Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,951 members, 7,814,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Please Help Advice, My Nissan Altima Overheats Too Much - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please Help Advice, My Nissan Altima Overheats Too Much (4316 Views)

My Nissan Primera Is Also Up For Sale / This Car Overheats Like Crazy: Pls Help! / Help! Car Overheats After A Long Journey. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Advice, My Nissan Altima Overheats Too Much by BOSON: 6:13am On Jan 13, 2010
hello house please advice me on what to do. my nissan altima overheats vigorously. what is the cause and solution of the problem. please advice me accordinly. thank you very much
Re: Please Help Advice, My Nissan Altima Overheats Too Much by switchmax8: 8:34am On Jan 13, 2010
BOSON,
it is natural for cars with V6 engine to overheat according to my best mechanic.I was told that all V6 engines were meant for long distance but with overcrowding of lagos roads it tends to overheat alot that is why i avoid buying V6 engines.
They are good on the express roads but bad within the towns i will advice you go to a market for a minimal solution because any mechanic that said he can fix lied.
Oneluv
Re: Please Help Advice, My Nissan Altima Overheats Too Much by Onwan: 2:40pm On Jan 13, 2010
In order to help you, I need to know a few things;

1. Do you have to top the coolant everyday? ie. does it go down after a day's journey?
2. Do you have an Air Conditioner?
3. If you have an air conditioner, does it heat when the AC is off as well?
4. Do you have an auxillary fan OR is it only the main engine fan that you have in the car?
5. If its ONLY the main engine fan you have in the car; did you or anyone at any point in time permanent the main fan to the engine block? ie. so it rolls with the engine?

@switchmax
I do not know what on earth your Mechanic is talking about. I don not have any vehichle with less than a V6 engine AND I do not have an overheating problem.
Re: Please Help Advice, My Nissan Altima Overheats Too Much by sultaan(m): 5:54pm On Jan 14, 2010
Check your coolant level first(both radiator and reservoir.
Run the car till its hot, open the hood and stand i front of the car for 5 mins, if the fan comes on move to next step.

Turn off the engine and feel all the the coolant hoses feel the top hose and bottom hose by hand(basically, the hose going in and the one coming out of the water pump) if there is a big difference then it might suggest you water pump is faulty, your thermostat failed closed, or radiator clogged up.

State your findings
Re: Please Help Advice, My Nissan Altima Overheats Too Much by BOSON: 12:57am On Jan 15, 2010
well am sorry house. would have replied b4 now but i was in the village and there is no network. my friend took the car to a mechanic and they changed the radiator. the overheating seems to have stopped. only that the noise of the vehicle remains unbearable. what can i do?
Re: Please Help Advice, My Nissan Altima Overheats Too Much by Onwan: 11:15am On Jan 15, 2010
I'm glad there is progress with the overheating - hope the new radiator was not too expensive. For the noise, its important you specify where its coming from;
Engine side?, Exhaust?, wheels? Do let us know.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD Tokunbo Mitsubishi Montero Sport Xls 1.2m for Sale....08023408690 / sold sold sold.Very Clean 2003 Model Toyota Rav4 With Manual Gear Forsale / 2012 NISSAN 370Z - Salvage Title - $16,500.00

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.