Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test (6163 Views)

Xiaomi Mi 6 - Specification And Price (dual Pixel Camera ) / Compare Latest Gionee M6S Plus And Latest Xiaomi Mi 6 / Xiaomi Mi 6 Officially Launched With Sd 835, 6gb Ram And Dual Camera | The Beast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by henry007(m): 2:14am On May 18, 2017
Xiaomi Mi6 goes up against the Samsung Galaxy S8 and wins.
Major mind blown moment here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gRCXWsrv0k
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by mykelmeezy: 3:25am On May 18, 2017
nah dont buy the hype the mi6 lags even for a 6gb ram

it lags horribly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsIa30KHRJA&itct=CEUQpDAYASITCP3agPKx-NMCFQq1VQodsWEC1zILYzQtb3ZlcnZpZXdaGFVDckk2XzMxYjFPSFJFNjJCSFRNWU4wUQ%3Dhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gsIa30KHRJA&itct=CEUQpDAYASITCP3agPKx-NMCFQq1VQodsWEC1zILYzQtb3ZlcnZpZXdaGFVDckk2XzMxYjFPSFJFNjJCSFRNWU4wUQ%3D%3D&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by Nobody: 7:51am On May 18, 2017
mykelmeezy:

it lags horribly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsIa30KHRJA&itct=CEUQpDAYASITCP3agPKx-NMCFQq1VQodsWEC1zILYzQtb3ZlcnZpZXdaGFVDckk2XzMxYjFPSFJFNjJCSFRNWU4wUQ%3Dhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gsIa30KHRJA&itct=CEUQpDAYASITCP3agPKx-NMCFQq1VQodsWEC1zILYzQtb3ZlcnZpZXdaGFVDckk2XzMxYjFPSFJFNjJCSFRNWU4wUQ%3D%3D&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google
that's os bug

I think they will fix that in update

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by mykelmeezy: 10:49am On May 18, 2017
MetaHuman:
that's os bug
I think they will fix that in update
the phone cant stand s8

right now no phone can stand s8

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by henry007(m): 11:04am On May 18, 2017
mykelmeezy:

it lags horribly

When you've seen side by side video comparison, you're still looking for someone with a buggy unit?

Mind you lag has nothing to do with the ram as you can see clearly that the Samsung delays even more than the Xiaomi Mi 6 when it comes to opening apps that have been closed for a while. Unless you don't know what lag actually is, the SD 835 isn't built for lag my friend.

Most of the review you posted is even positive about the Xiaomi.

As far as i'm concerned the Samsung s8 is about $200-$300 overpriced.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by Nobody: 11:26am On May 18, 2017
henry007:

When you've seen side by side video comparison, you're still looking for someone with a buggy unit?

Mind you lag has nothing to do with the ram as you can see clearly that the Samsung delays even more than the Xiaomi Mi 6 when it comes to opening apps that have been closed for a while. Unless you don't know what lag actually is, the SD 835 isn't built for lag my friend.

So the yardstick of judging a phone is by 2 secs faster of apps opening?

Also, u considered the MI6 a buggy unit while the S8 isn't just to make the MI6 look better. Lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by mykelmeezy: 11:48am On May 18, 2017
henry007:

first off people like are those oversabi that are too literal

2ndly go watch the video n you'll see where it lags maybe hangs will suite your small processor brain

3rdly either you broke or financially incapacitated to afford the s8..

quality ain't cheap

more so xaomi is a china brand

look at the usage and financial quality after 4years n you'll understand why samsung s8 is better

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by appswift: 1:01pm On May 18, 2017
mykelmeezy:

2ndly go watch the video n you'll see where it lags maybe hangs will suite your small processor brain

quality ain't cheap

look at the usage and financial quality after 4years n you'll understand why samsung s8 is better

The Mi 6 is so cheap that it cost over N301,780.

5 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by mykelmeezy: 1:15pm On May 18, 2017
appswift:

talk about the price in may 2018

cheap isn't about cost price

its about retail value

s4 new still goes for around 56k

thats quality that aint cheap

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by tidedroid: 1:52pm On May 18, 2017
mykelmeezy:

it lags horribly

that's d Chinese ROM,the global ROM seems fast and stable check teclinehd review on youtube
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by wis292(m): 2:14pm On May 18, 2017
S8 explosive Unit Coming soon grin
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by mykelmeezy: 2:56pm On May 18, 2017
tidedroid:
that's d Chinese ROM,the global ROM seems fast and stable check teclinehd review on youtube

ok ill get their review
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by mykelmeezy: 3:00pm On May 18, 2017
wis292:
S8 explosive Unit Coming soon grin

does tha brain use monthly subscription and yours has expired

or is it using per second billing

coz your post is irrelevant in all sectors

take you are trying to be sarcastic but the fact that the Samsung s series has never had explosion issues cancels that

so its just plain ignorant and myopic

note7 and s7 aint even the same

mtshewwww

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by henry007(m): 4:36pm On May 18, 2017
mykelmeezy:

quality ain't cheap

Even the Note 7 that turned into a grenade was a quality device before it started blowing up in people's faces. What usage and financial quality do you speak of sir?

