Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,683 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading (21937 Views)

Delta Corper Survives Lassa Fever, Passes Out (Photo) / Lady Turns Her NYSC Uniform Into A Wrapper & Blouse, Rocks It As She Passes Out / Dwarf Plateau Corper Passes Out With Certificate, Car And Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by ultimate73(m): 6:46am On May 18, 2017
Nawa o........ with #19800
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by Nobody: 6:46am On May 18, 2017
Edakun what is the purpose of CDS and The Trainings they give at the Camps...please increase allowee and absorb Corps members jare instead of using them as an alternative source of cheap, educated labour.
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by ednut1(m): 6:46am On May 18, 2017
Scrap the bloody scheme jare
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by YelloweWest: 6:46am On May 18, 2017
DamiG:
SCRAP THE CRAP CALLED NYSC!!!

It has outlived its usefulness angry
Half the kids in the north won't have a chance at education

1 Like

Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by Nobody: 6:47am On May 18, 2017
Ohkk... The skill acquisition is welcomed devt. What about increament in allowee.. #19800 is not enough..
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by MrJaydpro: 6:47am On May 18, 2017
Where is the money going to come from? I mean the money for carrying out such vocational trainings... Another avenue for the so-called contractors to loot more. Then u will hear that one clipper costs 50,000, sewing machine costs 350,000. Stupid country cry cry
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by Edopesin: 6:48am On May 18, 2017
it will concern me when i get dere

jamb shu epp us ahn bring our result
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by corpersforum(f): 6:49am On May 18, 2017
If you not a member, You are wrong......

Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by Nizguy(m): 6:50am On May 18, 2017
this is the one they will quickly passed but wen it's increments of allawee, they won't pass it or even mentioned it. God help 9ja
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by btcfarm: 6:51am On May 18, 2017
Enyimbamercedes:
Stupid Bill! Why wait till the youth finishes university to now give them vocational/ entrepreneurial skills. Why not have this incorporated right from primary school to secondary school so that by that time the youth can make an informed decision on their career path. To decide if they want to go to university or polytechnic. To decide if they even want to further education or go into business!
Well said
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by Aloyhood: 6:54am On May 18, 2017
dhope001:
Continue the allowi until Corpers got employment
your head dey there bro

1 Like

Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by kuuljay(m): 6:55am On May 18, 2017
Govt budgets close to a million each for every corps member, give that money to graduates imediatetly they are out of school and some of them may never be poor again,how much does it take to start a paoultry

1 Like

Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by LordOfNaira: 6:56am On May 18, 2017
Another way to chop money. Once the bill becomes law, it would reflect in the budget but the corps members will still be poorly trained while somebody will get the bulk of the money.

They should either pass the bill to increase allowances or scrap the program and invest more in our universities.

1 Like

Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by AreaFada2: 7:00am On May 18, 2017
This is still waste of time and money. A volunteer programme would be better. Serving as auxiliaries with the forces, law enforcement, charities, research institutions, etc.

1 Like

Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by HalbondAdmin: 7:00am On May 18, 2017
Good

Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by Afrok(m): 7:01am On May 18, 2017
Imagine... which skill I wan learn now for Wasagu, Kebbi state where I dey serve? thinking.... maybe how to rear cows, mtchew...
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by Nobody: 7:05am On May 18, 2017
Enyimbamercedes:
Stupid Bill! Why wait till the youth finishes university to now give them vocational/ entrepreneurial skills. Why not have this incorporated right from primary school to secondary school so that by that time the youth can make an informed decision on their career path. To decide if they want to go to university or polytechnic. To decide if they even want to further education or go into business!

You've made very valid points

Have you also considered the influence of parents and family?

Many people are forced into frustrating careers by "ambitious" parents.

These parents would want their son to be a medical doctor when the guy really would have done better as a singer (Look at Dr Sid)

Just imagine what would have happened if Jay Jay Okocha's parents had INSISTED on forcing him into the university.

Apart from the proposed bill, parents should encourage their kids to follow their own natural gifts early.

It could help both decongest our universities and empower young people to start fending for themselves early in life.

Thank you
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by LordOfNaira: 7:07am On May 18, 2017
YelloweWest:

Half the kids in the north won't have a chance at education

That is a poor excuse. Government should employ qualified teachers (I mean professionals trained to teach) not take advantage of the scheme and graduates.

