Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia (730 Views)

Buhari Sends Delegation To Abuja Bomb Blast Scenes (Photos) / Buhari's Ministers,Lawmakers To Get N9bn Housing,furniture Allowance / Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by ladi02(m): 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2010
The House of Representative members have decided to send a delegation to Saudi Arabia to discuss what it called “issues of national importance” with ailing President Umaru Yar’Adua, as protests mounted for him to stand down over his health.

The reps who met in Abuja today, said there is a need to check the true state of the president’s health.

The 58-year-old Mr. Yar’Adua is reported by close aides to be undergoing treatment for a heart condition in Saudi Arabia since November 23, a situation that has agitated opposition politicians and Nigeria’s civil society groups.

The president has not been seen or heard from by Nigerians since he was flown out of the country on November 23, 2009 to be treated for acute pericarditis, an inflammation of the membrane around the heart.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5510908-146/story.csp

FINALLY!!!!
Re: Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by Fhemmmy: 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2010
Another ranting nonsense . . .send people to Saudi on Nigerians budget and waste money and go and buy some stupid things from there.
They need to order the president to address the nation, else, they use the law to get rid of him.
Re: Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 12, 2010
I swear Bankole/Mark guy should be shot angry
Re: Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by Fhemmmy: 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2010
naijababe:

I swear Bankole/Mark guy should be shot angry

With just one bullet to their heads
Re: Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by jimmysho(m): 6:11pm On Jan 12, 2010
the trip is nothing but cover and time safing for the ostrich pdp
Re: Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by Fhemmmy: 6:12pm On Jan 12, 2010
They shd ave told them to spend their salary for such trip and hear their voice, idiots
Re: Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by OAM4J: 6:14pm On Jan 12, 2010
Foo.lish lawmakers lawbreakers
Re: Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by Fhemmmy: 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2010
Lawmakers my arse
Re: Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by ladi02(m): 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2010
these people must think we are a bunch of malos this is the worst government we have had greedy lawmakers! after estacode.
Re: Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by Sammy107d(m): 6:40pm On Jan 12, 2010
Sooo, how much now??
Re: Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by jimmysho(m): 6:45pm On Jan 12, 2010
they will certainly come from the trip and say the mr. yaradua is doing fine and he promise to deal wit obama for putting our name on the watchlist. i can bet my grandma on it for the guys and pa for,
Re: Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by otokx(m): 7:13pm On Jan 12, 2010
Another way of stealing our money?
Re: Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by Fhemmmy: 7:17pm On Jan 12, 2010
jimmysho:

they will certainly come from the trip and say the mr. yaradua is doing fine and he promise to deal wit obama for putting our name on the watchlist. i can bet my grandma on it for the guys and pa for,

Dont bet, cos their flight might drop in the sea oh
Re: Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by largie(f): 7:49pm On Jan 12, 2010
Someone tell me why all the gods of our land will not strike these ones with all the missiles in their possesion?When the whole world have gone to saudi and have come back with result, they want to spend money in search of yaradua that we all know can't continue ruling the country dead or alive.
They are asking the SGF to tell them the state of health of our ailing president because their hands are tied.I am so pissed
Re: Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 12, 2010
Yaradua is said to have acute pericarditis. Info on this condition:

Acute pericarditis is an inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart --- the pericardium --- usually lasting < 6 weeks. It is by far the most common condition affecting the pericardium

Treatment

Patients with uncomplicated acute pericarditis can generally be treated and followed up in an outpatient clinic. However, those with high risk factors for developing complications (see above) will need to be admitted to an inpatient service, most likely an ICU setting. High risk patients include:

subacute onset
high fever (> 100.4 F/38 C) and leukocytosis
development of cardiac tamponade
large pericardial effusion (echo-free space > 20 mm) resistant to NSAID treatment
immunocompromised
history of oral anticoagulation therapy
acute trauma
failure to respond to seven days of NSAID treatment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_pericarditis
Re: Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by ladi02(m): 11:59pm On Jan 12, 2010
We will see how long the so called delegation will take to reach Saudi Arabia, and if anyone of them is medically qualified to determine the health of the President this is another way to stall i tire for the so called leaders we get for this country
Re: Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by ladi02(m): 8:34am On Jan 13, 2010
it is actually a solidarity visit can you just believe it
Re: Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by trueword: 8:43am On Jan 13, 2010
Bankole and Mark are very evil. They have no conscience. I'm glad Bankole was embarrased when the crowd did not want to hear him speak. That's what he gets.

If these delegates are not being allowed to find out the condition of Yar'Adua then why the heck are they going. Mark/Bankole and everyone who sides with them are just trying to delay things.

If in the next few days nothing major happens, we should start thinking about what further action need to be taken because I don't think that Mark, Bankole and their team really thinks that the Nigerian people are serious. They need to be made to start fearing the masses.
Re: Breaking News: Lawmakers To Send Delegation To Saudi Arabia by chrisical(m): 9:24am On Jan 13, 2010
Utter rubbish

(1) (Reply)

And Yet We Deny Being Terrorists? / Has Ibori Secured A Written Agreement On Rotational Presidency? / Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.