Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael (20066 Views)

Meet Uzoma Asagwara, Nigerian-Born Canadian Lawmaker / Uzoma Asagwara Wins Legislative Seat In Manitoba, Canada [photo] / Boko Haram Kills Seal Uzoma, Nigerian Soldier In North-East (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by ClaraJ(f): 11:48am On May 17, 2017

Obudu is a popular name on people's lips in Nigeria. However, even with how popular this destination is, there are still a couple of things that are misconceived or unknown about the place. To fill in the gap, Michael Uzoma Michael shares amazing facts about Obudu.

1. It's a Local Government Area and Town:

Obudu is a Local Government Area in Cross River State, Nigeria, and a tourist hotspot.

The area features a tourist resort, the Obudu Cattle Ranch.

Once the name 'Obudu' is mentioned, a number of people assume it's the Obudu Mountain Resort that is either being referred to or being shortened to the form 'Obudu'. However, this is not always the case. Obudu is actually a Local Government Area and town in Cross River State, Nigeria, that features the Obudu Mountain Resort (formerly called Obudu Cattle Ranch) among other features and recreational facilities.

2. It Has a Dam:

The town of Obudu is downstream from the Obudu Dam which provides recreational facilities for people in the area. The dam is located within the Obudu crystalline basement plateau and was commissioned in 1999 for use in farm irrigation, fishing, and for recreational and tourism purposes.

3. It has a Plateau:

The Obudu plateau is found on the Oshie Ridge of the Sankwala Mountain range in Cross River State. The Obudu Mountain Resort (formerly called Obudu Cattle Ranch) was developed on this plateau. The plateau is found in the Obanliku local government area of Cross River state and is a giant massif spread over an area of over 40 square miles and rises to about 5200 ft above sea level, with its peak reaching to a height of about 1,716 metres above sea level.

The plateau is known to a habitat of rare species of birds.

4. It Hosts an International Mountain Race:

It called the Obudu Ranch International Mountain Race and it's an annual mountain running competition that takes place in late November in Obudu.

The race is known as the 'World's Richest Mountain Race' because it has the largest total prize money available of any mountain race. The race is an associate member race of the World Mountain Running Association (WMRA) and endorsed by the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF). However, in 2015, due to huge financial challenges the government of the state indefinitely suspended the race.

5. It has a Nearby Airstrip:

The Airstrip is called Bebi Airstrip. It's an airstrip serving Bebi in Nigeria and it also serves as the airport for the Obudu Mountain Resort. It's runway is 18 kilometers east of the town of Obudu and the airstrip primarily serves as the aviation gateway to the Obudu Ranch resort. This makes Cross River state the only state in Nigeria with a flight route connecting two operational airports within the state.

http://www.opinionnigeria.com/amazing-facts-about-obudu-by-michael-uzoma-michael/

4 Likes

Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by SoberDisciple(m): 1:13pm On May 17, 2017
Another fact is that is that since Donald left, the frenzy that came with the core attraction of Obudu which is the ranch is ebbing fast.
Liyel was the worst thing that happened to CRS.
As for Ayade, he's too playful and excited to be taken serious. But he (Ayade) is still better than Liyel.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by Celcius: 1:17pm On May 17, 2017
Is the ranch really in Obudu LGA? ...or Obanliku LGA?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by ClaraJ(f): 1:17pm On May 17, 2017
SoberDisciple:
Another fact is that is that since Donald left, the frenzy that came with the core attraction of Obudu which is the ranch is ebbing fast.
As for Ayade, he's too playful and excited to be taken serious. But he (Ayade) is still better than Liyel.

lol

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by ClaraJ(f): 5:13pm On May 17, 2017
lalasticlala FP abeg wink
Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 17, 2017
lol... Nice!
Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by GodIsFoolish: 6:59pm On May 17, 2017
hmm
Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by Terror666(m): 7:00pm On May 17, 2017
OKAY
Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by Chimma2000(f): 7:00pm On May 17, 2017
Wish to catch fun there someday!!!

