Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Osinbajo Fails To Swear In New Ministers Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Fails To Swear In New Ministers Again (1009 Views)

Osinbajo fails to delay 35 aides’ sacking / Photos Of Buhari And His New Ministers, APC Stakeholder In Abuja Today / Osinbajo To Sign 2017 Budget, Inaugurate New Ministers - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Fails To Swear In New Ministers Again by Gistpeeps: 1:03pm On May 17, 2017

Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, again failed to swear in two confirmed Ministers, Stephen Ocheni (Kogi) and Suleiman Hassan (Gombe) on Wednesday.

Osinbajo is currently presiding over today’s Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting inside the Council Chambers of the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja.

Ocheni and Hassan were screened and confirmed by the Senate two weeks ago, but are yet to be sworn in.

Ministers are usually sworn in and assigned portfolios a week after their confirmation by the upper legislative chamber.

Ocheni is to replace the late James Ocholi who died over a year ago, while Hassan is to take over from Mrs Amina Mohammed, who resigned to become the United Nations Deputy Secretary General.

Osinbajo has been acting as president since May 7, when President Muhammadu Buhari headed for the UK for further medical check-ups.

http://www.gistpeeps.com/2017/05/osinbajo-fails-to-swear-in-new-ministers-again.html
Re: Osinbajo Fails To Swear In New Ministers Again by codedguy1(m): 1:32pm On May 17, 2017
But why?
Re: Osinbajo Fails To Swear In New Ministers Again by Splinz(m): 1:39pm On May 17, 2017
codedguy1:
But why?

He is just a "coordinator". smiley

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Fails To Swear In New Ministers Again by LordAdam16: 1:43pm On May 17, 2017
Meanwhile the CBN reserves have fallen consistently for the 8th consecutive business day since 4th of May (the longest since December 2016), and the Lagos-Ibadan press is not reporting it, because their person is the Acting President.

This APC government is useless. Whether Buhari or Osinbajo, no difference.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Fails To Swear In New Ministers Again by DLondonboiy: 1:48pm On May 17, 2017
Osibanjo lacks the power..
Re: Osinbajo Fails To Swear In New Ministers Again by zik4ever: 2:07pm On May 17, 2017
My take is that he has to assign portfolio to them AFTER swearing them in, so he is perhaps waiting to consult BEFORE doing so.
Re: Osinbajo Fails To Swear In New Ministers Again by doctokwus: 2:07pm On May 17, 2017
The mischievous me wud say,'shey we said it that that "coordinator of govt affairs" insertion was done to prevent Osinbajo from having full constitutional powers,as planned by d corrupt cabal and co corrupt NASS leadership'.
The other me,wud say 'let's not get over our heads now and wait to see if there is any tangible explanation(s) for d non swearing in thus far'.
The third me wud say,anybody that wants to prevent Osinbajo from carrying out his constitutional powers as Acting President shud be careful not to instigate a crisis that wud consume everyone because no human brought about Buhari's health challenges and his refusal to take d honorable path of resigning is his own headache,not any sane Nigerian's.
Re: Osinbajo Fails To Swear In New Ministers Again by facelessangel: 2:18pm On May 17, 2017
make him try Na. if i be minister nominee, will not want a coordinator to swear me in.
shame go catch me. most importantly, he does not have the powers which he knows.
He cant assume presidents duty because he a coordinator not acting president
Re: Osinbajo Fails To Swear In New Ministers Again by azerbaijanbase: 6:06pm On May 17, 2017
Why is this thread not on front page yet.
Omekalives
Ngeneukwuenu
Re: Osinbajo Fails To Swear In New Ministers Again by IdJack(m): 6:13am On May 18, 2017
Nigeria We hail thee.
God have mercy

(1) (Reply)

Senate President: Bukola Saraki Attack By Angry Unemployed Youth Of His Ward / Niger Delta Also Wants An Independent Country Called RONDEL. / Shocking Revelation!!! Sagay Collaborated With Sahara Reporters, To Bribe CCT!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.