Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG (9914 Views)

NNPC Sacked 850 Refinery Workers - NUPENG / Oando Graduate Accelerated Program (GAP) 2019 / Oando Sacks 100 Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by Trending01: 10:48am On May 18, 2017
The Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) has resisted the recent Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) by the federal government and Oando Plc, stating that the later kills jobs.

Earlier Oando entered a deal with the government and Eni (Agip), to manage the Port Harcourt Refinery, under repair, operate and maintain (ROM) arrangement.

But Joseph Ogbebor, NUPENG general secretary, via a statement on behalf of the body, said the arrangement is faulty and should not be consummated with the unions.

“Oando Plc is not a worker-friendly organization as it detests unionization in all its subsidiaries and companies. We are not against the Federal Government’s reforms to overhaul the oil and gas sector, but it should not be to the detriment of workers,” the statement read in part.

“NUPENG will resist the arrangement with Oando if the oil workers are thrown into the unemployment market. The change promised by the present administration is to generate more jobs and not kill jobs which Oando is known for.

FOR MORE, VISIT: http://theicon.ng/2017/05/18/oando-plc-not-worker-friendly-company-nupeng/

2 Likes

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by chynie: 7:07am On May 20, 2017
K, am now FTC
but I don't know what to comment grin

Let me be reading others comments cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by mattywealth(m): 7:07am On May 20, 2017
The person above me is actually the person Jesus was referring to on the cross when he said
It is finished

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtnCsm_cB8I

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by Partnerbiz(f): 7:07am On May 20, 2017
Bubu is
Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by Dottore: 7:07am On May 20, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by SooCute(m): 7:08am On May 20, 2017
Okay ooooo......

Please when is Seun and NL MODS going to stop all these fraudsters posting FAKE and AFTER-GAME-EDITED bet slip?
Stop defrauding people. bet your bet and get rich like E-money. We don't care!!!!

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by lastmaster(m): 7:08am On May 20, 2017
ok
Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by Bibors(m): 7:09am On May 20, 2017
Stop blaming Oando , blame the man who single handedly brought recession
Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by Edum13656: 7:09am On May 20, 2017
Really? and they are inviting me to be one of their directors

1 Like

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by Dupalmer: 7:10am On May 20, 2017
The moment job seekers realize that employers are only mindful of their personal interests the better for them.
A Workplace is someone's dream thus the workplace owner hires and fires at his discretion.
People will keep crying foul about their respective workplaces if they don't stop seeking for jobs.
I acknowledge the fact that not everyone should be an entrepreneur but there will be a serious alleviation of poverty index if a greater number of people should think out of the box and work towards self reliance by acquiring certain skills.
China is where it is today because they made government jobs and politics unattractive thereby encouraging skills acquisition and entrepreneurship development.
In Nigeria everybody is looking for job in banks, oil companies, Fed civil service, multinationals etc.
Self reliance require skill acquisition, hardwork, persistence, patience and positive mindset.
These are attributes that most Nigerians have but channel it to the wrong course. We celebrate our billionaires and Forbes' list names but very few have bothered to research on the time line of their struggles. We started off than most of these big names so we should do better if we make the right moves.
A girl dumped me in 2008 when I told her I never want to work for anyone. She got a job in Wema Bank then now she's in Fidelity Bank. I was very broke then, that was few months after NYSC but was seriously pursuing a dream though with frustrating results. She didn't see any good economic future with me.
Today she wants us back. She also calls me a man of vision and wants me to open account in fidelity Bank and I'm sure she wants to be my account officer.
I don't want to sound like a braggart but I'm only trying to encourage self reliance.

Well, let the job seekers keep crying foul. I hate pitying them. If you are not comfortable the way your employers treat you go and create your own job otherwise keep quiet.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by EroticJane(f): 7:11am On May 20, 2017
the blame blame game in Nigeria
Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by SexyNairalander: 7:11am On May 20, 2017
booked
Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by Raymonbell(m): 7:14am On May 20, 2017
You don't want OANDO to kick you out because of your incompetence. That's the only meaning I saw in that post

5 Likes

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by Habayomie(m): 7:15am On May 20, 2017
Oando belongs to the TINUBUs,so no going back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by Repairnigeria(m): 7:23am On May 20, 2017
at least una still see one
Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by HottestFire: 7:29am On May 20, 2017
I don't always like the way we bring this our Nigerian mentality into business. The whites will set up company and we will be struggling to work there because everyrhing is functional but when that same company is handed over to us as a Nigerian, everything will nosedive
angry

