Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? (1587 Views)

My Registry & Traditional Wedding / After Traditional Marriage, Am I Allowed To Live With My Husband? / What Can Make You Turn Your Partner's Intimacy Approach Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by r231(m): 10:17pm On Jan 12, 2010
This Is Not Fornication, Or Is It?

You are engaged to your GF/Fiancée that means the world to you,the big Church wedding is set for July. You've done the traditional wedding (or a court wedding) last year August and her people finally hand her over to you according to customs.

As Christians can the man and woman begin to enjoy each other in spite of the fact that they've not done the Church wedding?
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by ubiaa5(f): 10:31pm On Jan 12, 2010
I have never heard anything this ridiculous,so is traditional marriage no longer recognised?wat abt people that do only the traditional wedding an dont follow up wit church because of financial reasons,are there suppose to go back to their respective families.Traditional marriage is a full and recognised marriage u can consumate ur union there after,before the wedding,that is if u did not already.
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 12, 2010
Ubiaa5,
I owe you one small stout.

Aswerigad, this is mind-boggling.
For reasons best known to some people traditional marriage is utter tosh.
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by mamagee3(f): 12:53am On Jan 13, 2010
I think it's fornication even though I can't prove it
But traditional marriage doesn't seal the deal or bring about God's blessing
It's the white wedding that does
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by ubiaa5(f): 1:02am On Jan 13, 2010
OMO IBO:

Ubiaa5, grin
I owe you one small stout.

Aswerigad, this is mind-boggling.
For reasons best known to some people traditional marriage is utter tosh.

Waiting on my small stout,
mama-gee:

Really, u are amazing.
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by Nobody: 2:02am On Jan 13, 2010
I really don't know why we think white wedding is necessary. If you call the pastor to your traditional wedding or even your parents and they lay hands on you to pray as a sign of inviting God to your marriage, He will bless it. Who even says the church you are even going to is sanctified? undecided Traditional wedding ought to be the most important. Is it because it's not done in a church building? Weren't we meant to understand that we are the church not the edifices we build?
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by poosyfaka(m): 6:14am On Jan 13, 2010
i have never read anywhere in the bible where we are commanded to have a church wedding. white robes and honeymoons are not written in the bible. at least in mine.
customs of marriages vary from culture to culture. for instance here in the usa there is no traditional wedding. there is only the proposal with ring. and the civil marriage.

i beleive in pre-marital sex. its beautifuuuuullll.
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by mrperfect(m): 9:41am On Jan 13, 2010
Traditional Weeding is most important thing. You are not committing any fornication. when you are ready then go for your church stuff. Mean while have fun.
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by Skidoc(m): 9:44am On Jan 13, 2010
mama-gee:

Wow! So God only endorses some other people's culture and not ours? C'mon girl, tell me you were joking! shocked
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by kanayo74(m): 12:12pm On Jan 13, 2010
@ r231 , its not fornication. dont let people make u believe that traditional marriage is not it.
even in your church they will want to know if u have done the traditional rights.

@ubiaa u are very correct, marriage is marriage as long as consent has been sort.

@omoibo, i will support with one bottle of big stout for ubiaa.

@mama gee ITS NOT FORNICATION. dont you know that christainity is a tradition of its own.

in my own opinion, traditional marriage is it. once you are married traditionally all the PREVILEGESAND RIGHTS of marriage are yours.
dont let any body tell you theories that cant be proven.
Even the parents of Jesus never had church wedding, they had it the jewish way, whic was based on their jewish traditions.
so poster if u have married you heartthrob you are free to shine the kongo as long as u like with or without the church wedding.
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by Spyker: 12:26pm On Jan 13, 2010
Marriage is marriage whether traditional or white or court. As a Christian, i would want white wedding but that does not mean that after traditional marriage, i can't have my wife. If you think it is a sin to sleep with your wife, why then do traditional marriage command more acceptance than white wedding. White wedding is just ceremonial wedding. You can wed quietly in the church and get the same blessing of God even though you never informed or invited anyone. Does that mean that you are not blessed by God?
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by r231(m): 1:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
Thank you guys
the pastor that is suppose to join the couple together has a diff opinion on this well he said that its not right in the eyes of GOD and i am trying to understand what that means.
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 13, 2010
Asides the traditional wedding, u said you have gone to court isn't it
Love make away jo wink
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by Nkeon: 2:09pm On Jan 13, 2010
stillwater:

Weren't we meant to understand that we are the church not the edifices we build?