1 Like

Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by talk2dmc(m): 7:12am On May 18, 2017
chiefolododo:
Increase the allowance not the stress
how much will they pay that will be enough for you. You sounds lazy. Teach me how to fish is far better than give me fish .
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by talk2dmc(m): 7:13am On May 18, 2017
chiefolododo:
Increase the allowance not the stress
. how much will they pay that will be enough for you. You sounds lazy. Teach me how to fish is far better than give me fish .
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by chiefolododo(m): 7:13am On May 18, 2017
Okay , thank you
talk2dmc:
how much will they pay that will be enough for you. You sounds lazy. Teach me how to fish is far better than give me fish .
guess you are typing from BMC?
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by oyetpel(m): 7:14am On May 18, 2017
Sen. Stella Oduah? This thief still managed to get into senate.
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by walezy85: 7:16am On May 18, 2017
hmmmm NYSC.....now your struggle continues. they should. improve on SAED program,given loan of no interest & increase alawi lobatan
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by Nonso16(m): 7:29am On May 18, 2017
Ok, I Just got this Weird Message from Nysc "That i am not included in Stream 1" which is so so Sad. Can some tell when stream 2 will be ready?? Thanks
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by antosly(m): 7:45am On May 18, 2017
Young graduate needs funding to startup small scale in oda to effect this entrepreneurial program else this anoda platform to loot in the name of bill
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by Chstel(m): 7:50am On May 18, 2017
Spidermon:
The way this thing is headed,

I think the pragmatic thing for middle class parents to do now is set up a long term savings for children, give them quality primary and secondary school education, teach them basic life skills like moderate to advanced computer proficiency, driving, international exposure etc and afterwards set them up as entrepreneurs.

That is if they cant afford better.

University education in Nigeria has lost value.

in fact you utter it all.

1 Like

Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by Yello1(m): 7:55am On May 18, 2017
I was thinking they are gonna make it a compulsory military service just like in south korea. After training and d rest corpers will serve as military officers for a while den dos who believe dey are fit and want to continue and dos who aint interested will leave for cooporate work. Dis will cut down unemployment and uncensured entities who join d military today.
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by Tayeni(m): 8:08am On May 18, 2017
Enyimbamercedes:
I swear it seems our leaders don't debate ideas to weed out the stupid ones such as this one.

instead of finding a way to update the curricula of tertiary institution and finding a way to make them practical.....they are busy churning out ideas that will ultimately end up as conduit for embezzlement and waste.
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by Tayeni(m): 8:17am On May 18, 2017
alignacademy:

You've made very valid points

Have you also considered the influence of parents and family?

Many people are forced into frustrating careers by "ambitious" parents.

These parents would want their son to be a medical doctor when the guy really would have done better as a singer (Look at Dr Sid)

Just imagine what would have happened if Jay Jay Okocha's parents had INSISTED on forcing him into the university.

Apart from the proposed bill, parents should encourage their kids to follow their own natural gifts early.

It could help both decongest our universities and empower young people to start fending for themselves early in life.

Thank you

Enough of this talk about "natural gifts" and stuff like that. Nigeria doesn't need more of Dr Sid or Okocha. what we need is to encourage kids to study science and engineering related courses more. I won't blame any parent that steers their kids in that direction. Why would any sane society want to decongest universities.....na wa of
Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by Nobody: 8:37am On May 18, 2017
Tayeni:
Enough of this talk about "natural gifts" and stuff like that. Nigeria doesn't need more of Dr Sid or Okocha. what we need is to encourage kids to study science and engineering related courses more. I won't blame any parent that steers their kids in that direction. Why would any sane society want to decongest universities.....na wa of

You have a point.

Natural gifts don't only have to be music and sports.
There are people who are naturally wired for math.

If only the ones with the flair for science and engineering related courses get to read them in our universities.

Don't you think the universities are churning out way too many unskilled graduates?

I think so. And it stems from people who have no business being there getting in there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading by Rajosh(m): 8:51am On May 18, 2017
Nonsense bill. Not everyone is cut out for the business world. Entrepreneurship should be taught from secondary schools so that one can decide early whether he should proceed to university or not. Our lawmakers are becoming clueless. I'm voting for APDA 2019.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. / Nysc Corpers Protest against Unsolicited Debits by Access Bank (photos) / Nysc 2012, Batch A Time Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.