China brand vs Korea brand. we're not even going to get into how many quality phones are actually manufactured in China.

You watched the first video, tell me why the samsung that is running the exact same processor is significantly slower at opening apps. Also while tapping into your infinite wisdom, also tell me how you related lag to the RAM of the phone in the second video.

Lastly, why do you care if i can afford it or not when i'm simply stating facts unless your own high end human brain processor watches reviews/comparison videos and then goes, i can't afford this one so let me hate on it.

6 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by henry007(m): 4:40pm On May 18, 2017
ollah1:

So the yardstick of judging a phone is by 2 secs faster of apps opening?

Also, u considered the MI6 a buggy unit while the S8 isn't just to make the MI6 look better. Lol

Buggy or no buggy, on the video he posted as i stated, i didn't see the lag.
That's a lengthy video i watched and skipped (too much boring techy stuff really), point me in the right direction - what minute and what second should i be looking for lag.

I was referring to the obvious fact that he went to search on google for a "Laggy/slow Xiaomi mi 6" and then rushed to post the google result based on that link. lol

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by mykelmeezy: 6:33pm On May 18, 2017
henry007:

Even the Note 7 that turned into a grenade was a quality device before it started blowing up in people's faces. What usage and financial quality do you speak of sir?

China brand vs Korea brand. we're not even going to get into how many quality phones are actually manufactured in China.

You watched the first video, tell me why the samsung that is running the exact same processor is significantly slower at opening apps. Also while tapping into your infinite wisdom, also tell me how you related lag to the RAM of the phone in the second video.

Lastly, why do you care if i can afford it or not when i'm simply stating facts unless your own high end human brain processor watches reviews/comparison videos and then goes, i can't afford this one so let me hate on it.

go watch the video i posted

from 4:04 - 4:51

the phone hangs

for a phone of 6g ram

opening apps should not make a device freeze that bad

I have a colleague who uses the phone so i aint judging based off reviews

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 18, 2017
henry007:

Buggy or no buggy, on the video he posted as i stated, i didn't see the lag.
That's a lengthy video i watched and skipped (too much boring techy stuff really), point me in the right direction - what minute and what second should i be looking for lag.

I was referring to the obvious fact that he went to search on google for a "Laggy/slow Xiaomi mi 6" and then rushed to post the google result based on that link. lol

Don't play smart here. How did you reach the conclusion that he searched "laggy/slow Mi6 " on Google?

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by ip2121918021(m): 11:18pm On May 18, 2017
Very shitty video.

The s8's fingerprint scanner isn't slow at all, It'll take some getting used to if you've been using fingerprint scanners on the front.

Imagine comparing the settings app & dialer on a Samsung With the Xiaomi - the setting apps can't and won't be the same grin.

Samsung adds much more details and obviously has more settings than the xiaomi undecided.

These guys took care of the smallest things, Imagine being able to route audio from an app through your speakers while your bluetooth is connected or connecting to two bluetooth devices and playing audio at the same time - things other users would call bloatware or gimmics - yinmu.

You can't compare them specwise gaan - 3k screen vs 1080P screen grin
5.15" vs 5.8"
Headphone jack nko angry

Scale the s8's resolution to 1080P then we'll have a fair speed test smiley

The S8 is the best smartphone in the observable universe for now. Nothing comes close - yet grin

Software Alone I bow for samsung grin

PS: If you can afford both of these devices, don't try to save money by going for the xiaomi, get the s8 - totally worth it grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by ibnquasale(m): 12:01am On May 19, 2017
mykelmeezy:

the phone cant stand s8

right now no phone can stand s8

it's a lie. HTC 11 is presently the best phone ever... that may change later though, but as at today, no phone can stand HTC 11

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by mykelmeezy: 12:28am On May 19, 2017
ibnquasale:

it's a lie. HTC 11 is presently the best phone ever... that may change later though, but as at today, no phone can stand HTC 11

ogbeni calma

phone was just released yesterday not even up to a week review so s8 is still the best
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by ip2121918021(m): 1:07am On May 19, 2017
henry007:

That's like saying since I have a brain like bill gates why am I not rich like bill gates angry.

