Stats: 3,154,042 members, 7,821,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG (9937 Views)

NNPC Sacked 850 Refinery Workers - NUPENG / Oando Graduate Accelerated Program (GAP) 2019 / Oando Sacks 100 Workers (2) (3) (4)

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by Originality007: 9:43am On May 20, 2017
NUPENG
Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by GbeduTicket(m): 9:57am On May 20, 2017
Next story please lipsrsealed
Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by bossrillboss: 10:19am On May 20, 2017
Dupalmer:
The moment job seekers realize that employers are only mindful of their personal interests the better for them.
A Workplace is someone's dream thus the workplace owner hires and fires at his discretion.
People will keep crying foul about their respective workplaces if they don't stop seeking for jobs.
I acknowledge the fact that not everyone should be an entrepreneur but there will be a serious alleviation of poverty index if a greater number of people should think out of the box and work towards self reliance by acquiring certain skills.
China is where it is today because they made government jobs and politics unattractive thereby encouraging skills acquisition and entrepreneurship development.
In Nigeria everybody is looking for job in banks, oil companies, Fed civil service, multinationals etc.
Self reliance require skill acquisition, hardwork, persistence, patience and positive mindset.
These are attributes that most Nigerians have but channel it to the wrong course. We celebrate our billionaires and Forbes' list names but very few have bothered to research on the time line of their struggles. We started off than most of these big names so we should do better if we make the right moves.
A girl dumped me in 2008 when I told her I never want to work for anyone. She got a job in Wema Bank then now she's in Fidelity Bank. I was very broke then, that was few months after NYSC but was seriously pursuing a dream though with frustrating results. She didn't see any good economic future with me.
Today she wants us back. She also calls me a man of vision and wants me to open account in fidelity Bank and I'm sure she wants to be my account officer.
I don't want to sound like a braggart but I'm only trying to encourage self reliance.

Well, let the job seekers keep crying foul. I hate pitying them. If you are not comfortable the way your employers treat you go and create your own job otherwise keep quiet.
..mr man wit due respect to all u av stated above,we all will neva or follow d same part,thank God u had ur way nd become successful dia plenty oda person can go dat same way nd suffer terrible,so neva blame pple or dia decision,smthng smw wer change or affects dia life.let b grateful at times nd nt see odas as unserious or smthng else.thank u.

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by kenralph(m): 10:52am On May 20, 2017
Dupalmer:
The moment job seekers realize that employers are only mindful of their personal interests the better for them.
A Workplace is someone's dream thus the workplace owner hires and fires at his discretion.
People will keep crying foul about their respective workplaces if they don't stop seeking for jobs.
I acknowledge the fact that not everyone should be an entrepreneur but there will be a serious alleviation of poverty index if a greater number of people should think out of the box and work towards self reliance by acquiring certain skills.
China is where it is today because they made government jobs and politics unattractive thereby encouraging skills acquisition and entrepreneurship development.

Well, let the job seekers keep crying foul. I hate pitying them. If you are not comfortable the way your employers treat you go and create your own job otherwise keep quiet.

Bros you're a big encouragement to the younger ones.

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by ocelot2006(m): 10:53am On May 20, 2017
sniperr007:
Unions kill business with their wrong demands (at times)and no private Nigerian company wants union.

EXACTLY!!! Nothing kills a company's staff productivity, and the company itself, faster than bloody Unions and their ridiculous demands. I say kudos to Oando and Shell for that.

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by kenralph(m): 10:56am On May 20, 2017
bossrillboss:
..mr man wit due respect to all u av stated above,we all will neva or follow d same part,thank God u had ur way nd become successful dia plenty oda person can go dat same way nd suffer terrible,so neva blame pple or dia decision,smthng smw wer change or affects dia life.let b grateful at times nd nt see odas as unserious or smthng else.thank u.

Oga i believe i saw what looked like a disclaimer in his post. He did say "he's not saying everyone should be an entrepreneur "

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by Dupalmer: 12:36pm On May 20, 2017
bossrillboss:
My brother remember I said that everyone shouldn't be an entrepreneur but greater percentage should work towards entrepreneurship. I never told you its an easy path. That's where many back off because they don't want to suffer for getting that there's always light at the end of the tunnel.
My starting was too rugged and seemingly hopeless but I kept on. You can imagine pursuing an idea with zero capital and zero support.
Today in Nigeria, at least 100,000 graduates participate in NYSC every year. Have you ever asked your self if the establishments in Nigeria absorb upto 30 percent of the graduates let alone millions of OND, NCE and WAEC holders. China is almost times 7 of Nigeria yet they have been able to keep their unemployment rate at a single digit because of skills acquisition and entrepreneurship development.
Nigeria will remain in recession or something close to it if they don't work hard towards individual self reliance efforts.

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by levi2(m): 8:55pm On May 20, 2017
Jarus:

Trust me, Shell contract staff earn far more than permanent staff in many downstream comoanies.

@ Jarus..I know Alot of SHELL COntract Staffs their Salaries no reach 200k o!...it is very crazy compared to the Staffs...
Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by ennyj01(m): 6:09pm On May 04, 2022
levi2:

@ Jarus..I know Alot of SHELL COntract Staffs their Salaries no reach 200k o!...it is very crazy compared to the Staffs...

Please do you know the pay for Oando GT?

Good evening

5 Reasons Why You Don't Get Jobs From Previous Clients. / ‘Forget About the Stigma’ Male Nurses Explain Why Nursing Is a Job of the Future / My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension