Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos (49093 Views)

DJ Khaled Welcomes Samuel Chukwueze To Roc Nation / Samuel Chukwueze: Jay Z's Roc Nation Sports Signs Nigerian Striker [photo] / Omawumi Signs With Jay Z’s Roc Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by Lemmy123(m): 6:54am On May 17, 2017
azimibraun:
Mode 9 was our best and becouse of some sheet and mess rappers una disrespect and dissapoint am. Mi was enjoying every bit of the humiliation mode 9 had to pass thru even though he was a good rapper himself. Now see how the cookie crumbles. See how Jay z and Nas use style reconcile then technically make themselves with Diddy form committee of Kings. Nobody be oga na dem all be oga and their respect and money dey gather. Mi go back and get Mode 9 on board and you two should resurrect rap and your careers back. All this forming CEO no fly at all. If you get bars and you are Hot on the street you go put CEO matter as secondary and doing Rap as primary. Nas and Jigga na CEO but they are lyrically still popping. CEO of how many banging artiste?

I love your sense of reasoning. . . You got a point!
Most rappers in Nigeria have turned to something else. Seems they do not know rap is different from other genres. . . Olamide started that shit then Lil Kesh followed suit, Ice Prince queued in and the rest joined. . . That's why I respect Vector and Classic
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by Nobody: 7:01am On May 17, 2017
kabillion:
U just kick start my day with those painstaking words. God bless u

Amen bro, same to you as well
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:13am On May 17, 2017
007author:

Slow down ft Julio Cesar I love this song like mad
And Davido be like:
Bridget o
I like your mini skirt o
You carry first o
Such trashy lines yet it's no. 1 hit
Life isn't fair embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by cmecproblem(m): 7:39am On May 17, 2017
Is that not a bahomet right there on the wall?? MI wants to dine with the devil too..
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by Youdondeymad: 7:43am On May 17, 2017
kikayboss:
the legends part you are right....that's what i meant by "don't lemme list names" they are many....but i have my personal list of em n dey aren't more than the four i mentioned.......

as for the Vector - modo thang ......i used to think mode was wack till i listened to. his ruggesman diss track(can't remember the name tho) but i just don't feel him.....i don't rate rappers by punchlines alone, the ability to destroy a beat at the same time as he is churning our murderous punchlines is a remarkable thing.....that's exactly what gave kingkong that edge over other songs @2015 headies...u have to be able to prwpare ur punchlines to desecrate any beat thrown @u.......and please i don't think you've listened to vector,he sings and raps, listen to his rap tracks and you'll find vector to be one of the most intelligent rapper around ...lemme recomemend "truth" *a mode9* diss track that was leaked, done by vector tha viper....listen without sentiments and you'll be amazed at how one can carry out murder with so much calm. . .....

NOTE:: i don't feel modo doesn't mean he isn't good , his rap just doesn't appeal to me that's all ......
I'm a big fan of vector but mode 9 is the best,rap without lyrics and punchlines is useless(I'm not saying vector is not lyrical but you can't compare him with mode).I listen to freestyles and mixtapes to judge a rapper and not his commercial albums/tracks.Vector,MI,Terry the rapman,Phenom,Overdose(OD),Pherowshuz etc are better rappers but Mode 9 is their king(lyrics wise).

Though everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion but please let's always call a spade a spade.
Have a good day.

Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by nairaman66(m): 9:02am On May 17, 2017
M.I is king, others are followers!!
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by AkupeMBANO(m): 9:48am On May 17, 2017
Jiang:
Some people say i got too much pride since i dont beg them for alms nor visit them to massage them egos.
But i say i just prefer to enjoy life with what i have got & not worry about what i haven't got
u geh sense

1 Like

Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by rocknation62(m): 9:58am On May 17, 2017
itsJude:
no jay-z na bodyguard u snap with

how the mighty have fallen

This is the best rapper in our history and today look at him

because them olamide , omo werey have changed the meaning of making sense

I will advice him to go to don jazzy for mentoring for awhile

wizkid is the worst his last two song are trying too hard to make sense bt we knw say na nonsense

Davido just use beats do song say na if

Abi na tecko and kiss daniel wen dey repeat beats

that bingo call lil kesh omo ale

See god called mi him and stlyplus albums were dope and made sense

We will get back there sha , na only time e go take
You make SENSE out of NONSENSE...
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by thesicilian: 10:01am On May 17, 2017
007author:
Africa best rapper
Undisputed.
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:05am On May 17, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:
M.I is a bad boy though. The only naija rapper that made me buy his songs on iTunes.