Put the s8's CPU,GPU & RAM Into the galaxy s1 and watch the s1 kill the s8 angry

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by henry007(m): 1:19am On May 19, 2017
ip2121918021:

That's like saying since I have a brain like bill gates why am I not rich like bill gates angry.

Put the s8's CPU,GPU & RAM Into the galaxy s1 and watch the s1 kill the s8 angry

You can't have the exact same brain as bill gates + even if you did metaphysically share the same copy of brain, No two people think alike. However, we're not talking about feature richness here, we're talking about speed.....lots of speed .....even more speed.

More so, if you meant that the 1440P takes a load on the Samsung s8's processor and thereby slows apps down, i would have you know that samsung s8 isn't even as fast as the slower SD625 processor on the Blackberry Keyone. Yes the KEYone is a 1080P but still inches out the S8 with a slower and older processor. How's that for losing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQbc2D4lY7s

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by kolexis: 1:29am On May 19, 2017
henry007:

You can't have the exact same brain as bill gates + even if you did metaphysically share the same copy of brain, No two people think alike. However, we're not talking about feature richness here, we're talking about speed.....lots of speed .....even more speed.

More so, if you meant that the 1440P takes a load on the Samsung s8's processor and thereby slows apps down, i would have you know that samsung s8 isn't even as fast as the slower SD625 processor on the Blackberry Keyone. Yes the KEYone is a 1080P but still inches out the S8 with a slower and older processor. How's that for losing?

Nice one bro
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by henry007(m): 1:29am On May 19, 2017
mykelmeezy:

go watch the video i posted

from 4:04 - 4:51

the phone hangs

for a phone of 6g ram

opening apps should not make a device freeze that bad

I have a colleague who uses the phone so i aint judging based off reviews

Wow that's sad that one little app could crash the ROM(Again, it has nothing to do with RAM). Things like that bug me out but that won't be the reason that Samsung wins.

Did you know that the GTA game that we all know and Love would never load on the Samsung S8 shocked?

Watch 3:30 - 3:55 of this video + the Blackberry KEYone whooping Samsung S8's butt in a speed test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQbc2D4lY7s&t=239s

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by henry007(m): 1:52am On May 19, 2017
ip2121918021:
Very shitty video.

The s8's fingerprint scanner isn't slow at all, It'll take some getting used to if you've been using fingerprint scanners on the front.

Imagine comparing the settings app & dialer on a Samsung With the Xiaomi - the setting apps can't and won't be the same grin.

Samsung adds much more details and obviously has more settings than the xiaomi undecided.

These guys took care of the smallest things, Imagine being able to route audio from an app through your speakers while your bluetooth is connected or connecting to two bluetooth devices and playing audio at the same time - things other users would call bloatware or gimmics - yinmu.

You can't compare them specwise gaan - 3k screen vs 1080P screen grin
5.15" vs 5.8"
Headphone jack nko angry

Scale the s8's resolution to 1080P then we'll have a fair speed test smiley

The S8 is the best smartphone in the observable universe for now. Nothing comes close - yet grin

Software Alone I bow for samsung grin

PS: If you can afford both of these devices, don't try to save money by going for the xiaomi, get the s8 - totally worth it grin

First of, that fingerprint sensor location is the hardest to reach since the inception of fingerprint sensors. I'm used to one on the front and back but it's still annoying where it's placed. Also, you're spoiled with other options, i guess you could say that they took a risk on that sensor.

Also, by default, the S8 and S8+ are actually on 1080P lol. This was done to save battery, which makes no sense at all. The battery size is below average for that screen size or maybe Samsung thought they were Apple for that decision moment. They went from an awesome 5" with 3000mAh battery to an even more awesome 5.8" with the same 3000mAh battery - the nerve of samsung is reaching. Awesome drains more battery and because that awesomeness isn't set by default, most users may never even experience it.

You're right about 1 thing tho, despite of all the cons of Samsung, the pros do out weigh the cons and anyone who can afford it should go for it because it's the most feature rich android smartphone on the planet. Also because you're buoyant/rich, you won't mind dumping it in an instant if you're not comfortable with all the gripes lol. There's only one other option tho - Apple!

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by mykelmeezy: 2:02am On May 19, 2017
henry007:

Wow that's sad that one little app could crash the ROM(Again, it has nothing to do with RAM). Things like that bug me out but that won't be the reason that Samsung wins.