5 Likes

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by dingbang(m): 7:34am On May 20, 2017
Their wahala...
Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by free2ryhme: 7:38am On May 20, 2017
na dem sabi
Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by OKUCHI11(m): 7:46am On May 20, 2017
Dottore:
Ok
Repairnigeria:
at least una still see one
dingbang:
Their wahala...
free2ryhme:
na dem sabi
first to comment
Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by sakalisis(m): 7:54am On May 20, 2017
Ayam not understanding
Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by levi2(m): 8:08am On May 20, 2017
OANDO is Even Better....COME TO SHELL (SPDC) and SEE HOW THEIR CONTRACT STAFF ARE SUFFERING NO SALARY REVIEW <THEIR SALARIES ARE VERY SMALL ESPECIALLY THOSE WORKING IN THEIR FIELD LOCATIONS....THERE IS NO 13TH MONTH,NO ALLOWANCES, NO SEVERANCE PACKAGE..NO UNIONISM IS JUST MODERN SLAVERY ..AND YET THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT IS PRETENDING LIKE THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING....IS JUST TOO SAD...AND THE COMPANY KEEPS DENYING THAT THERE ARE NO CONTRACT STAFFs(HIDING UNDER THE GUISE OF PROVIDING SERVICES).....

2 Likes

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by Nobody: 8:16am On May 20, 2017
Hmmnnn. Dont know the situation now, but when I was there, it wasn't bad a company, employee welfare wise.

Head to head with Total as best in the downstream, then.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by Nobody: 8:18am On May 20, 2017
levi2:
OANDO is Even Better....COME TO SHELL (SPDC) and SEE HOW THEIR CONTRACT STAFF ARE SUFFERING NO SALARY REVIEW <THEIR SALARIES ARE VERY SMALL ESPECIALLY THOSE WORKING IN THEIR FIELD LOCATIONS....THERE IS NO 13TH MONTH,NO ALLOWANCES, NO SEVERANCE PACKAGE..NO UNIONISM IS JUST MODERN SLAVERY ..AND YET THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT IS PRETENDING LIKE THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING....IS JUST TOO SAD...AND THE COMPANY KEEPS DENYING THAT THERE ARE NO CONTRACT STAFFs(HIDING UNDER THE GUISE OF PROVIDING SERVICES).....

Trust me, Shell contract staff earn far more than permanent staff in many downstream companies.

3 Likes

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by rottable(m): 8:25am On May 20, 2017
Dupalmer:
The moment job seekers realize that employers are only mindful of their personal interests the better for them.
A Workplace is someone's dream thus the workplace owner hires and fires at his discretion.
People will keep crying foul about their respective workplaces if they don't stop seeking for jobs.
I acknowledge the fact that not everyone should be an entrepreneur but there will be a serious alleviation of poverty index if a greater number of people should think out of the box and work towards self reliance by acquiring certain skills.
China is where it is today because they made government jobs and politics unattractive thereby encouraging skills acquisition and entrepreneurship development.
In Nigeria everybody is looking for job in banks, oil companies, Fed civil service, multinationals etc.
Self reliance require skill acquisition, hardwork, persistence, patience and positive mindset.
These are attributes that most Nigerians have but channel it to the wrong course. We celebrate our billionaires and Forbes' list names but very few have bothered to research on the time line of their struggles. We started off than most of these big names so we should do better if we make the right moves.
A girl dumped me in 2008 when I told her I never want to work for anyone. She got a job in Wema Bank then now she's in Fidelity Bank. I was very broke then, that was few months after NYSC but was seriously pursuing a dream though with frustrating results. She didn't see any good economic future with me.
Today she wants us back. She also calls me a man of vision and wants me to open account in fidelity Bank and I'm sure she wants to be my account officer.
I don't want to sound like a braggart but I'm only trying to encourage self reliance.

Well, let the job seekers keep crying foul. I hate pitying them. If you are not comfortable the way your employers treat you go and create your own job otherwise keep quiet.
. You made my day with this comment, boss.

1 Like

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by Deeldorado: 8:30am On May 20, 2017
I hope NUPENG members also have the necessary skills to get the refinery running. An employer should be free do away with the services of an employee where the required skills are lacking.

2 Likes

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by seXytOhbAd(m): 8:40am On May 20, 2017
Quite silly. Unionism in a Plc that isn't government owned? Una try
Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by sniperr007(m): 8:53am On May 20, 2017
Unions kill business with their wrong demands (at times)and no private Nigerian company wants union.

3 Likes

Re: Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company – NUPENG by Nobody: 9:19am On May 20, 2017
SooCute:
Okay ooooo......

Please when is Seun and NL MODS going to stop all these fraudsters posting FAKE and AFTER-GAME-EDITED bet slip?
Stop defrauding people. bet your bet and get rich like E-money. We don't care!!!!

LMAO.....so u ve fallen a victim?...kpele

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Dssc Shortlisting / What Is Your Dream Job? / 5 Reasons Why You Don't Get Jobs From Previous Clients.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.