Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month (12401 Views)

Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month / Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month / Nigeria’s Inflation Rate Drops For Seventh Consecutive Month, Says Nbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by fecosequence(m): 9:07am On May 17, 2017
veekid:
And what happen to the price of rice?
na only rice you dey chop?
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by sapele914(m): 9:13am On May 17, 2017
pinkcottoncandy:
Who are you people fooling? Which metrics did they use in calculating these figures?

Abi did they use all the bole and fish joints in PH to calculate the rate of inflation?.....

Make amadi oha faya all these our ancestral leaders ruling since 1970... wey nor gree die leave power for the youths to taste leadership!!

Your father no play the game with them in the 70's or he was a boy boy like yourself,like father like son?Go and look for a job or go back to school to re educate yourself,Nigeria is not a welfare state.
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by toprealman: 9:23am On May 17, 2017
Why does it drop anytime Buhari goes on " medical vacation"
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Nobody: 9:24am On May 17, 2017
Enough of dumb/stewpid ''paper economics''.....enter market go price commodities firsrt!..rawbish!

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Nobody: 9:31am On May 17, 2017
Partnerbiz:

It isn't narrow bro.
17 to 18% per annum is cool.
In fact, this the highest in the past 7 years or more.
It was less than 5% at some point last yr at sec market.
I didn't do yearly though. Did 139 days at 14.5 % with Access.
Stanbic and First banks have the best rates anyway.
Yeah 17-18 only for longer tenors of say 156+ days.
I do 35- 78 at 13-15% with UBA.
Not so much return on investment unlike stock trading in the early millenium but at least TB is risk free.
I'm just a little over a year on TBs
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Nobody: 9:33am On May 17, 2017
ephi123:

Exactly the point. A decline of 0.02% and rate still over 17%

Meaning N1000 last year now worth N830, and this is being celebrated?

Mediocrity will not kill us in Nigeria hopefully.
My sister, I'm more tired of the situation than you are. Thus I have resigned to watch from my comfort, only to comment when it really pains me. Its hopeless lamenting daily about our endless slide to despair.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Nobody: 9:38am On May 17, 2017
maclatunji:

And you that are smart failed to factor in the foundation of our problems. We squandered our highest revenues ever under GEJ and were left broke when the price of oil crashed when this government came in.

No need to argue, just go and throw your salary away and see whether you will be balanced financially in the coming month or months.

After that come and argue with me.
Yeah yeah yeah our problems took origin from and can only be linked to GEJ's tenure. We lived in utopia prior to his tenure and we're headed right back there at full speed.
Same cold watery pap mor0ns are fed that keeps them from sound rounded reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by CellTabRepairs: 9:40am On May 17, 2017
How? Where?
Are U yet to get a job 5 months into 2017? Between 18-50 yrs?Are U a graduate or secondary school leaver?Are U retired, sacked or tired of salary work? U want a biz with high returns, skill as capital, lowest startup costs? 1.Make average $30-$50 or more daily2.Meet high net worth individuals[opportunities in people]3.Grow in IT knowledge 4.Be highly sought after [Money looking for U].5.Employ others! Just get "Mobile Phones & Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners and Professionals" from Amazon marketplaces, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc today & LEARN HOW TO EARN thru this bestselling book! Don't waste 1 WHOLE yr waiting for a (THAT) job !

Click signature, view and get it immediately
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by DJInfluence: 9:51am On May 17, 2017
And this is news for the ordinary man? 0.02% decline in inflation... So a flat screen that cost #45,000 last month is now #44,100. They better bring inflation down to a single digit before announcing it like an achievement.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Phlakes(f): 10:15am On May 17, 2017
And a cup of garri is still 50naira
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Partnerbiz(f): 10:22am On May 17, 2017
frenchwine:

Yeah 17-18 only for longer tenors of say 156+ days.
I do 35- 78 at 13-15% with UBA.
Not so much return on investment unlike stock trading in the early millenium but at least TB is risk free.
I'm just a little over a year on TBs

Why do TB for such short periods naa? Except if u usually need d money maybe for a seaaonal biz otherwise u are losing if u by short tenure and roll over of another short tenure and short tenure.
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by ephi123(f): 10:28am On May 17, 2017
frenchwine:

My sister, I'm more tired of the situation than you are. Thus I have resigned to watch from my comfort, only to comment when it really pains me. Its hopeless lamenting daily about our endless slide to despair.

