place of torture because of unbelief is a terrorist.
To say most Christians are now doing away with the existence of hell is a complete fallacy. How could you say "most" without evidence? With that, I disregarded the rest after seeing other loopholes. Your reasoning is defending the Christians in a fallacious manner. Note: I am a Christian.
Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by dalaman: 1:07pm On May 16, 2017
solasolasola:
To say most Christians are now doing away with the existence of hell is a complete fallacy. How could you say "most" without evidence? With that, I disregarded the rest after seeing other loopholes. Your reasoning is defending the Christians in a fallacious manner. Note: I am a Christian.

I said Christians in the West(Europe and America). I am not defending christians, I am only stating what I see happening around me. Go to the average church in Europe or America. They don't preach hell at all and majority of the main stream christian apologist just say that hell is a separation between God and man.
Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 16, 2017
dalaman:

I said Christians in the West(Europe and America). I am not defending christians, I am only stating what I see happening around me. Go to the average church in Europe or America. They don't preach hell at all and majority of the main stream christian apologist just say that hell is a separation between God and man.[/quote[quote author=dalaman post=56573797]

I said Christians in the West(Europe and America). I am not defending christians, I am only stating what I see happening around me. Go to the average church in Europe or America. They don't preach hell at all and majority of the main stream christian apologist just say that hell is a separation between God and man.
"Christians in the West" may God bless you. Those ones taught us the religion and they are rational with it. But here, we believe we know it better than they do. That's even not the point. The point is the issue of punishing people in hell by a loving father just because the children choose evil is uncharacteristic.
Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by malvisguy212: 3:19pm On May 16, 2017
dalaman:

so you do go to church on Sunday even as an atheist . that nice.
Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by dalaman: 3:21pm On May 16, 2017
malvisguy212:
so you do go to church on Sunday even as an atheist . that nice.

I've stopped going to church.
Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by malvisguy212: 3:26pm On May 16, 2017
dalaman:

I've stopped going to church.
this is from your post:

" Go to the average church in Europe or America. They don't preach hell at all and majority of the main stream christian apologist just say that hell is a separation between God and man."

if you don't go to Church how do you know pastors in the west don't preach hell anymore. ?
Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by dalaman: 3:29pm On May 16, 2017
malvisguy212:
this is from your post:

" Go to the average church in Europe or America. They don't preach hell at all and majority of the main stream christian apologist just say that hell is a separation between God and man."

if you don't go to Church how do you know pastors in the west don't preach hell anymore. ?

I've lived in Europe and America as a christian so I know what goes on in their churches.
Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by malvisguy212: 3:33pm On May 16, 2017
dalaman:

I've lived in Europe and America as a christian so I know what goes on in their churches.
when last did you go to church ?
Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by dalaman: 3:46pm On May 16, 2017
malvisguy212:
when last did you go to church ?

Last year. Went for a child dedication.
Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by malvisguy212: 3:51pm On May 16, 2017
dalaman:

Last year. Went for a child dedication.
you went for a child dedication last year, and you learn In the sermon that Christians don't believe in hell anymore ? okay.
Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by dalaman: 4:17pm On May 16, 2017
malvisguy212:
you went for a child dedication last year, and you learn In the sermon that Christians don't believe in hell anymore ? okay.

I was specific about the christians. I said Christians in the West not you sadistic christians in Africa. Most christians in Europe and America don't believe in hell. They don't preach it . Even those that do, say it is separation btw man and God. The few that preach about hell as a firery place of eternal torture are looked at as foolish people. Example the Westborough baptist church. The preach exactly what people in Nigeria preach but they are considered to be a hate organization because they tell gays that they will burn in hell.

1 Like

Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 16, 2017
Hell is like tell a little child if he misbehave "that gorilla from baby day out" will carry him. when I was young, I used this tactics to keep our last born in line, and it worked grin
Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 16, 2017
onyenze123:
Hell is like tell a little child if he misbehave "that gorilla from baby day out" will carry him. when I was young, I used this tactics to keep our last born in line, and it worked grin
grin
Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by Deicide: 1:29am On May 17, 2017
ayourbamie:
What's d different between Nigeria, poverty and hell
Abeg help me ask them o
Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by dalaman: 9:03am On May 18, 2017
Any body that believes in hell is a terrorist.
Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by Nobody: 9:19am On May 18, 2017
dalaman:
Any body that believes in hell is a terrorist.

Lwkmd
Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by anneboleyn(f): 10:27pm On May 18, 2017
There is no such place as hell or hellfire as others like to call it.. ..Ezekiel 18:4 say the soul that sins will surely die.. ....death is the wages sin pays.. ....the highest punishment God will exact for unrepentant sin.. ...which is the eternal revocation of one's life.. .....everlasting death or destruction. Life from God is a true gift, while the doctrine of everlasting torment was invented by Satan to make God look sadistic, when the Bible clearly teaches that God is love

1 Like

Re: On The Issue Of Heaven And Hell. by Nobody: 8:33am On May 19, 2017
anneboleyn:
There is no such place as hell or hellfire as others like to call it.. ..Ezekiel 18:4 say the soul that sins will surely die.. ....death is the wages sin pays.. ....the highest punishment God will exact for unrepentant sin.. ...which is the eternal revocation of one's life.. .....everlasting death or destruction. Life from God is a true gift, while the doctrine of everlasting torment was invented by Satan to make God look sadistic, when the Bible clearly teaches that God is love
But according to Mark 9: 43, there is hell. How do we reconcile these things? I just seek knowledge.

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna State Orders Christians To Observe Ramadan? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/07/17 / God's Keeping Power.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.