Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,198 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) (65582 Views)

A Freak Glass Accident In Dubai But Guy Escaped Being Sliced In Half. / This Is Not Dubai Or Heathrow, This Is The New Oshodi BRT Bus Terminal - Photos / People Queue To Buy Train Ticket In Nigeria (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by Salt3: 11:29am On May 31, 2017
malton:
Nice.

Nguru is a very lovely place. I was raised there as a boy and witnessed how good the place is firsthand.

Good food, plenty fishes, and a variety of meat, all at pocket-friendly prices.

The people are good too. And while I grew up in the barracks, I had a very good relationship with the civilians. Cool, hardworking people.

And before you mention insecurity, Nguru is about the safest LGA in the entire Yobe State, with less fanatics as well. Only Gashua comes close to it's level of security.

But when you hear Potiskum, or surrounding LGAs, run for your life! Thankfully, the distance between Nguru and Potiskum is faaaaaaaarrrrrrrr!

How far? 0
Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by PStacks(m): 11:39am On May 31, 2017
iaamxavier:
This is yobe state

Let's work on tourism in nigeria we have lots of potentials
artist could use here to shoot videos even models
We can have a skydiving facility there and improve tourism

unfortunately we are blessed with every other thing but no leaders.

no people with foresight. no people with vision.

check out this video and understand what i am talking..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab3urJdckcU
Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by chukxie(m): 11:55am On May 31, 2017
Zi:
Remove "almost" and you will be right.

You're right. Sad reality of the country called Nigeria.
Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by UnimkeAk(m): 11:57am On May 31, 2017
Pidgin2:
Lovely place, Nigeria is richly blessed but we need wisdom to harness our gifts.

Boko Haram terrorists would have been making more money as tour guides, giving entrance tickets and selling local artifacts to tourists who visit this area instead they are making themselves a nuisance and useless to this country only to collect stipends from their pay masters and kill innocent souls all in the name of politics

Go away joor
Bh isnt politics
Allah told them to do what they are doing
Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by Mcreloaded(m): 12:04pm On May 31, 2017
[After bokoharam have been finally and technically defeated I will like to visit this Dubai in Nigeria
Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by ovieokodhi(m): 12:17pm On May 31, 2017
Opp you are wicked o , models to use such location in extreme north abeg o abi you want them to go in full and come back forgetting some body parts over there.
Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 31, 2017
hakeem4:
wow such a beautiful place.

don't we have where we can sky dive in Nigeria, I mean a place where there's is no NEPA high tension wire so you don't land on the wire

What type of shoe is this ?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 31, 2017
What's lovely about a desert? Get a grip guys. The camera filter is nice though.

As someone who's worked in the gulf countries for a couple of years, I'd say its one of the the most aesthetically awful places on earth, save for contrived man-made landscape features.
Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 31, 2017
grin grin them use camera 360 for this picture just wait till u see it real life
Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by SURElee(f): 1:29pm On May 31, 2017
malton:
Nice.

Nguru is a very lovely place. I was raised there as a boy and witnessed how good the place is firsthand.

Good food, plenty fishes, and a variety of meat, all at pocket-friendly prices.

The people are good too. And while I grew up in the barracks, I had a very good relationship with the civilians. Cool, hardworking people.

And before you mention insecurity, Nguru is about the safest LGA in the entire Yobe State, with less fanatics as well. Only Gashua comes close to it's level of security.

But when you hear Potiskum, or surrounding LGAs, run for your life! Thankfully, the distance between Nguru and Potiskum is faaaaaaaarrrrrrrr!

Thanks bro, you allayed the security issue I was to bring up. No matter how tight the security is, I'd rather opt for other parts of the country. I can't be holed up from my resort room into a vehicle headed for Sambisa forest (I no wan hear say my yam no done abeg). Beautiful sight I won't lie.
Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by SURElee(f): 1:40pm On May 31, 2017
Goahead:
Before taking a tour to this lovely place, I'd like to ask a very simple question. Who is overseeing this state, Boko haram or the Nigerian government?

Hahahahahahahahaham LWKMD! E reach to ask o! Before we go reach there begin run enter bush for our dear lives say we dey patronise made in nigeria tourism. Hahahahahaha. Abeg make una no kill me for NL jare.
Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by SURElee(f): 1:52pm On May 31, 2017
[quote author=JayTripz post=57047061]this kind place de our Area for warri [/quote

Abeg tell them say we go manage our very own abraka motel instead make we go yobe come dey fear to sleep with our two eyes closed. Hahhahahahaha
Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by malton: 2:04pm On May 31, 2017
SURElee:

Thanks bro, you allayed the security issue I was to bring up. No matter how tight the security is, I'd rather opt for other parts of the country. I can't be holed up from my resort room into a vehicle headed for Sambisa forest (I no wan hear say my yam no done abeg). Beautiful sight I won't lie.

You're welcome.

I understand your concerns. I'd feel the same if I hadn't the information I do.

There, however, you won't have to worry about security issues.

I was there long enough to know. I still know people there to this day.
Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by malton: 2:06pm On May 31, 2017
tiwiex:

Do u need to pass anywhere unsafe to get there? If so, then Nguru is not safe too. What happened to all d northern business men that could have brought the place to life with dirt bikes etc? Dem dey Abuja politics. This sight is enough to have put Your on the map. Sad.

No, you do not. Nguru is closer to Jigawa state than it is to the rest of Yobe. On top of that, it is surrounded by stable local governments.

The leaders lack foresight.

That's Almustapha's hometown.
Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by malton: 2:09pm On May 31, 2017
MilitaryMinded:

You are so right. I lived there too for a while. 241 Recce Bn will always have a special place in my heart

Wow. This is good to know.

It's such a nice place.

The place is good enough to remain in anyone's memory for a long time.

Many good memories here as well.

1 Like

Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by malton: 2:15pm On May 31, 2017
experimentist:
Wow! Homeboy, that's my 2nd state o. My mom's from Nguru, you know? I lived there for a while it's lovely. It's a long time i forgot most of the areas. I remember Gasua. Bro we go align o.

Hehe. That's nice, bro.

It's a very lovely place.

It's been a while since I was there myself. But I plan on going there later this year or next.

There's Machina, Yusufari, Karasuwa, Hadejia.

1 Like

Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by malton: 2:17pm On May 31, 2017
taurusmena1:
Marketing executive.thats what you are..m.Kudos

LOL.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by gwama: 4:49pm On May 31, 2017
The only person who brought a lot of tourists back to Nigeria is TB JOSHUA.grin grin
Re: Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) by sfinkzslot(m): 8:37pm On May 31, 2017
we already know what else now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South African Man Wakes Up To Find A Lion In His Yard / South Africa Frustrates Evacuation, Arrests Home-bound Nigerians At Airports / The New Lagos Airport Road President Buhari Will Be Commissioning - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.