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by Jameskelvin(m): 7:01pm On May 17, 2017
Hmm na wa o,the battle for fp and ftc iz real
Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by NwaObinkita: 7:02pm On May 17, 2017
angry
BEST FACT:

Obudu indigenes offer their wives as 'refreshments' to their guests as a sign of good hospitality.

But the stingy ones will give you their wife's wrapper to place on your bed and sleep on.

I was lucky, my Obudu friend isn't the stingy type, he offered me his wife whom I gladly accepted and when they had gone to work this next day,
The cook took the place of his wife.

Unfortunately for me, his daughters were in school.

Please try and visit Obudu someday.

3 Likes

Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 17, 2017
Jameskelvin:
Hmm na wa o,the battle for fp and ftc iz real

i tell you
Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by AdonaiRoofing(m): 7:03pm On May 17, 2017
With all these here,why waste our resources travelling abroad for holidays.?

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance etc
Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by martineverest(m): 7:04pm On May 17, 2017
we know all these before ma.....do more reaearch about d ranch not this superficial one

3 Likes

Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by shugacaneman: 7:06pm On May 17, 2017
it has a honey factory.

the weather there is awesome.

was there December and it was amazing. I will toured so many towns within the obudu LGA.

i will go back to explore a town where males and females speak differently. Yes it exists

5 Likes

Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by Pavore9: 7:06pm On May 17, 2017
Obudu should be intensively marketed.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by chiscodedon(m): 7:07pm On May 17, 2017
SoberDisciple:
Spotted...
Candid truth, living in past glory...common Tinapa...hasn't been able to maintain it.
Since Duke left,Cross River has been producing f**k boyz as governor

8 Likes

Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by leofab(f): 7:07pm On May 17, 2017
Serene country side.
Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by drey08(m): 7:07pm On May 17, 2017
hmm
Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by NairalandCS(m): 7:08pm On May 17, 2017
grin

Obudu cattle ranch, no wonder the name obudu sounds familiar.

Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by goldenson5895(m): 7:09pm On May 17, 2017
we don hear
Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by segebase(m): 7:10pm On May 17, 2017
d
Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by ruffhandu: 7:20pm On May 17, 2017
Hmn.
The Ranch is not in Obudu but Obanliku LGA

3 Likes

Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by sirjomore(m): 7:24pm On May 17, 2017
Celcius:
Is the ranch really in Obudu LGA? ...or Obanliku LGA?
Was Wondering Too Oh
Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by mcayomind: 7:24pm On May 17, 2017
How many times do we have to hear this trash over and over again?
Or do we have 1,000 obudu in Nigeria?
Go and teach the unborn generation this unnecessary fact, cos my IQ is too high to read this simple fact or what did you just call it?
#sign_out

6 Likes

Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by Natzsmart1(m): 7:28pm On May 17, 2017
Nice one
Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by paulsibility(m): 7:31pm On May 17, 2017
Okay
Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by kulikuli45: 7:34pm On May 17, 2017
Obudu is a shadow of its self.

Cable car and water park operators have been on strike for over 2 months.

Barely 3 hours of electricity a day.
Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by idiege12(m): 7:34pm On May 17, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
Celcius:
Is the ranch really in Obudu LGA?
...or Obanliku LGA?
Celcius:
...or Obanliku LGA?
Celcius:
...or Obanliku LGA?
OBANLIKU

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 17, 2017
NwaObinkita:
angry
BEST FACT:

Obudu indigenes offer their wives as 'refreshments' to their guests as a sign of good hospitality.

But the stingy ones will give you their wife's wrapper to place on your bed and sleep on.

I was lucky, my Obudu friend isn't the stingy type, he offered me his wife whom I gladly accepted and when they had gone to work this next day,
The cook took the place of his wife.

Unfortunately for me, his daughters were in school.

Please try and visit Obudu someday.

Will u stop lying ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose Clarifies Issue Of Paris Fund Mismangement,Blasts Buhari & APC Again(pics / Ishaq Shaibu Okolo Appoints 130 SSA And 30 Media Aides, 38 S.A In Kogi / Any Member Of APC Working Against Our Success Will Fail - Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.