Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,992 members, 7,835,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards (19740 Views)

Wizkid Nominated For MOBO Award For “Best International Act” / Wizkid Nominated For 59th Grammy Award (pics) / Wizkid Wins 3 Billboard Music Awards And Counting, Checkout Full List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by FemiLastBorn(m): 9:39am On May 17, 2017
NwaObinkita:
This Arrogant boy angry
He will not win it in Jesus name.
its that ur problem now?
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by jude90(m): 9:42am On May 17, 2017
over rated musician in Africa. which song has he sang that is a hit? I bet he has join their evil cult that's why all these nominations
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by verygudbadguy(m): 10:06am On May 17, 2017
jude90:
over rated musician in Africa. which song has he sang that is a hit? I bet he has join their evil cult that's why all these nominations

You, on the other hand, are an overrated Homo Sapient, if you know what i mean. BET has just nominated him for best international act. Don't you think there is something he is doing right?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by laterthings: 10:09am On May 17, 2017
I so much love this song

I need a one dance
got Hennessy in my hands
one more time for I go
higher power have taken hold on me....

for those saying that Wizzy is just a backup should just shut it do you know what it means to feature in such a great song.

"One Dance" is a song by Canadian rapper Drake from his fourth studio album, Views (2016). It features guest vocals from Nigerian Afrobeat artist Wizkid and British singer Kyla.[4] The artists co-wrote the dancehall and afrobeat song with its co-producers Nineteen85, DJ Maphorisa, and Noah "40" Shebib, with production assistance from Wizkid.[5][6] Crazy Cousinz and Kyla also received songwriting credits for the sampling of their 2008 UK funky song "Do You Mind".[7]

"One Dance" was released for digital download on April 5, 2016 and was serviced to US urban, rhythmic, and contemporary hit radio on April 12, 2016.[8][9][10] "One Dance" was released shortly after the release date for Views was announced, alongside "Pop Style". "One Dance" was the first of three dancehall singles to be released from Views, along with "Controlla" and "Too Good".[11][12]

"One Dance" reached number one in 15 countries, including Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States, becoming Drake's first number-one single in all 15 countries as the lead artist. It topped the US Billboard Hot 100 for 10 non-consecutive weeks and the UK Singles Chart for 15 consecutive weeks, making it the joint-second longest consecutive number one in the country. Featured artist Wizkid became the first Nigerian artist to top the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.[13] "One Dance" became the second dancehall song of 2016 to top the Billboard Hot 100 after Rihanna's "Work" which also featured Drake.

On September 7, 2016, Billboard named "One Dance" the 2016 Song of the Summer.[14] As of December 2016, it has sold 2 million copies in the US, thus being the fifth-best-selling song of the year.[15] For Apple Music it was the best performing song of the year.[16] On October 15, 2016, "One Dance" became the most played song ever on streaming media service Spotify, with over one billion individual streams, overtaking the previous record held by Major Lazer and DJ Snake's "Lean On".[17][18][19] "One Dance" was the best-performing single worldwide of 2016[20] and is one of the best-selling of all-time.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by rosebuzz(f): 10:28am On May 17, 2017
NwaObinkita:
This Arrogant boy angry

You are seriously mad. he will win by the grace of God.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by walemetro: 10:33am On May 17, 2017
But its a fact. its Drakes song. its Drake that was nominated not wizkid. he just featured (barely) on one dance. if it wins awards they go to drake not wizzy... no playa hating just stating fact.[quote author=seunny4lif post=56595582][/quote]
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by TheRealestGuy(m): 10:38am On May 17, 2017
franzis:
The only Nigerian artiste likely to bring home the Grammy

WTF you just say?

Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by alexpetersng: 10:41am On May 17, 2017
Akshow:
Haterzzz will not like this ooooooo.....

Take it or leave it, wizkid is the biggest act in Africa right now.

Sure.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by joenor(m): 10:43am On May 17, 2017
Just hope this not a hold on you Mr.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by franzis(m): 11:07am On May 17, 2017
TheRealestGuy:

WTF you just say?

he is clearly the one in a pole position to bring home Nigeria first Grammy award

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by franzis(m): 11:09am On May 17, 2017
walemetro:
But its a fact. its Drakes song. its Drake that was nominated not wizkid. he just featured (barely) on one dance. if it wins awards they go to drake not wizzy... no playa hating just stating fact.
Mr Man WizKid wrote part of that song
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by Johel(m): 11:21am On May 17, 2017
NwaObinkita:
This Arrogant boy angry

that's how u and your entire family will never win!....foolish hater jealous of ur fellow man's success....shame on ur poor ass!
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by Nobody: 11:22am On May 17, 2017
good for him. God bless my hustle too.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by Johel(m): 11:24am On May 17, 2017
franzis:
Mr Man WizKid wrote part of that song
shutup!....wizkid was also a co producer of the song 'one dance'....another filthy hater!
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by franzis(m): 11:46am On May 17, 2017
Johel:
shutup!....wizkid was also a co producer of the song 'one dance'....another filthy hater!
what are you saying , what am I saying , you must be very daft not to comprehend why I wrote that ...

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by WhoIBe: 12:04pm On May 17, 2017
Nice one to Wizkid all those people will respect Nigerian artist, but they all Drake´s songs.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by jayeoba92: 12:27pm On May 17, 2017
NwaObinkita:
This Arrogant boy angry

I rebuke it for him in Jesus name ....
and as for you..... Your case is with God.
GAT nothing much to say to you.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by cao(f): 12:49pm On May 17, 2017
Just to confirm, this is for One Dance, the song that I'm still looking for his vocals? Okay...continue.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 17, 2017
cao:
Just to confirm, this is for One Dance, the song that I'm still looking for his vocals? Okay...continue.

It's in that tiny bit towards the end where drake actually decides to stop talking
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by jude90(m): 1:43pm On May 17, 2017
verygudbadguy:

You, on the other hand, are an overrated Homo Sapient, if you know what i mean. BET has just nominated him for best international act. Don't you think there is something he is doing right?
i ask you please which of his songs is a hit?
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 17, 2017
NwaObinkita:
This Arrogant boy angry

Waoh.. You mean someone post this about a fellow black? What is your gain from wishing this guy evil? Have you forgotten that whosoever threw the ashes away, that the ash follows them?
Why are you eboe kids like this? Why are you so vengeful with hatred filled heart? Why are you so jealous to the extent of murder like your father Cain in the bible?
Why are you attracting ancestral curses on yourself?
The same way you evil children of Biafuro were so sad when Anthony Joshua won the unified world boxing Championship. See where envy and jealousy is leading you?
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by Skubidude(m): 5:14pm On May 17, 2017
niceguy7:
This guy just wan go international by force.......ok let's wait and see how it goes .. smiley

He is already international, wetin remain?
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by Skubidude(m): 5:16pm On May 17, 2017
NwaObinkita:
This Arrogant boy angry
Stop hating bro it's not good for your health.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by Skubidude(m): 5:19pm On May 17, 2017
Akshow:
Haterzzz will not like this ooooooo.....
Take it or leave it, wizkid is the biggest act in Africa right now.
Seconded!
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by niceguy7(m): 5:59pm On May 17, 2017
Skubidude:

Aiit.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For Billboard Music Awards by niceguy7(m): 6:00pm On May 17, 2017
Skubidude:

Atigbo...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh’s Erratic Behavior Almost Got Her Jailed In 2015 – Ghana Police / Regina Daniels Showers Praises On Her Husband, Ned Nwoko / My Mother Went To The Grave With 90 Per Cent Of My Secrets – Chioma Akpotha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.