Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,245 members, 7,860,561 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:38 PM

'permanent Ban On VIS': A Wrong Decision At A Wrong Time. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'permanent Ban On VIS': A Wrong Decision At A Wrong Time. (428 Views)

How Atiku Was Allowed To Enter The United States After Permanent Ban - Med / Ambode Places PERMANENT Ban On VIO Officials, Bans FRSC From State Roads / Ambode Places Permanent Ban On VIO Officials, FRSC From State Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'permanent Ban On VIS': A Wrong Decision At A Wrong Time. by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 17, 2017
Why i frown at Ambode's deciscion regarding permanent ban on V.I.S

It is very paramount that we tell the truth always even if it is not to our benefit.

It is no more a news that Gov Ambode ban V.I.S on Lagos major routes. Yet, this ban comes with a very sad and wrong timing.

If we look into the injustice and unethical way in which thr Vehical unspection officers discharge thier duties on Lagos roads, one will say, truly they are not useful on our roads.

My beautuful people, whilst it has gathered many mixed reactions. The truth remains that V.I.O are very important to OUR LAGOS ROADS.

I will at it from two perspectives. I.e....

1. The safety and core duty

2. The political view point.

I will digress just before this.

It is not a new thing that this officers on the road use any means to syphoon money from road users,thereby causing unnessecary gridlocks on the road. I was once a victim.

Read details here

Irrespective of all these evils they perpertrate, We must acknowledge their usefulness on our roads.

The safety and core duty

The sworn duty they do is to seive out cars that not road worthy. Let it be known that they discharge this duty very diligently. My amiable ever gallant Governor said he is reaching this conclusion based on the fact that he wanted a freer Lagos routes. He added that some of the gridlocks are caused by these inspection officers on the road..... Sir, no... Infact they ease up most of the gridlocks.

Let's take a look at it this way sir..... If the inspection officers are banned from our roads, sir
what of the vehicles that are not road worthy again

sir, what of the vehicles that have bad tyres.

Sir, what of those vehicles that doesn't have valid papers again?

Sir, what if all those vehicles that not road worthy any longer owners decides to put them back on the road... What will happen?

Sir, it will be gridlocks...

The political view point.

Im sorry to question the Governor's political sense though. I just wish i could remind the govenor on this.....

We all saw how people are happy about the development. Who won't? I will also be, but it is a VERY WRONG TIMING!

sir, what if you make people happy when its close to the general election?

Wouldn't it be worse if the gridlock and traffic jam you 'ban' the inspection officers for persists?

What happens to the IGR they create?

I frown at your decision Gov Ambode Akinwunmi

Drabeey wrote this

Re: 'permanent Ban On VIS': A Wrong Decision At A Wrong Time. by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 17, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Video: Seriake Dickson Decry Six Wasted Years Of Ijaw Mandate / Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy! VP needed for Federal Republic of Nigeria / EFCC Is After My Life – Former Navy Chief, Admiral Usman Jibrin Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.