His combination of lyrical content with local content is unparalleled.

"slow it down, why ya try fit accelerate
the way ya move make bad man salivate
me i trip on your shape, on your silhouette
who that bumclot, come try seperate?

eeh, body smoking cigarette
but not this other girls, them-a- nicorette

me-i-change your steeze rehabilitate
them boys broke, but me-i-billy gate

chocboys make it rain, mama irrigate
you should leave who you with, mama immigrate

any man wanna pest you fumigate
cos’ a lot of them dudes try fit imitate

but no guy like me check your archive
then back it up slow hard drive
come learn what life with a star like
cos you are a star, right?
cos you are a star, right?"

Dat particular line always gives me goose pimples cheesy

Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by AAinEqGuinea: 11:10am On May 17, 2017
Absolute talent
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by Dotwillis1(m): 1:36pm On May 17, 2017
niceguy7:
M.i = nigerian Kendrick lamar.. smiley

Far from it! ...
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by Revolva(m): 1:41pm On May 17, 2017
Chairman trying to FIX new bizness
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by MrOdyssey(m): 1:56pm On May 17, 2017
[quote author=kikayboss post=56592218]my brother you sabi good thing.....i thought i was the only one his lines touch like this......he makes rap feel like r&b ....and the way his voice is chilled like ice blocks from the deepest part of a very deep deep freezer smiley ....he raps with reason and purpose , hes got a rap track for every fecking situation....... all hail "KING JAMES" .......Guy i throway salute gv u ........

one thing i love the most is meeting people that can decipher punchlines......peace bruh......[/quote

thanks bro. honestly if M.I was an American rapper he would be on the level of Kanye west and Jay Z racking in Grammy awards with a huge fan base but it unfortunate. Nigerian do not appreciate good music, Rap most especially. just give them a noisy combination of metal then throw in a few weak/shallow lines like "shake ur bum-bum" then you are the king kong of Nigerias music. South Africans are speedily taking away hip-hop from us. why?. the recognise and appreciate the beauty of Rap.

Any ways. i'm glad i was alive to withness the rise and unfortunate fall of hip hop in Nigeria. i only pity our children and grand children who all they will be born to see is a long list of weak ass rappers acquiring baby mama's and dishing out controversy instead of music that touches the soul.
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by MrOdyssey(m): 1:57pm On May 17, 2017
kikayboss:
my brother you sabi good thing.....i thought i was the only one his lines touch like this......he makes rap feel like r&b ....and the way his voice is chilled like ice blocks from the deepest part of a very deep deep freezer smiley ....he raps with reason and purpose , hes got a rap track for every fecking situation....... all hail "KING JAMES" .......Guy i throway salute gv u ........

one thing i love the most is meeting people that can decipher punchlines......peace bruh......

thanks bro. honestly if M.I was an American rapper he would be on the level of Kanye west and Jay Z racking in Grammy awards with a huge fan base but it unfortunate. Nigerian do not appreciate good music, Rap most especially. just give them a noisy combination of metal then throw in a few weak/shallow lines like "shake ur bum-bum" then you are the king kong of Nigerias music. South Africans are speedily taking away hip-hop from us. why?. the recognise and appreciate the beauty of Rap.
Any ways. i'm glad i was alive to withness the rise and unfortunate fall of hip hop in Nigeria. i only pity our children and grand children who all they will be born to see is a long list of weak ass rappers acquiring baby mama's and dishing out controversy instead of music that touches the soul.
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by lenghtinny(m): 3:20pm On May 17, 2017
007author:

Slow down ft Julio Cesar I love this song like mad
Mee favorite off the Mi2: the movie album. Evergreen song
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by Wizkhalifa2(m): 6:43pm On May 17, 2017
kikayboss:
who d feck are they?.....please do not compare MI to some boys...u listen to them u feel them, true...u listen to MI you begin to reason, his rap makes u just sit back and relax & wish you could rap too....... compare those kungfu pandas and ishaka rasheed to yung6ix or ycee...peace...

