Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,364 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) (6358 Views)

Prophet Emeka Onu Lists Food That Can Take One To Heaven And Hell (Video) / Grail Message, Eckankar Views About New Earth And Heaven / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by jiggaz(m): 5:56pm On Aug 07, 2019
“Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more” (v. 1).
- Revelation 21

Having established the necessity and existence of an afterlife, today we conclude our study of the biblical understanding of suffering by looking at what Scripture says about the final blessed state of those who die in Christ. Ultimately, we are looking forward to a new heaven and earth that are to come at the consummation of all things. We who love Jesus will live in this perfect place, a creation that has been renewed and glorified as the dwelling place of God and His people.

As we think on the new creation that will come at the return of Jesus, we must note that anyone who dies in Christ goes immediately to be with the Lord in heaven (2 Cor. 5:6–cool. Theologians typically refer to this existence in heaven before the second advent of Jesus as an intermediate state because it comes between our life on earth and the new creation. Scripture has little to say explicitly about the intermediate state, although we are certainly not far off the mark to say it approximates the bliss of the new heaven and earth. Perhaps the most significant difference between the new heaven and earth and the intermediate state is that we do not get resurrected, physical bodies until Jesus returns, and our spirits alone live in God’s presence until then (Dan. 12:2; Rev. 20).

When the new heaven and earth arrive, the world as we know it will end, as will the present separation between the physical and the spiritual. God will dwell permanently with His people in the temple of His creation. Redemption will reach its consummation in the renewal of the physical order, and the effects of sin’s curse will be absent from our resurrected existence (Rev. 21:1).

In the new heaven and the new earth, God Himself will wipe away all our tears. There will be no death and no reason to mourn, for all that causes sadness will have passed away (vv. 2–4). The New Jerusalem, a city of immense size and beauty, will be our dwelling place (vv. 9–21).

Finally, and most wonderful of all, we will dwell in the brightest light imaginable — the light of God’s glory — in this renewed creation. The triune God will be our lamp, and we shall rejoice in His radiance forever, never having to fear His purity, for we will be holy just as He is holy (vv. 22–27; see 1 John 3:1–3).

Coram Deo
The ultimate Christian hope is not a disembodied spiritual existence but a resurrected body in which we perfectly bring glory to God and reflect His awesome holiness. We will be finally and fully complete at our resurrection as our entire selves — body and soul — will function just as the Lord originally designed us. Sin will no longer be a problem, and we will never have to fear that we will suffer again.

https://www.ligonier.org/learn/devotionals/a-renewed-creation/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by jiggaz(m): 10:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
Evening
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by jiggaz(m): 6:11pm On Aug 08, 2019
Evening nnn
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by jiggaz(m): 8:07pm On Aug 09, 2019
Evening
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by jiggaz(m): 12:53am On Aug 11, 2019
Morning
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by jiggaz(m): 7:38am On Aug 11, 2019
Morning .....
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by jiggaz(m): 6:59pm On Aug 14, 2019
Evening
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by jiggaz(m): 7:38pm On Aug 15, 2019
Great
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by jiggaz(m): 8:16am On Aug 16, 2019
Yeah
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by jiggaz(m): 11:06pm On Aug 16, 2019
Evening
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by jiggaz(m): 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2019
Afternoon
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by jiggaz(m): 8:05am On Aug 19, 2019
Now
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by jiggaz(m): 7:14am On Aug 20, 2019
Yeaaaaa
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by jiggaz(m): 5:49pm On Aug 20, 2019
Good
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by jiggaz(m): 7:21am On Aug 21, 2019
Morning
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by jiggaz(m): 8:02pm On Aug 21, 2019
Now
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by SultanOfAbia: 9:03am On Aug 25, 2019
New heaven means New mindset,New civilization where Science and Spirituality becomes One

During this futuristic period, humanity will be free from government, religion, suffering, diseases. As artificial intelligence and spirituality will merge together and move humanity toward into an age of enlightenment...

This era is what the revelations called The New Heaven and New Earth..
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by Yussuf06: 9:03am On Aug 25, 2019
Morning
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by MrPresident1: 9:03am On Aug 25, 2019
Jiggaz, you are so empty, completely empty. Empty completely.

What is -morning, evening, afternoon, yeahh, cat, dog etc. , that you post after Opening Posts that you copy from elsewhere? You have no understanding of anything.

Post edifying Bible passages and not these nonsenses.

I just look at your profile and your posts, all I can see is

Morning
dog
yeah
Evening
now evening etc

Completely empty of substance!

5 Likes

Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by tosyne2much(m): 9:04am On Aug 25, 2019
Day in day out, what we bother so much about in this shitty country is heaven and earth rather than how to show love and progress as a nation

Nigerians, the people who fear hell fire the most on earth yet our country is the headquarter of fraud and crime

What a wasted nation!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by hopexter(m): 9:04am On Aug 25, 2019
I'll like to flex the new earth a bit before ascending to the new Heaven cheesy
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by Truefaith: 9:04am On Aug 25, 2019
Check this issue up with your Bible open at
www.thetruechristianfaith.com
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by money121(m): 9:04am On Aug 25, 2019
Ok
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by Wanity(m): 9:04am On Aug 25, 2019
Nonsenzz someone will not rest and read important news on Sunday and Friday

2 Likes

Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by Teejayphillip(m): 9:05am On Aug 25, 2019
As people carry religion for head and still do bad things still dey bother me.

Our God is too lenient,some people suppose don roast tey tey.

I dey my house the only people entitle to my offering n title are the less privileged.

1 Like

Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by 24kmagic: 9:06am On Aug 25, 2019
Nonsense that made front page

2 Likes

Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by Babanlagenius: 9:07am On Aug 25, 2019
ok
Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by semyman: 9:08am On Aug 25, 2019
All the 80 FBI fraud suspects are products of prosperity gospel

1 Like

Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by Grupo(m): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2019
As a kid, I found some of the Bible stories entertaining.
But as an adult, I now know better.

It's sad that some full grown adults still think Bible is something more than a story book.

2 Likes

Re: A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 25, 2019
so where will God now build the imaginary hellfire? I thought we all go to heaven while he build the so-called hellfire on Earth. I also thought the hottest part of the � will be on this space called Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World Or Prophet Muhammad (saw) / Do Islam And Christianity Permit The Use Of Condoms? / Satanism or Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.