Did you know that the GTA game that we all know and Love would never load on the Samsung S8 shocked?

Watch 3:30 - 3:55 of this video + the Blackberry KEYone whooping Samsung S8's butt in a speed test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQbc2D4lY7s&t=239s

this is hopeless

its all about preference anyways

but fact is any Samsung thumps any china phone any day any time

samsung s series and iphone are in a class of their own

they are like the benz of phones

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by ip2121918021(m): 4:59am On May 19, 2017
henry007:

First of, that fingerprint sensor location is the hardest to reach since the inception of fingerprint sensors. I'm used to one on the front and back but it's still annoying where it's placed. Also, you're spoiled with other options, i guess you could say that they took a risk on that sensor.

Also, by default, the S8 and S8+ are actually on 1080P lol. This was done to save battery, which makes no sense at all. The battery size is below average for that screen size or maybe Samsung thought they were Apple for that decision moment. They went from an awesome 5" with 3000mAh battery to an even more awesome 5.8" with the same 3000mAh battery - the nerve of samsung is reaching. Awesome drains more battery and because that awesomeness isn't set by default, most users may never even experience it.

You're right about 1 thing tho, despite of all the cons of Samsung, the pros do out weigh the cons and anyone who can afford it should go for it because it's the most feature rich android smartphone on the planet. Also because you're buoyant/rich, you won't mind dumping it in an instant if you're not comfortable with all the gripes lol. There's only one other option tho - Apple!

Of course, the power saving mode tunes it down to 1080p but the difference between the two is very clear even with text.
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by ip2121918021(m): 5:23am On May 19, 2017
henry007:

I'm not sure I understand this ^

First off, do not show me this guy's videos, he's obviously paying too much attention to the other phones.

Exactly, So I'm saying the processor isn't the only thing that determines performance.

i would have you know that samsung s8 isn't even as fast as the slower SD625 processor on the Blackberry Keyone.

The s8 is terrifically faster than the BB you can see the difference in boot speed.

Haha, I mean, the s8 will literally slay the BB Key and feed it's own intestines to it - to eat grin

Where's the BB faster, the internet speed test? undecided

In Benchmarks - phssh the s8 is *3 grin

That YouTube guy is a total noob - you can't include OEM apps in a speed test - you shouldn't. I mean the clock apps do the same thing, the settings apps do the same thing but they're from different devs.

@ 3.01 - the s8 killed the bb in I believe fallout ?

The key almost made some sense with GTA - but it isn't faster. That's like asking why a ps3 playing at 720p has higher frame rate than a PS4 playing a game at 1080p. the game will obviously be scaled down to the key's meager screen.

Or why a 10 year old boy with a cup of water will go faster than a 25 year old with a 'Fine Coat Paint' Bucket of water grin

BS - there're videos of the s8 playing gta sa on the same youtube you're bringing these videos from.

if you're going to say "Oya upload screenshots of you playing GTA SA" for proof that it doesn't crash

I'm not going to go the google play store to buy a game I've overplayed so I'll just go with the stereotype that Nigerians don't buy apps grin grin, When the phone stays like a month in my hands and I start throwing it on my bed anyhow. I'll enable installing apps from unknown sources cheesy

I'm not saying the s8 is better because I own it - but really it is.

Don't say it in public bro - s8 vs blackberry especially in areas like oshodi grin

No dey compare supermag and yoyo bitters.

Samsung target apple gaan cuz dem dey para for last gen, but I trust apple to fire back in september - no shaking grin. But for now the s8 is king.

Omo you're tougher to convince than Donald Trump's fans O grin

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by Dam5reey(m): 6:59am On May 19, 2017
Abeg, which of you don use the phones in question... Obviously no one...

1 settings on MiUi may turn you phone to a lagging phone...

Seems the second video has tampered with his Miui optimization.... I have over 20 Video reviews based on both phones... Neither phone lags...

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by Nobody: 7:05am On May 19, 2017
appswift:

It costs less than 200k.
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by Dam5reey(m): 7:08am On May 19, 2017
Dexter247:

It costs less than 200k.

You can even get it below 150K... If you know your way...
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by Nobody: 7:53am On May 19, 2017
Looks like samsung has now joined the tecno guerilla marketing bandwagon.

See them hyping cheaply made samsung phones.

Phones with wack batteries and awful build qualities.

What is my own self, samsung should contact me, I don't mind doing some mad ass marketting for them under new moniker.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

did you ever read that User manual ? / How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? / Please I Need Urgent Help With My Gionee Marathon M5 Plus, Anyone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.