Completely agree with this statement! My mother and I always debate this. I tell her that when Jesus said to Peter he would be the rock he built his church on, he meant a church of people, but she thinks it refers specifically to the Catholic church; bricks and all!

@ poster

I'm not expert on traditional marriage but all I know is that by the time by parents had their church wedding after their traditional my mum walked down the ailse 8 months pregnant!

My aunty is a minister and her daughter just had the traditional wedding. I think my aunty performed a blessing to add the Christian element to the wedding.
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
r231:

Thank you guys
the pastor that is suppose to join the couple together has a diff opinion on this well he said that its not right in the eyes of GOD and i am trying to understand what that means.

The pastor is right! As far as you are not joined in the eyes of God, (Church wedding) it's fornication. We are talking about religion/Christianity now. Though morally and legally, it's not wrong; It cannot be regarded as pre-marital sex. But as far as the church is concerned, you are committing sin!
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by ubiaa5(f): 5:21pm On Jan 13, 2010
kanayo74:

@ r231 , its not fornication. dont let people make u believe that traditional marriage is not it.
even in your church they will want to know if u have done the traditional rights.

@ubiaa u are very correct, marriage is marriage as long as consent has been sort.

@omoibo, i will support with one bottle of big stout for ubiaa.

@mama gee ITS NOT FORNICATION. dont you know that christainity is a tradition of its own.

in my own opinion, traditional marriage is it. once you are married traditionally all the PREVILEGESAND RIGHTS of marriage are yours.
dont let any body tell you theories that cant be proven.
Even the parents of Jesus never had church wedding, they had it the jewish way, whic was based on their jewish traditions.
so poster if u have married you heartthrob you are free to shine the kongo as long as u like with or without the church wedding.

Another stout 4 me, i go shark tire. cheesy
Ujujoan:

The pastor is right! As far as you are not joined in the eyes of God, (Church wedding) it's fornication. We are talking about religion/Christianity now. Though morally and legally, it's not wrong; It cannot be regarded as pre-marital sex. But as far as the church is concerned, you are committing sin!
I dont agree with u at all,every traditional marriage that i have attended including mine there was a pastor there that blessed the marriage,is that not accepted b4 God?or is it all about the church building and the white dress?
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by Obelomo: 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2010
Many naijas do both types of weddings, but my pasito considers traditional to be marriage too, but our church doesn't allow "shack up", in my opinion I dunno.
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by Sissy3(f): 6:42am On Jan 14, 2010
r231:

very interesting. many pastors/priests share the same belief as your pastor.  i will tell you an "interesting view" of a particular religion concerning your question.

for the catholic church tradtional marriage is no marriage at all. living together after traditional marriage is considered co-habitation. if they marry traditionally, they are not supposed to live together. thus before marriage, no pre-marital sex. co-habitation before marriage is a forbidden practice in the eyes of the CC(thus the reason why living together after traditional marriage is not encouraged) and many priests even go as far as requesting that the couples live separate if they have been cohabiting before the wedding takes place.

however, the question now is how many people actually practice this "belief"?  very very very few if any, i tell you!
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by Blueice4re(f): 8:34am On Jan 14, 2010
Traditional marriage is been recognized in were i come from,after which you can have intimacy and it is not a fornication.you may ask why because you can't leave d traditional marriage and go for White wedding accept you are having both d same day.
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by vescucci(m): 8:22pm On Jan 14, 2010
Truly, this is why I stay in the movies section. Marriage is nothing but an agreement between two families that their children be together. Finito. So called white weddings are great if you like a show of holiness. But you shouldn't do that secular thingie called divorce afterwards even if you discover you'd married a serial killer/child rapist for that's not holy
Re: Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? by Tsiya(m): 8:27pm On Jan 14, 2010
Is there any biblical injuction that marriages must be ordained by a Pastor? If yes, and if you are believer then it is a fornication, other wise, I don't think it is a fornication.

White wedding? So the traditional one is black wedding? Why are we shackled to undefined cultures?

(1) (Reply)

Please Be The Judge Of This Family Issue / Ffk's Family Disowns His Three Children With Ex Wife Yemisi Wada / Which Foods Should My Wife Avoid So That Her One Week Pregnancy Would Not Abort?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.