It's even more hopeless to watch anyone defend this level of nonsense. I mean, don't we have standards or ambitions in this country anymore?

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by nkemjacob2(m): 10:36am On May 17, 2017
another scam alert from APC....
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Nobody: 11:27am On May 17, 2017
Partnerbiz:

Why do TB for such short periods naa? Except if u usually need d money maybe for a seaaonal biz otherwise u are losing if u by short tenure and roll over of another short tenure and short tenure.

Really? By my calculations, 2% difference on yield for say an added 30-60 days didn't sound like what I'd fancy. In that time I'd trade twice on 13% 35day tenors.
Maybe I need further schooling sha.
PS: I didn't really have urgent need for the money, been idle for long that's why decided to invest it.
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by bejeria101(m): 11:30am On May 17, 2017
17.24% is a drop? Where did it drop from? You met single digit and messed it up and expect us to stomach your foolishness? Gerraway you!
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Nobody: 11:30am On May 17, 2017
ephi123:

It's even more hopeless to watch anyone defend this level of nonsense. I mean, don't we have standards or ambitions in this country anymore?
The tin just weak me. I always note your brilliant positions on national issues and I dey clap for you for my mind.
But you've got a lot of time and patience walahi, I can't boast of such virtues. grin

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Partnerbiz(f): 11:34am On May 17, 2017
frenchwine:

Really? By my calculations, 2% difference on yield for say an added 30-60 days didn't sound like what I'd fancy. In that time I'd trade twice on 13% 35day tenors.
Maybe I need further schooling sha.
PS: I didn't really have urgent need for the money, been idle for long that's why decided to invest it.
Yes u are losing.
The 2% is a lot depending on the funds involved.
Imagine 2% of 10billion. Eg
Its better to do 14 percent of 120 days than 13 percent of 30 days 4 times.
Visit here:
Very informative
https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria

Try and read as many pages as possible. Then u may now read d last 10 or 5 pages to see current events and news on tb
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 17, 2017
Partnerbiz:

Yes u are losing.
The 2% is a lot depending on the funds involved.
Imagine 2% of 10billion. Eg
Its better to do 14 percent of 120 days than 13 percent of 30 days 4 times.
Visit here:
Very informative
https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria

Try and read as many pages as possible. Then u may now read d last 10 or 5 pages to see current events and news on tb

Aite. Thanks boss
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by ephi123(f): 12:58pm On May 17, 2017
frenchwine:

The tin just weak me. I always note your brilliant positions on national issues and I dey clap for you for my mind.
But you've got a lot of time and patience walahi, I can't boast of such virtues. grin

Lol, thank you. Na so the thing vex sometimes that I just can't keep quiet.
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Jilo83(m): 1:00pm On May 17, 2017
donbrowser:
When last did you buy garri?
The price did not increase overnight. Its a gradual process. I am optimistic that Nigeria shall be great
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Basseybruce: 12:56pm On May 18, 2017
veekid:
And what happen to the price of rice?
........ The drop in inflation can not be effective asap, it would take few wks thereabout.
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Dollabiz: 1:14pm On May 18, 2017
Trade binary
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by jpphilips(m): 10:07am On May 22, 2017
pinkcottoncandy:
Who are you people fooling? Which metrics did they use in calculating these figures?

Abi did they use all the bole and fish joints in PH to calculate the rate of inflation?.....

Make amadi oha faya all these our ancestral leaders ruling since 1970... wey nor gree die leave power for the youths to taste leadership!!

from what you wrote I can deduce you have no clue how inflation is calculated, despite being clueless you want the old leaders to hand over leadership to your cluelessness? You think that being a youth is an automatic ticket to governance abi? let me shock you, you must prove yourself in learning and knowledge before you dream of being in such position. we don't want a repetition of jonathan ever in our history.
He was one clueless disaster too many just like you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria To Lose More In UK Listing Of Naira—fsdh / Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants / Dont Depend On Salary Alone, Learn How To Create Another Income Stream: !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.