I'll recommend that you listen to ILLEGAL MUSIC 3 and tell me what aspect of rap he doesn't have covered......"he is the Genesis of rap" ...peace

Lol, Basketmouth is dat u?
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by Wizkhalifa2(m): 6:44pm On May 17, 2017
kikayboss:
who d feck are they?.....please do not compare MI to some boys...u listen to them u feel them, true...u listen to MI you begin to reason, his rap makes u just sit back and relax & wish you could rap too....... compare those kungfu pandas and ishaka rasheed to yung6ix or ycee...peace...

I'll recommend that you listen to ILLEGAL MUSIC 3 and tell me what aspect of rap he doesn't have covered......"he is the Genesis of rap" ...peace

BTW, jesse jagz is better than MI. Incase u didn't knw.
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by oluamid(m): 7:12pm On May 17, 2017
azimibraun:
Mode 9 was our best and becouse of some sheet and mess rappers una disrespect and dissapoint am. Mi was enjoying every bit of the humiliation mode 9 had to pass thru even though he was a good rapper himself. Now see how the cookie crumbles. See how Jay z and Nas use style reconcile then technically make themselves with Diddy form committee of Kings. Nobody be oga na dem all be oga and their respect and money dey gather. Mi go back and get Mode 9 on board and you two should resurrect rap and your careers back. All this forming CEO no fly at all. If you get bars and you are Hot on the street you go put CEO matter as secondary and doing Rap as primary. Nas and Jigga na CEO but they are lyrically still popping. CEO of how many banging artiste?

Edumare bless you. Word.
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by KingOfThePay(m): 7:25pm On May 17, 2017
Mi single handedly revolutionised and brought back the dieing hiphop scene in Nigeria. Went ahead to pave the way for his badass Abokis 'Ice and Jesee who who even came with more fire for the hihop revival

Has eight studio projects and all are masterpieces. Is there a day tha passes without listening to an Mi track? Nah..
Vector is also good but he seem to be currently dwindling. Recent album a disappointment...

Mode is forever a HEAD.. But

Mi is the best.

1 Like

Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by kikayboss(m): 10:27pm On May 17, 2017
Wizkhalifa2:

BTW, jesse jagz is better than MI. Incase u didn't knw.
Jesse is good , infact very good , i am a fan of his.......but even jesse jagz knows whos better.....peace
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by kikayboss(m): 10:28pm On May 17, 2017
MrOdyssey:

lol.....you've said it all man
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by kikayboss(m): 10:39pm On May 17, 2017
Urbanoversabi:
Bros don't let ignorance take the better part of you grin. FYI: Kendrick Lamar is a very big inspiration to MI. Isaiah Rashad is following the footsteps of kendrick lamar. So you get my drift. Incase you don't know kendrick lamar? He's the biggest Hip Hop head in the world right now. Both in making hip hop, ratings and revenue. Do your findings biko
well i know Kendrick but it won't shock you to know that I AM NOT A FAN of his music......i'm more into eminem than any other foreign rapper.......though i like his tracks and i also feel jcole n big sean, but i'm still an eminem fanboy.........and about rashad , following lamar's footsteps doesn't make him as good as he is........
besides whatever argument you bring up....my greatest rapper still remains MI abaga........ peace bruh.....

NOTE:: I am not a big fan of foreign rap.....i don't seek their music out , if i happen to stumble upon any good 1 i appreciate .... peace
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by Wizkhalifa2(m): 11:02pm On May 17, 2017
kikayboss:
Jesse is good , infact very good , i am a fan of his.......but even jesse jagz knows whos better.....peace
nd He told you?
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by danbrowndmf(m): 11:58pm On May 17, 2017
Jiang:
Some people say i got too much pride since i dont beg them for alms nor visit them to massage them egos.
But i say i just prefer to enjoy life with what i have got & not worry about what i haven't got
this line is from MI?
Re: MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos by Nobody: 11:01am On May 18, 2017
danbrowndmf:
this line is from MI?
Nop, na from me, the chinco abok# dude

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Portable Beats Kizz Daniel's Bodyguard In Boxing Match / Wizkid Caught Begging Dej Loaf For Sex / Emmanuel Ikubese And Anita Brows Adetoye Wedding Introduction Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.